LIVERPOOL VS FULHAM (10/11/07) 5.15pm - Post match DOOM and GLOOM in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:40 am

NANNY RED wrote:Im crying hear listening to the Rafa interview after match of the day

"Fernando knows what hes doing hes a mate"

Did anyone elsr see it  QUALITY

I know i couldn't quite believe it ethier,Rafa has been with us nearly 4 years now and his english is still poor,(nearly as poor as mine ha)
roberto green

Postby bigmick » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:45 am

roberto green wrote:Were just starting to look good again whats the bet that the international games will again fu*k us up.

The break isn't coming at the right time for us that's for sure as we're just starting to get things back on track a little bit. All that said, some of the other teams have players which play International matches as well   :;): so there's no point in getting too much of a complex about it.

Given the players won't be seeing each other for a while, there'll be no chance to work on patterns of play and new set-piece moves, we could of course try sticking with pretty much the same team for the next game, you never know it might work.

Torres may feel that he did enough to force his way into the starting eleven, and he may have a point. Similarly Babel is very much on the upward curve right now. I'd have no problem with either's inclusion, although in the case of Torres it would mean replacing Crouch (which would be harsh) or the much maligned (by me) Voronin, who I thought had his best game in a Liverpool shirt today.

Anyways you get my drift. No surprises from me, I think we should stick with pretty much the same team as we've had the last couple of matches. You never know, if we did and went to St James's and won (which I would have thought we are almost certainly going to need to do if we are serious about winning the Prem) then the players might start to look around them and think "I like it when he plays this team, we always seem to play well". It's called confidence for short.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:59 am

roberto green wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Im crying hear listening to the Rafa interview after match of the day

"Fernando knows what hes doing hes a mate"

Did anyone elsr see it  QUALITY

I know i couldn't quite believe it ethier,Rafa has been with us nearly 4 years now and his english is still poor,(nearly as poor as mine ha)

Does anyone know where i can find the link for the Rafa interview on match of the day ive got to watch it again to see what hes goin on about
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:00 am

Goal of the season so far from Torres today. Pure Gold, he had absolutely NO business scoring that goal. The touch with his chest to bring down a Reina clearance that had snow on it was amazing, the sell move to cut inside inside and a deft left foot finish that surprised everyone in the ground. It was Fowleresque and there's no greater compliment you can pay than that. What fu...c...ki...n player   :bowdown
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:05 am

I dont think we can blame international matches anymore for poor performances afterwards. The other top teams seem to be ok so why do we suffer as bad? Rafa stuck with the same team against fulham and I think he did that to prove a point. Subs got us the result and not the team that thrashed besiktas. I think he has a base now on what is the spine of the team and the players who can be replaced, Aurelio and Arbeloa I believe are very much in his mind and although Voronin played well I think his first team involves Kuyt and Torres up front. Who is up for the same eleven again for the next match?
Last edited by Kharhaz on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:14 am

to be fair voronin, crouch and torres all showed today why kuyt should never be allowed to pull on a red shirt again, he is ineffective and he is not needed.

voronin the last 2 games has played very well
112-1077774096

Postby Yessicajax » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:20 am

So why isnt kuyt playing anymore (i can understand :D but ok) isnt he one of the favourits of the supporters? ???
I think this is good for the team:D
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:22 am

Yessicajax wrote:So why isnt kuyt playing anymore (i can understand :D but ok) isnt he one of the favourits of the supporters? ???
I think this is good for the team:D

Im thinking Willhemsson anyone else?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crillylfc » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:24 am

lads,nt 2 much on the point....but babel is just top quality!besiktas away,our best playe by miles,he came on tday,top notch display nd hes had so many of them so far!when he gets the ball he ALWAYS wants to make things happen!WATA MAN!
crillylfc

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:29 am

yes babel is finally starting to show his worth, he made a few great runs today
112-1077774096

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:43 am

i really dont have a problem with torres not starting the last two games

you saw what happend when rafa brought torres and alonso back too soon last time

i would prefer him to gently ease them back in
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:52 am

Kindly move the discussion over to the post-match thread now.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion