Reds international fallout

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Espionage » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:45 am

F*cking hell..... I can believe our luck.  Kuyt was the indestructable man at Feyenoord and he comes to Liverpool and gets injured.  Lets hope that he is back as soon as possible as he was playing really well.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:18 am

I think its nothing short of a joke in this day and age, "proffesional" federations in football where on a club level the stakes are so high the money so much. Yet their can't be a compromise made to ensure clubs get looked after, either compensated as Rafa said in the article above. Or the re-scheduling of fixtures, surely it can't be that hard, and the thing is for this to happen all the clubs effected by this must make the noise to be heard and something being done.   :veryangry
66-1112520797

Postby FRfanatic » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:20 am

Update :Last night in the news papers , the injury is not that bad.
Maybe this weekend will be too soon but for sure he will be able to play next week.
FRfanatic

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:33 pm

Kuyt will miss game against Blackburn and the CL match, but will hopefully be back for the Mancs.

BBC link
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby red37 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:43 pm

i appreciate the sentiments of ian rush here fully. but for me the fact that 'here' is the place where JC is revered the most only goes to aid our cause at the moment. the last thing we need is Carragher getting injured as well. but he does have a real point where the england set-up is concerned. players like King, Ferdinand, Neville and Terry seem to be the be all and end all for most of the previous regime as well as this. it is a travesty. but one that can only play to our advantage.

Leaving Carra on the bench is just a joke Oct 10 2006

By Ian Rush, Liverpool Echo

IF LEDLEY King and Jamie Carragher were made available for transfer tomorrow, how many top class managers would buy the Spurs man ahead of the Liverpool defender?

The idea there are three better English centre-halves than Carragher is laughable.

No disrespect to King, who is a great player, but Carragher's non-inclusion has become a bit of a joke.

I know people will say I'm biased, but I'm sure managers from other

countries, particularly those who've played against Liverpool in the Champions League, must be as astonished as I am.

Players like King and Rio Ferdinand seem to be rated higher because they're a bit flash on the ball and like to bring it out of defence.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer defenders who defend first and foremost, and there are none better in England at that than Carragher.

If there was one defender in Europe, never mind England, who you could rely would throw himself in front of the ball to stop a goal, it would be him.

He's far too good to be an understudy, and given the selection on Saturday it seems he's not even that at the moment.

I'll bet he can't wait to get these internationals out of the way so he can get back to playing for his club again, where he knows his talents are appreciated.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:05 pm

Why all the doom.......says phil here in his FOWLER top:D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:58 pm

red37 wrote:i appreciate the sentiments of ian rush here fully. but for me the fact that 'here' is the place where JC is revered the most only goes to aid our cause at the moment. the last thing we need is Carragher getting injured as well. but he does have a real point where the england set-up is concerned. players like King, Ferdinand, Neville and Terry seem to be the be all and end all for most of the previous regime as well as this. it is a travesty. but one that can only play to our advantage.

Leaving Carra on the bench is just a joke Oct 10 2006

By Ian Rush, Liverpool Echo

IF LEDLEY King and Jamie Carragher were made available for transfer tomorrow, how many top class managers would buy the Spurs man ahead of the Liverpool defender?

The idea there are three better English centre-halves than Carragher is laughable.

No disrespect to King, who is a great player, but Carragher's non-inclusion has become a bit of a joke.

I know people will say I'm biased, but I'm sure managers from other

countries, particularly those who've played against Liverpool in the Champions League, must be as astonished as I am.

Players like King and Rio Ferdinand seem to be rated higher because they're a bit flash on the ball and like to bring it out of defence.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer defenders who defend first and foremost, and there are none better in England at that than Carragher.

If there was one defender in Europe, never mind England, who you could rely would throw himself in front of the ball to stop a goal, it would be him.

He's far too good to be an understudy, and given the selection on Saturday it seems he's not even that at the moment.

I'll bet he can't wait to get these internationals out of the way so he can get back to playing for his club again, where he knows his talents are appreciated.

Got to say Rush is bang on with that assessment.

Steve McClaren - F*cking thick c*nt.  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bng89 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:36 am

'Steve McClaren - F*cking thick c*nt.  :no '

He is :censored:
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:16 am

FWIW, Reina will play in the starting eleven against Argentina tonight.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:50 pm

Sabre wrote:FWIW, Reina will play in the starting eleven against Argentina tonight.

look after him, you lot.  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby gary106 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:18 pm

hypia scored for the finns :D
gary106

Postby CardinalRed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:56 pm

Carra got played on the left tonight and Crouchy got dragged off, all due to the misguided decision to play a 3-5-2.... There ain't another International till February now, what price Crouchy doesn't get picked for that one? Rooney's gone 14 games without a goal for England and they stick with him, Crouchy's drawn a blank in 2 matches and watch him struggle to get his place back now...

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:16 pm

i hope crouchy does get picked again, he deserves more credit than he gets. but im not ashamed to admit i nearly fell off my chair laughing towards the end..it could not of happened to a nicer fella.  robinson couldnt have done much more than he did. but oh gary....   :rasp

in all seriousness, a pointless exercise really.

great goal for bellamy though, he ran his socks off for 80 minutes and understandably tired at the end. that should lift his spirits.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:18 pm

Spain 2 - 1 Argentina

Important stuff:

a) No injuries in our players

b) Alonso had 45 mins and bossed the midfield. Playing with Albelda against Sweden was a joke. Once Barça's Xavi realises who's the real boss and doesn't disturb Xabi, Spain's midfield will be even better.

c) LG 15 minutes between lines, quite lively

d) Reina couldn't do much in his goal, he was secure in the aerial balls, and showed his excellent ball kicking. Good game. If he had a bad game, Marca would be yelling so to defend the Madrid keeper.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:23 pm

great news sabre for no injuries and for what must be a timely morale boost for spain...did argentina field a strong line-up?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion