Potential january transfer activity - Who should we get in jan!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:25 pm

parchpea wrote:End of the day we need better footballers and people that can impact and turn a game. To this point our summer business has not bared fruit with neither Carroll, Henderson or Downing doing enough to improve our fortunes. The club will have to decide if it wishes to keep plugging away with theses boys and keep the faith, or invest again to give them a kick up the backside and perhaps get them playing. I cannot see us letting the window go by without a couple coming in because that would be waving goodbye to 4th in my opinion. This team has to improve and quick or our target (4th) will not be achieved.

Suarez is the most wasteful of them all
Just a thought like
Thommo's perm

Postby sully0182 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:31 pm

aquilani, torres and benayoun...not
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby dundreamin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:01 am

THOMMOS PERM are you on drugs? Suarez wasteful WTF? without him this season, we would be about 15th FFS
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dundreamin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:09 am

Right get rid of Carroll, let's be honest, he,s never going to cut it. Take them rose tinted glasses off. Get either or both if possible, Abonlihor and bent in Jan. Carnt do any worse?
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:14 am

dundreamin wrote:Right get rid of Carroll, let's be honest, he,s never going to cut it. Take them rose tinted glasses off. Get either or both if possible, Abonlihor and bent in Jan. Carnt do any worse?

i think your on drugs mate  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:23 am

just watched motd and have to say van persie is some act.he's right up there with the best.
he's exactly the type of player we need in our attack.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:28 am

red till i die!! wrote:just watched motd and have to say van persie is some act.he's right up there with the best.

he'll be off in the summer I reacon to Barca or Real. His contract is running down and he's stalling in the usual manner footballers do
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:47 am

7_Kewell wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:just watched motd and have to say van persie is some act.he's right up there with the best.

he'll be off in the summer I reacon to Barca or Real. His contract is running down and he's stalling in the usual manner footballers do

agree.
wouldnt mind if we at least tried to land him.
a player of that mould though would fit right in here.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:48 am

dundreamin wrote:Right get rid of Carroll, let's be honest, he,s never going to cut it. Take them rose tinted glasses off. Get either or both if possible, Abonlihor and bent in Jan. Carnt do any worse?

:censored: me sideways !!!!!

Agbonlahor and bent? ????

I didnt know we were aiming for mid table obsurity
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:57 am

i'd take darren bent but he wouldn't be cheap. his all round game may not be the best but he certainly knows where the goal is.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:33 am

Was only a few months ago you were telling everyone here to calm down, Kenny was going to get the best out of him.

IMO if we sold him now we would make a massive loss and let's face it we would probably struggle to getmore than 13-15Mil. We are better off keeping him as backup and getting in another striker. We are lacking in depth anyway so keep him and get someone else to partner Suarez.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:41 am

Thommo's perm wrote:
parchpea wrote:End of the day we need better footballers and people that can impact and turn a game. To this point our summer business has not bared fruit with neither Carroll, Henderson or Downing doing enough to improve our fortunes. The club will have to decide if it wishes to keep plugging away with theses boys and keep the faith, or invest again to give them a kick up the backside and perhaps get them playing. I cannot see us letting the window go by without a couple coming in because that would be waving goodbye to 4th in my opinion. This team has to improve and quick or our target (4th) will not be achieved.

Suarez is the most wasteful of them all
Just a thought like

And without doubt, yet, he's been the best of them all!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:44 am

If Suarez played in behind a natural finisher we'd be dynamite.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:30 am

dundreamin wrote:THOMMOS PERM are you on drugs? Suarez wasteful WTF? without him this season, we would be about 15th FFS

Did you not see the match?
Did you not see how many chances he had? I can think of at least three that he should have scored.
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Couple of the better outlets linking us with a Brazilian lad Fernando Reges from Porto as a replacement for Lucas.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion