Wednesday international friendlies - Why god? why?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby centarec » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:35 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Fauxy wrote:Yep as far as i know

Good to hear.  I was most concerned about Torres but it sounds like he took it easy tonight.  Good lad is our Nando.  :nod

Nando is fine .. he really took it easy tonight , and the Macedonian defenders werent to sharp with him
centarec

Postby Fauxy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:00 am

Bad Bob wrote:BTW, that's a sweet sig Fauxy...Torres doing the Haka.  PMSL! :laugh:

thx  :grinning:
Fauxy

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:05 am

Fauxy wrote:Yeh Babel completely destroyed johnson, but its still the same old Babel.. he gets past his man and then cant do anything more

He started off poorly, typically dribbling into trouble, even passed 6-12 yards straight out of play! Perhaps more worrying is how our new RB fared.

I found it curious that when Babel came on he went to the left and Robben to the right. Good finish by Kuyt although Green could have made himself bigger given the angle was acute and lying on the floor meant Kuyt could round him and pick his spot which he did with panache. Good to see overrated rio exposed with another mistake, this time in an England shirt. I'm gobsmacked the mancs keep as tight a defence as they do with him in it, must be rubbish teams he looks solid against and the lack of ambition by teams playing them at ot.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:06 am

Dundalk wrote:You just get the feeling about babel that if we ever let him go he would be world player of the year with 12 months, so much potential

If we can't get the best out of him then what's the point in keeping him?the season has only begun so lets give him some more time. It probably doesn't help that he is constantly switching positions as well. I hope he comes good though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loopyliverpool » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:12 am

Was channel hopping last night as friedlies bore me to the core but what I saw I would say of our players: Kuyt surprisingly sharp and good on the ball, Johnson okish going forward but not noticably good defensively (worrying) and Babel looked very sharp also, he may have some flaws but his pace is electric... one time he left Johnson for dust. I still think Babel will show some better form if he was given an extended run in the team as Benayoun was last season.
loopyliverpool

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:16 am

I dont think this is a game to properly measure our players form. After all they were all looking ahead to Sunday, and I would guess late in the game when Babel was actually looking like he was getting the better of him Johnson was holding back and protecting his hamstrings.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:18 am

bavlondon wrote:
Dundalk wrote:You just get the feeling about babel that if we ever let him go he would be world player of the year with 12 months, so much potential

If we can't get the best out of him then what's the point in keeping him?the season has only begun so lets give him some more time. It probably doesn't help that he is constantly switching positions as well. I hope he comes good though.

Funnily enough he seemed to be playing left last night as if it has been accepted that where he plays for us is his best position. Good managers seem to rate him, so they must see more than most here do.

On another note I hope Dafoe keeps Owen out of the team to snuff out any chance he has. If Owen has a chance to play for England in the WC he will play out of his skin for Utd, and I hope that does not happen. I am surprised no one opened a "Hate Owen" thread.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:23 am

kazza wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Funnily enough he seemed to be playing left last night as if it has been accepted that where he plays for us is his best position. Good managers seem to rate him, so they must see more than most here do.

On another note I hope Dafoe keeps Owen out of the team to snuff out any chance he has. If Owen has a chance to play for England in the WC he will play out of his skin for Utd, and I hope that does not happen. I am surprised no one opened a "Hate Owen" thread.

Owen is a manc now mate so i expect most people problem dont give a rats ar.se about what he does or him
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:26 am

GYBS wrote:
kazza wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Owen is a manc now mate so i expect most people problem dont give a rats ar.se about what he does or him

Exactly that is the point. If he does well, we will all care and I hope he fails.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:27 am

he can score as many as he wants mate - as long as they mean feck all in terms of trophies - if he scores goals to stop us winning then will hate the little fecker
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:33 am

GYBS wrote:he can score as many as he wants mate - as long as they mean feck all in terms of trophies - if he scores goals to stop us winning then will hate the little fecker

???  wow, that makes sense  :upside:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:48 am

kazza wrote:
GYBS wrote:he can score as many as he wants mate - as long as they mean feck all in terms of trophies - if he scores goals to stop us winning then will hate the little fecker

???  wow, that makes sense  :upside:

gootta agree, I'm struggling with that one as well.  :D
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:53 am

centarec wrote:I was at the stadium today watching Macedonia - Spain and watching Riera tonight was incredible.. Pure magic , and the goal he scored WOW . Torres was kind of lazy didnt care to much for the game , but hey why should he .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ajjYtiE1c
heres the goal

I'm actually a bit worried about Torres's attitude lately, he does seem to be a tiny bit sulky and is not really putting in the effort. I hope it's just that he hates playing in friendlies and not some kind of reaction to Xabi p1ssing off.
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:00 am

Torres will be up for it when the real stuff happens and the meaningless friendlies are finished
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:17 am

heimdall wrote:
centarec wrote:I was at the stadium today watching Macedonia - Spain and watching Riera tonight was incredible.. Pure magic , and the goal he scored WOW . Torres was kind of lazy didnt care to much for the game , but hey why should he .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ajjYtiE1c
heres the goal

I'm actually a bit worried about Torres's attitude lately, he does seem to be a tiny bit sulky and is not really putting in the effort. I hope it's just that he hates playing in friendlies and not some kind of reaction to Xabi p1ssing off.

I must say I was thinking the same thing. Winning is contageous however and hopefully all will be forgotten when we win games.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion