LIVERPOOL VS FULHAM (10/11/07) 5.15pm - Post match DOOM and GLOOM in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:49 pm

s@int wrote:Are we not going to have a Rafa out Torres should have started thread then?

well if torres started he might not have scored... he still needs some match fitness...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:51 pm

I thought it was a pretty good performance considering the midweek exploits in the Champions league. Although we won that one very easily as it turned out, we would have used up a fair bit of nervous energy in the build up to kick off there.

One or two were below par by a tad, most notably the central midfield pairing but we fully deserved the win. Fantastic piece of skill and finish from Torres obviously, he really is a wonderful footballer if we can keep him fit. Babel was good also when he came on, while Lucas looks like a very interesting little player indeed to me.

No doubt at some point we will have to sit down and seriously look at the Masherano situation. If as has been reported the fee really is 17 million squid, then such is the impact which the young Brazilian is making, we might consider there are better ways to blow such a large segment of our budget. It's probably one for it's own thread, but somethings going to have to give in central midfield that's for sure.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:53 pm

redmikey wrote:but it seemed for a long time like last season, alot od chances but no end product

I don't have complaints like this...

we played well... we didnt' give up and we won by 2-0... where as in our previous form we would've run out of steam and drew... these are the kinds of games the mancs, the arsenals and the chelseas often dish out...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:54 pm

I think Mascher is a great player and I would be upset if we didn't sign him, but if we need the money for a creative second striker I would pick the striker any day of the week.
account deleted by request

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:56 pm

s@int wrote:Are we not going to have a Rafa out Torres should have started thread then?

No but i think we need a Rafa out because we didn't score 8 thread! :D

TORRES!!! :bowdown
Gracias King Rafa

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:57 pm

bigmick wrote:No doubt at some point we will have to sit down and seriously look at the Masherano situation. If as has been reported the fee really is 17 million squid, then such is the impact which the young Brazilian is making, we might consider there are better ways to blow such a large segment of our budget. It's probably one for it's own thread, but somethings going to have to give in central midfield that's for sure.

interesting comment...

I think Lucas is a very promising prospect... he seems like a cross between alonso and gerrard... very all-rounded and his passes and his movement look class...

I also think that arbeloa and aurelio can completely replace our old regulars like riise and finnan in the near future... they are also looking veyr promising...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:01 pm

Even if it had ended 0-0 it was still a far better performance than we've seen for a good while. Fulham's away form is decent and today was never going to be easy.

I never thought I'd say it but Crouch and Torres seemed at ease with each other on the pitch and there was no conflict of interest. Good to see.

Let's hope there's not too many changes from now on and the returning injured players are given time to heal.

Happy tonight !!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:01 pm

s@int wrote:I think Mascher is a great player and I would be upset if we didn't sign him, but if we need the money for a creative second striker I would pick the striker any day of the week.

Yeah you can see where 'm coming from on this one Saint and the emergence of Lucas may well pose the question at the end of the season. The Xabi Alonso supporters club couldn't quite get their heads around the whole concept when we said the same thing last season, but maybe it'll be worth a consideration.

When you've got Gerrard, Alonso and Masherano who are all absolutely top-class central midfielders, Lucas who looks to me like he could become one, Sissoko who some of the top clubs in Europe are sniffing around all competing for two spots, you'd be forgiven for thinking there might be a bit of room to move there. Particularly when you consider that we only have three centre-halves (one who by common consent is in the twilight of his career), and one genuinely top-class striker. That's of course before you even get started on the wide players.

Masherano is absolutely top drawer, no argument there but if seventeem million squid is 2/3 of our budget or whatever, then it's certainly worth thinking about before we splash the cash.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:04 pm

I don't see how even at 0-0 anyone can criticize tonights performance. From the start we NEVER looked like losing this one. Totally dominant , played some excellent football , only the final ball/finish was missing. With a bit of luck we could've have been 2-0 up before Torres and Babel came on.

Great performance . Good to see us looking so positive.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:12 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I don't see how even at 0-0 anyone can criticize tonights performance. From the start we NEVER looked like losing this one. Totally dominant , played some excellent football , only the final ball/finish was missing. With a bit of luck we could've have been 2-0 up before Torres and Babel came on.

right on!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:21 pm

bigmick wrote:
s@int wrote:I think Mascher is a great player and I would be upset if we didn't sign him, but if we need the money for a creative second striker I would pick the striker any day of the week.

Yeah you can see where 'm coming from on this one Saint and the emergence of Lucas may well pose the question at the end of the season. The Xabi Alonso supporters club couldn't quite get their heads around the whole concept when we said the same thing last season, but maybe it'll be worth a consideration.

When you've got Gerrard, Alonso and Masherano who are all absolutely top-class central midfielders, Lucas who looks to me like he could become one, Sissoko who some of the top clubs in Europe are sniffing around all competing for two spots, you'd be forgiven for thinking there might be a bit of room to move there. Particularly when you consider that we only have three centre-halves (one who by common consent is in the twilight of his career), and one genuinely top-class striker. That's of course before you even get started on the wide players.

Masherano is absolutely top drawer, no argument there but if seventeem million squid is 2/3 of our budget or whatever, then it's certainly worth thinking about before we splash the cash.

17 mill well spent imho mick

the lad is head and shoulders above hargreaves,barton(who people on here were saying),parker etc etc, to do the role of destroyer

for me momo gone at a profit would be good business

lucas was meant to be in the reserves this year but has shown to much class to be held back, which is great for us

i do agree that we need a center back, right winger (not pennant for me) and a young striker, but watchin santa sports we have a young german who is banging the goals in, he ight be able to be a sub option later in the season to put kyte under pressure abit
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:46 pm

we must keep mascherano, now then, back to topic.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:20 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I don't see how even at 0-0 anyone can criticize tonights performance. From the start we NEVER looked like losing this one. Totally dominant , played some excellent football , only the final ball/finish was missing. With a bit of luck we could've have been 2-0 up before Torres and Babel came on.

Coulnt have said it better myself

Thought Sammi was flawless today should have gotten man of the match played the ball well and took his time instead of rushing it

Good movement off the ball today, we showed we wanted the ball alot more, in the past we have been to static.

They coulnt handle Babbel when he came on stayed on the flanks instead of cutting inside which we had been doing.

Kop gave a good rendition today of Scouser Tommy :bowdown

The ball control from Torres absolutly unbelievable. And finish spot on.

Actualy thinkin about it the man of the match should go to Rafa ( controversial) he made the changes

Anyway im made up tonight :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:41 pm

ive sed it before ill say it again...mascherano is my favourite player =]
got him on both my shirts, he is like my idol lol.

i rate him tons!
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:42 pm

yes well said, lets hope Rafa keeps it up.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion