Potential january transfer activity - Who should we get in jan!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby shanks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:26 am

Gaston Ramírez he as been mentioned plays with Suarez in the national squad worth a look
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:36 am

Given the fact we paid £35m for Carroll in last January window, albeit connected with FT moving to Chelsea I can't see them sanctioning any major moves especially given Carroll's lack of impact so far.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:54 am

i was watching the fulham game again, and i also watched the 5-2 from last season again. a player that really stood out for me was that dembele fella - he's a really good player with excellent technique and good finishing. worth a punt for a few million in my view.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:55 am

andy_g wrote:i was watching the fulham game again, and i also watched the 5-2 from last season again. a player that really stood out for me was that dembele fella - he's a really good player with excellent technique and good finishing. worth a punt for a few million in my view.

think he cost them 5mil so he would be around 10mil, he is a good player but has turned into a very good play maker more than a goal scorer.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:50 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:We don't need anyone in January. We need our current players to start performing Like we know they can.

We can't buy anyone when the current squad isn't being given game time like the likes of kuyt and maxi. I think we are all agreed the only thing missing from our game is goals well last years top scorer isn't being played often so what do we expect. Maxi who scored 2 in 2 against Chelsea isn't being played. We still hopefully will have Gerrard to come into the team who will add goals. Not everything is fixed by transfers

I agree
One of Rafas biggest failings and something that helped lead to his downfall was his buying for buyings sake. We dont want to start the revolving door approach again.
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Rush Job » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:37 pm

andy_g wrote:i was watching the fulham game again, and i also watched the 5-2 from last season again. a player that really stood out for me was that dembele fella - he's a really good player with excellent technique and good finishing. worth a punt for a few million in my view.

Aye, good player. Would cost 10 to 12m according to reports. Type of player we could do with.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:48 pm

in a pefect world id go all out to get hunterlaar.....poacher, but big and strong, has a decent goal record anywhere hes gone

no1 in engand has took a chance on him, i defo would.

if not him, get michael owen back for a season!!
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:02 pm

been saying this for ages, we should sign Shinji Kagawa.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:00 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:been saying this for ages, we should sign Shinji Kagawa.

I've been saying the exact same thing.  Just brought it up the other day i some other thread.. 22 years old and he's one of B Dortmund's best players.  And he'd get us into the Asian market like we've been trying.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:06 pm

ethanr wrote:

I've been saying the exact same thing.  Just brought it up the other day i some other thread.. 22 years old and he's one of B Dortmund's best players.  And he'd get us into the Asian market like we've been trying.

He's a good player but we don't really need him. At the moment we only need goals so if we do sign someone it should be a striker.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:11 pm

damjan193 wrote:
ethanr wrote:

He's a good player but we don't really need him. At the moment we only need goals so if we do sign someone it should be a striker.

He's got 3 goals and 3 assists this season.

Last season he had 7 goals in 5 games in the J league before moving to Dortmund, where he scored 8 goals in 18 games in the Bundesliga, and 2 goals in 6 games in the Europa league.

That's pretty damn good for a midfielder.
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:19 pm

ethanr wrote:
damjan193 wrote:
ethanr wrote:

He's got 3 goals and 3 assists this season.

Last season he had 7 goals in 5 games in the J league before moving to Dortmund, where he scored 8 goals in 18 games in the Bundesliga, and 2 goals in 6 games in the Europa league.

That's pretty damn good for a midfielder.

And Suarez had how many in Ajax? And here we say he's not clinical enough and that we need to partner him with another striker if we want the goals to come. Don't get me wrong mate, both players are awsome, but we need a Fowler like or an Owen like player if we want goals.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Apples and oranges mate.  I don't disagree, but we also need a midfielder who can score goals like Kuyt has in the past or Maxi did at the end of last year.

Every good team has midfielders who can score goals and right now we have none.  We need our Nani, Silva, Nasri, Ramires, Bale, etc.
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:18 pm

I just don't think we need someone like him at the moment, we don't even have where to fit him. Mario Gotze on the other hand, also a Dortmund player, could be the kind of player that we want. He's the Nasri, Silva, Nani that you're talking about. Not at this transfer window but in the summer I'm definitely for signing someone like him. For now, if we must go for someone it should be a striker who can put the damn ball in the back of the net.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:21 pm

End of the day we need better footballers and people that can impact and turn a game. To this point our summer business has not bared fruit with neither Carroll, Henderson or Downing doing enough to improve our fortunes. The club will have to decide if it wishes to keep plugging away with theses boys and keep the faith, or invest again to give them a kick up the backside and perhaps get them playing. I cannot see us letting the window go by without a couple coming in because that would be waving goodbye to 4th in my opinion. This team has to improve and quick or our target (4th) will not be achieved.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion