Morientas still on - Well rafa prefers spanish...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:45 pm

Paul C wrote:It's like saying why is Forsell out on loan and he couldn't get into Chelsea's side  :;):

Becos forsell is not as good as  crespo, Gudjohnsen, Drogba & Kezman ???

Morientas is good. But my worry is that if we hype like we did cisse, we would most likely be disappointed.

Some ppl were also hyping nunez (saying he is our answer to out right wing problems), even before seeing him play. Guess what are they saying about him now.

We should take it slow.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:48 pm

Another site. Whoooooo. After more than a year, finally my 1000th post.

http://liverpool.rivals.net/default....8368402

Liverpool bid 3.5m For Morientes

Liverpool are believed to have made a £3.5m bid for out of favor Real striker Fernando Morientes. Its expected that a 5 million compromise deal can be reached.

With Cisse out for the season Rafa Benitez is looking to bolster his attacking options and has made no secret of his admiration for the Spanish international.

Morientes had considerable success in the Champions League at Monaco last season but has slipped down the pecking order following the arrival of Michael Owen.

"To play for Liverpool would please any player and in Rafa Benitez they have a technical coach who I have always appreciated." Morientes said.

"But there are a lot of things to sort out. I haven't spoken directly with Benitez but I know Liverpool want me."

Long time admirer Benitez is expected to get his man for a fee closer to 5 million than the tabled 3.5 million however Morientes would be ineligible to play in the Champions league.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:51 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Paul C wrote:It's like saying why is Forsell out on loan and he couldn't get into Chelsea's side  :;):

Becos forsell is not as good as  crespo, Gudjohnsen, Drogba & Kezman ???

He's better than Crespo and Kezman!  :glare:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:56 pm

Kezman & Crespo were awsome in the italian & dutch league respectively. When they came over here, they found the pace tuff. Crespo did a little better than what Kezman is doing now.

Guess Morientas would go through the same thing here too.

But i really hope i am wrong if we do sign him.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:59 pm

The_Cock wrote:Kezman & Crespo were awsome in the italian & dutch league respectively. When they came over here, they found the pace tuff. Crespo did a little better than what Kezman is doing now.

Guess Morientas would go through the same thing here too.

But i really hope i am wrong if we do sign him.

Have you changed your name?  :D
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:01 pm

Paul sissy wrote:Have you changed your name? 

Not that i am aware of. Have you ?  :p
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:03 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Paul sissy wrote:Have you changed your name? 

Not that i am aware of. Have you ?  :p

Yup  :D  :p  :oh:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:31 pm

Morientas will be a good signing for us, hes top class and just what we need to see at the club, buying top class players,,not average players, im very happy, but i wont be totally happy tili it says he has signed completely, its better than signing anelka or fowler, both are has beens and i for one dont wnat to see any of them here
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:38 pm

mrcool2003 wrote:Morientas will be a good signing for us, hes top class and just what we need to see at the club, buying top class players,,not average players, im very happy, but i wont be totally happy tili it says he has signed completely, its better than signing anelka or fowler, both are has beens and i for one dont wnat to see any of them here

You can't say Anelka is a has been at the age of 26  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:51 pm

3.5m for morientes :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:07 pm

well hes a has been cause if u look after he left arsenal, hes been utter ****** to be honest, real madrid one of the biggest clubs in the world, he flops, im unsure about him, i wouldn't like to say no way, but surely we can do better than him
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:40 pm

Madrid want at least 5 Million for Morientes - SNATCH THEIR HANDS OFF - that would be a Real (no pun intended) bargain!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:58 pm

well hes a has been cause if u look after he left arsenal, hes been utter ****** to be honest, real madrid one of the biggest clubs in the world, he flops, im unsure about him, i wouldn't like to say no way, but surely we can do better than him

Does it look like we have a hell of a lot of cash right now? Furthermore most class strikers are too expencive and already cup-tied. So we narrow it down to Morientes and Anelka.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:59 pm

mrcool2003 wrote:Morientas will be a good signing for us, hes top class and just what we need to see at the club, buying top class players,,not average players, im very happy, but i wont be totally happy tili it says he has signed completely, its better than signing anelka or fowler, both are has beens and i for one dont wnat to see any of them here

The problem is that Morientes is cup-tied but Rafa must already know that, otherwise he wouldn't want him. So it does look like we are going to get Morientes more than Anelka, but who knows.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:17 pm

apparently the 3.5m offer for morientes has been turned down - no surprises there, apart from the fact we went in with such a low offer. morientes has been quoted as saying he'd be proud to play for liverpool, so i reckon its just a matter of time. maybe the 5m offer thats surely coming will finally bring him to anfield.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion