POST-MATCH DISCUSSION THREAD - LIVERPOOL 2 - FULHAM 0 (11/10/07)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:03 pm

ramseylegend wrote:glad we got the 3 points.  was looking dodgy towards the end. Bring on the toon. 

ALSO, i'm new to this group, why wont it let me start topic groups

I have highlighted the reason you cant start threads.

This forum has a bullsh.itinhibitor feature which prevents people who clearly know little about football from starting threads.

If you keep posting and think really really hard before you do, maybe you will post some good stuff and then hte inhibitor will not pick you up.

I think approx 99 posts of a higher standard should suffice.

Good Luck.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:00 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
ramseylegend wrote:glad we got the 3 points.  was looking dodgy towards the end. Bring on the toon. 

This forum has a bullsh.itinhibitor feature which prevents people who clearly know little about football from starting threads.

If you keep posting and think really really hard before you do, maybe you will post some good stuff and then hte inhibitor will not pick you up.

Good Luck.

Ignore Leon, you can get round the inhibitor by reading every thread from start to finish, but make sure you start at the very beginning.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:37 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

Good Luck.

classic  :D   :buttrock
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:53 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Good Luck.

Ignore Leon, you can get round the inhibitor by reading every thread from start to finish, but make sure you start at the very beginning.

It obviously works as you and peewee have got past the inhibitor this way.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:13 pm

Dont know if anyone has mentioned yet but I thought Sami Hyypia was outstanding. Made alot of strong tackles and dominated the player he was marking.

Thought Voronin had a decent game. Also Gerrard was in and out of the game, still to see his best yet. Torres showed why he is a class above many strikers. Scored a fantastic goal and changed the game when he came on.

Overall enjoyed my weekend in Liverpool, was in my best seat yet of all the times I have been going, in Row 10 of the Anfield Road end.

Great Weekend

2 pics of a few I got:

City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:07 pm

Every time I see 'Nando's goal and Pepe's madcap dash to join in the celebrations it creases me up!! :laugh:

Can you imagine if Pepe scored direct from one of his clearances,he'd probably throw himself into the Kop!! :D
Gracias King Rafa

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:20 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

Good Luck.

:D  :laugh: p!ssing myself here.

Don't let it put you off though Ramsey, keep posting mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:08 pm

Aaron wrote:Dont know if anyone has mentioned yet but I thought Sami Hyypia was outstanding. Made alot of strong tackles and dominated the player he was marking.

It's a good shout mate, Sami only really gets a mention on here when he has a bad game.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:22 pm

I posted this in the other thread before it got locked . According to this lad we have to sing louder well i know ive got a soar throat still from saturday :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Thingy @ Nov. 10 2007,17:45)
Pavarotti could sing louder than the crowd do. And hes dead.

Quote (NannyRed)
You must of had your sound turned down on your telly then lad because we were belting them out.
We would have won the :censored:  X Factor we were that good

Supprising what 8 goals does to you the ald fella next to me said we were gonna get 4 before the game started   

Best laugh was he got off before we scored to go for a pint  absolute Quality
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:36 pm

Sami was outstanding your right, although i think the whole team played fantastically well.  Out of the 1st 11 and substitutes the only player i would say had a poor game was Riisem and i dont think he has had a great game in a while.  I think Arbeloa and Aurelio are playing fantastically at full back and can see them becoming our 1st choice pairing in that position.  Our defence looks pretty sound at the moment, and just think we still have Agger to come back.  Good to see Reina get an assist, he also had a fantastic game on Saturday, although he wasnt called on much, when he is he is solid.
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:51 pm

Ive just been reading the tonight echo some of the quotes by Rafa and Sanchez made me laugh   

Unchanged line-up was a risk - Rafa Benitez Nov 12 2007

by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ is set to carry on rotating at Anfield, after naming only the second unchanged line-up of his three-year Liverpool reign on Saturday.

The Reds boss sent out the same team which had beaten Besiktas 8-0 in midweek, but admitted afterwards the decision had been a risk as his side toiled to break down Fulham until the 70th minute introduction of Fernando Torres.

“After the game the other day when we played so well, and we had three days to prepare, I thought that was enough time to recover,” said Benitez.

“But really two or three players today were really tired. In the end we won but it was a little bit of a risk because you could see that two or three players weren’t really that fresh.

“But if we score another eight goals I will name an unchanged team, no problem!”

The introduction of Torres proved a turning point and Benitez added: “It’s good to have problems like having to decide whether to bring Fernando back or not.

“It’s a problem but a good problem and to see Fernando come back and score an important goal was really good for us.

“The other strikers also do a fantastic job. Today it was Fernando, but Voronin also had two or three chances and we must give credit to their goalkeeper.

“I had confidence because we were creating chances, but we had some problems because we were attacking and attacking and leaving spaces in the middle, and they were regaining the second ball and counter-attacking.

“We needed to score then try to stay compact afterwards.

“We hit the crossbar in the first half but they were really compact and it was difficult to get beyond them.

“We had to be patient.”

Benitez admitted afterwards he had offered no particular words of praise to Torres following his 80th minute wonder strike.

“Normally you say well done to all of them, and he is one of them. It is his job to score goals.

“The idea was to keep Fernando on the bench unless we needed something.”

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez, however, bemoaned the presence of Torres on the pitch at all.

"It wasn't working for them. That is why they brought on three substitutes. One at £25m, one at £11m and one at £5m. I think there should be a cap on the price of players you can bring on, maybe no more than £20m of players,” he declared.

"I felt we were heading for a point, and so, I think, did 43,000 other people.

"But Liverpool brought a bit of talent off the bench and it changed the game. I actually felt that Torres mis-hit his final shot, and that is what confused Hughes and Niemi. It was a soft goal in the end to concede.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 pm

Sanchez is a :censored:!! I have no doubt that if he was managing a club the calibre of Liverpool he wouldnt be saying anything about the cap.

Also I was always sure we were going to win. Although for 80mins they were resistant, I was always confident we would break them down.

What if we had brought on a player who cost £600,000 and he scored the winner, what would he say? Sanchez is an idiot!!
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:41 pm

I think there should be a cap on the price of players you can bring on, maybe no more than £20m of players

His next suggestion was that players called "Torres" should be banned from the Premiership.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:29 am

“But if we score another eight goals I will name an unchanged team, no problem!”

Another gem from Rafa!! :D
Gracias King Rafa

Postby mungi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:03 am

lol definitely
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion