Potential january transfer activity - Who should we get in jan!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:06 pm

maguskwt wrote:Lukas Podolski

He is really in form at the moment, but stmichael has a point, he is at his best only when he plays for the German national team. He would have stayed in Bayern Munich if he could perform like he does in international games.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:20 pm

No doubt in my mind that we'll be looking for another CM with Lucas going down to such a bad injury and with Stevie's lack of fitness.  We need at least 1 good reliable CM.
Zidane

Postby mart » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:04 pm

stmichael wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Lukas Podolski

amazing how him and klose have always done a million times better for germany than they ever have at club level. is podolski's contract up in the summer?

Podolski is banging in goals for one of the clubs in the bottom half of the german league.

I dont think we should go for anyone in january as its a terrible time to buy players. We should wait until summer when we have more options for a better price.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:52 pm

saw a report today linking us with junior hoilett from blackburn. i like the player and he'd be ideal for the right hand side.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:14 pm

stmichael wrote:saw a report today linking us with junior hoilett from blackburn. i like the player and he'd be ideal for the right hand side.

Nice little player who would be an ideal impact sub.  I'm not knocking him at all in saying that I think that's what his role could be, It's just IMO that would be the best role for him.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:17 pm

If he didnt play for Newcastle, Cabaye would have been a good player to look at.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:44 pm

I still think we need a cb because Carra is soon to be done and makes too many mistakes when he does play, and we don't really have a solid backup for Skrtel or Agger.  I'd normally say wait until the summer, but because Gary Cahill's contract is up in the summer Bolton won't be able to ask too much for him because they have no leverage (Like Blackpool did with Adam, waiting til the summer and getting the price we offered in January).  I imagine a couple clubs may be in for him, but there's no reason we can't get him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:51 pm

ethanr wrote:I still think we need a cb because Carra is soon to be done and makes too many mistakes when he does play, and we don't really have a solid backup for Skrtel or Agger.  I'd normally say wait until the summer, but because Gary Cahill's contract is up in the summer Bolton won't be able to ask too much for him because they have no leverage (Like Blackpool did with Adam, waiting til the summer and getting the price we offered in January).  I imagine a couple clubs may be in for him, but there's no reason we can't get him.

Come on mate, Carra ain't that bad, he's still good enough for the bench for this and even next season. We also have Coates and even Kelly is actually a CB. We're good in defense for now. If we do buy players this transfer window (which I doubt) it will probably be a striker and/or a midfield.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:43 pm

This Dembele from Fulham has looked handy bits Ive seen of him so see how he does tonight, hopedully not very  :D
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Calum » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Persuade Chelsea to take Carroll off our hands and take the out of favour Torres back in a swap deal. I would be very happy with that transfer.
Calum

Postby only me » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:23 pm

Here is a new one ,sign a new doctor and fix Gerrard !!!!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:28 pm

andy carroll has time from now till the end of the january window to prove that he's the (at the very least) 10+ goalscorer that everybody is expectiing him to be. if not, then we really need to get someone who fits in with our system and someone who preferably is an able finisher.

i dont think we really need a poacher in the classic sense, (that'd be nice tho) but i'd be happy to see anyone come here in january who knows how to properly kick a ball into the damned net. unfinished chances have been the difference between 1 and 3 points too many times this season.

there are only two games i can think of this season where we were comprehensively beaten or at least deserved a draw, and that was spuds and stoke.

all those other games should have gone our way.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 pm

We should buy

- 50 horseshoe's
- 50 four leaf clovers
- a leprechaun

i think we would have a cracking season
Kopite-Jud

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:32 am

Kopite-Jud wrote:We should buy

- 50 horseshoe's
- 50 four leaf clovers
- a leprechaun

i think we would have a cracking season

id rather see us put that money towards another striker mate cos i cant see any of them three being a success!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:59 am

I'd like a puppy. :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion