International duty

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:45 am

My concern with all long term layoff players is whether they're good value for money or not.

Lallana is falling into the Studge category, the lads we're bringing in at the mo are equal value, high contribution players.

Sadly we have to be more business like, either he's going to recover or not, if not, move on. To send him out on international duty when he hasn't contributed to our own domestic campaign is pure stupidity.

Whether I / we / you like the lad or not doesn't come into it.
User avatar
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 11707
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Singapore

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:37 am

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:30 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:26 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:23 pm wrote:He's hardly kicked a ball for two years, whilst trousering a huge wad of wages each week.

Just get rid.


Actually it was just last season he was injured - the season before he played just under 40 games.

If you are going to blurt stuff at least make it factually correct

And you can’t “just get rid” of players

No one knows exactly the extent of the injury - it could just be a minor precaution


If you actually watch any Liverpool games you will see that Lallana is garbage, with no end product. His age means he is prone to more and more injuries. With the addition of Keita and Fabinho, there is no room for him anyway.

If Oxlaide-Chamberlain was fit now I'm certain Lallana would have been sold.


Lallana was one of our best players in the 16/17 season when Klopp dropped him deeper to play as the most attacking midfielder. He is more than capable of providing end product proven by the fact he managed 8 goals and 7 assists in 27 league starts in 16/17. Only Firmino, Mane and Coutinho managed more goals and only Wijnaldum managed more assists. People need to stop thinking of him as a front 3 player and Klopp has only played him there when he has been forced too. Lallana's only problem is injuries.
Image

i think yes what about you
User avatar
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4556
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:47 pm
Location: i think yes what about you

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:47 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:47 pm wrote:Was he this injury prone at Southampton? Can't say I taking that much notice of him when he was there.


He has managed 100 league appearances in the 4 seasons he has been with us. He managed 145 in the 4 seasons before that, including 37 league starts in his final season with Southampton.

2017/2018 Liverpool EPL 1(11)
2016/2017 Liverpool EPL 27(4)
2015/2016 Liverpool EPL 23(7)
2014/2015 Liverpool EPL 23(4)
Image

i think yes what about you
User avatar
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4556
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:47 pm
Location: i think yes what about you

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:20 am

Cool Hand Luke » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:47 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:47 pm wrote:Was he this injury prone at Southampton? Can't say I taking that much notice of him when he was there.


He has managed 100 league appearances in the 4 seasons he has been with us. He managed 145 in the 4 seasons before that, including 37 league starts in his final season with Southampton.

2017/2018 Liverpool EPL 1(11)
2016/2017 Liverpool EPL 27(4)
2015/2016 Liverpool EPL 23(7)
2014/2015 Liverpool EPL 23(4)


Nice one mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 9976
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Reg » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:45 am wrote:My concern with all long term layoff players is whether they're good value for money or not.

Lallana is falling into the Studge category, the lads we're bringing in at the mo are equal value, high contribution players.

Sadly we have to be more business like, either he's going to recover or not, if not, move on. To send him out on international duty when he hasn't contributed to our own domestic campaign is pure stupidity.

Whether I / we / you like the lad or not doesn't come into it.

Well said :nod
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 1909
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm
Location: Cheshire

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:47 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:47 pm wrote:Was he this injury prone at Southampton? Can't say I taking that much notice of him when he was there.


He has managed 100 league appearances in the 4 seasons he has been with us. He managed 145 in the 4 seasons before that, including 37 league starts in his final season with Southampton.

2017/2018 Liverpool EPL 1(11)
2016/2017 Liverpool EPL 27(4)
2015/2016 Liverpool EPL 23(7)
2014/2015 Liverpool EPL 23(4)

Your point is what!?

Tell me, who exactly is Lallana AHEAD of in the Midfield pecking order?.. Milner, Hendo, Wjnaldum, Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri etc...

I can't see Lallana getting a start ahead of any of those.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 1909
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm
Location: Cheshire

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:32 pm

parchpea » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 pm wrote:Lallana is an absolute knacker now.


:laugh: wtf

I doubt he has another job mate as you said it yourself he's getting paid millions here.

Just to be on the safe side ,if you ever hear of him opening a restaurant make sure you avoid it!! :D
User avatar
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 6481
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:35 pm
Location: ireland

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Don't half miss the footy on a Saturday, can't believe there's another one of these cr@ppy international breaks coming up next month as well. It will be even worse when these mid winter breaks kick in, footy is so stop start these days, years ago the only thing that stopped the flow was freakishly bad weather. Internationals were played mid week and the league program resumed on the weekend.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 9976
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:12 pm wrote:Don't half miss the footy on a Saturday, can't believe there's another one of these cr@ppy international breaks coming up next month as well. It will be even worse when these mid winter breaks kick in, footy is so stop start these days, years ago the only thing that stopped the flow was freakishly bad weather. Internationals were played mid week and the league program resumed on the weekend.

Another round in November as well  :glare:
User avatar
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 4286
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: Third rock from the sun

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:43 pm

kazza » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:17 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:12 pm wrote:Don't half miss the footy on a Saturday, can't believe there's another one of these cr@ppy international breaks coming up next month as well. It will be even worse when these mid winter breaks kick in, footy is so stop start these days, years ago the only thing that stopped the flow was freakishly bad weather. Internationals were played mid week and the league program resumed on the weekend.

Another round in November as well  :glare:


:(
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 9976
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:14 pm

If he plays then I fancy our Shaqiri to get one tonight at Wembley. Been in good form for Switzerland and I think he will cause England problems with his movement and direct play in a free ish role.
parchpea
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 3987
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:13 am

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Shaqiri hit the post
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 1909
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm
Location: Cheshire

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:54 am



Your point is what!?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:03 pm


He Hit the Post, and didn't score !

:p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 1909
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm
Location: Cheshire

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

  • Advertisement
cron
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!