Morientas still on - Well rafa prefers spanish...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jymbojetset » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:47 am

Just came accross this on LFC TV - no smoke without fire??

Fernando Morientes has pleaded with Real Madrid to let him leave the Bernabeu to play for Liverpool. 
The Spanish striker is Rafa Benitez's top transfer target for the January transfer window as he seeks reinforcements in attack following Djibril Ciise's serious leg injury.

Madrid have so far given little indication that they are prepared to sell the 28 year old, but Morientes insists he wants to leave and he wants to play for Benitez at Anfield.

He said: "Madrid know my situation and they know they must do something about me. They must sort out the situation by being sensible.

"I am in a position where I want to play, and I will have to look elsewhere to do that. If Madrid do not want me then it's in the best interests of everyone that they are realistic.

"I haven't spoken to Rafa Benitez but I have always appreciated his work and I would like to play for him.

"There are things that must be sorted out now, and I hope they can do it. I am a Madrid player and my circumstances are difficult because I must wait for them to decide. But I would like it to be resolved with maturity.

"I like Liverpool and I am pleased that a club of their stature want to buy me. I have told Madrid that I want it to happen
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:16 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote: ??? Dont forget Alonso Paul :;):

Yup  :cool:

Oh an the might Biscan when he comes back from the treatment room.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:02 pm

regarding the LFC tv article that jymbojetset just posted...

this is the kind of journalism that really pi$$es me off and fuels the flames of all sorts of rumour, hype and misinformation just because there's nothing really yet to write about. to paraphrase the article:

"morientes has PLEADED with madrid to let him leave and play for liverpool"

and later the players actual(?) words...

" i am pleased that a club of their stature are interested. i've told madrid i want it to happen"

is that pleading?

when people write about players 'pleading' to play somewhere it just adds confusion to the issue. i'll bet £1000 morientes hasn't pleaded anything. lazy, misrepresentative journalism which we've already seen far too much of with the gerrard saga.

i am now getting off my soap-box having got it off my chest.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:20 pm

Monaco are ready to battle Liverpool for Fernando Morientes's signature, and Rangers are watching the situation closely.

The Real Madrid striker has already been the subject of a bid from Liverpool and is reportedly keen to tie up a move to Merseyside.

However, Monaco are determined to make a dramatic push to lure the Spaniard back to the stage where he shone during a successful loan spell last season.

Despite previous denials, chairman Michel Pastor is hopeful he can convince the 28-year-old that the option of a move to the Principality is more attractive than a switch to Anfield.

The financial aspect of the deal is a major stumbling block for Monaco but they are prepared to offer around €7 million for their top target.

It is also understood that Morientes is willing to lower his salary to facilitate a return to Stade Louis II.

For Didier Deschamps to be successful in his bid, a striker would have to be sacrificed to raise funds and Shabani Nonda is an obvious candidate.

Rangers, who should have cash to spend providing Jean-Alain Boumsong completes his proposed move to Newcastle United, can prove to be an ideal solution for the African, who is out of contract in the summer.

Nonda rejected a two-year extension with Monaco and his thigh injury problems have seemingly deterred the likes of Paris Saint Germain and Juventus from making a firm offer for his services.

However, Rangers are still keen to land the 27-year-old, who would be expected to score regularly in the SPL.

A meeting at Juan-les-Pins in the Cote d'Azur reportedly took place last Friday between Gers officials, Nonda and his agents.

Alex McLeish would love to partner Nonda with his former Monaco team-mate and great friend Dado Prso, who is thoroughly enjoying life in Glasgow, but he may be prepared to bide his time and wait until the summer.

This would obviously upset any plans Pastor and Deschamps have to raise funds to finance their bid for Morientes, but there will be plenty of twists to the transfer market dealings in January.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:55 pm

Morientes chooses Liverpool BBC website today 
Spain star Fernando Morientes has told Real Madrid he wants to join Liverpool.
Liverpool, seeking to replace Djibril Ciise after his broken leg, have confirmed Morientes is their number one target and have bid £3.5m.

Real are thought to want double that, although reports suggest they may also demand first refusal on Steven Gerrard.

Now the 28-year-old has said: "I like Liverpool and I am pleased that a club of their stature want to buy me. I have told Madrid that I want it to happen."

Morientes, who is also wanted by Monaco after a successful loan spell there last season, added: "Madrid know my situation and they know they must do something about me. They must sort out the situation by being sensible.

"I am in a position where I want to play, and I will have to look elsewhere to do that. If Madrid do not want me then it's in the best interests of everyone that they are realistic.

"I haven't spoken to Rafa Benitez but I have always appreciated his work and I would like to play for him.

"There are things that must be sorted out now, and I hope they can do it. I am a Madrid player and my circumstances are difficult because I must wait for them to decide. But I would like it to be resolved with maturity.

The player's agent Gines Carvajal added: "Morientes only wants to play and this is impossible in Real Madrid - there are several European clubs interested in him."

Liverpool boss Benitez, desperate to strengthen his attacking options, believes a compromise deal of £5m can be agreed.

"But there are a lot of things to sort out. I haven't spoken directly with Benitez but I know Liverpool want me."

Morientes was the top scorer in last season's Champions League while he was on loan at Monaco.

However, on his return to the Bernabeu he has found himself behind Raul, Ronaldo and Owen in the pecking order.

Morientes was thought to favour a permanent move to Monaco but he admits that now looks unlikely.

"I had a good time in Monaco last season but I have not heard anything from them lately," he said.

"My situation is difficult but Madrid know they must do something about me."
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:57 pm

Real really makes me sick (pun fully intended). They want the cake and wanna eat it too. Asking for gerrard as a 1st option ?

Hope juventus knocks them out.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:59 pm

would love to see him here in January, hopefully for around 5million?

I think himself and Baros would be an effective pair, with Morientes doing the physical work and having the aerial abbility with Baros playing off him and making runs, similar to Heskey/Owen although more effective for obvious reasons.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:04 pm

Hope this puts a stop to gerrard being a 1st option for real.

http://www.wldcup.com/news/2004Dec/20041221_27881_world_soccer.html

Liverpool rule Gerrard out of Morientes move

Liverpool have told Real Madrid to forget about using Fernando Morientes to lure Steven Gerrard to the Bernabeu next summer.

Liverpool made their first official move for Rafael Benitez's top transfer target on Monday when they lodged a 3.5 million pound bid with the Spanish giants.

Madrid are holding out for 7.5 million pounds but have hinted they will lower the price if an agreement can be reached over signing Gerrard next June.

Madrid president Florentino Perez is worried Chelsea or Arsenal might beat him in the race for the England midfielder if he becaomes available in the summer.

But Anfield officials have made it clear to Madrid that Gerrard will not feature in negotiations to bring Morientes to Merseyside in the January transfer window.

Benitez wants to add at least two players to his squad in January but has only 5 million pounds to spend.

The nine-time European Cup winners are in no hurry to sell a player with 18 months left on his contract.

But Morientes has pleaded with Madrid to let him go.

He was loaned out to Champions League finalists Monaco last season and had been expected to join Liverpool last summer when Michael Owen went to the Bernabeu but that move fell through when then coach Jose Antonio Camacho refused to let him go.

However, he is still behind Ronaldo, Raul and Owen in the pecking order.

"Madrid know they must do something about me. They must sort out the situation by being sensible," he said.

"I like Liverpool and I am pleased that a club of their stature wants me.

"I have made it clear to Madrid what my position is and they understand that they have to resolve the situation.

"I have been patient, but I have not played, and I need to be playing. If the chance comes in January I want to take it."
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:10 pm

Specifically cut & paste for houllier  :p. Anybody here know french ???

http://www.eurosport.com/home....1.shtml

Morientes quiere irse al Liverpool

El delantero del Real Madrid Fernando Morientes ha comunicado a su club que quiere irse al Liverpool, según ha informado la BBC. El club blanco pide unos 12 millones de euros y el Liverpool ofrece 5.

Londres, 21 de diciembre.- Fernando Morientes, que será baja contra el Sevilla por una contractura en el cuádriceps de la pierna izquierda, no oculta su intención de firmar por el club de Anfield Road. "Me gusta el Liverpool y estoy contento de que un club de esa talla se interese por mí. Por eso ya he comunicado al Madrid que quiero irme", afirma Morientes en declaraciones de las que se hace eco la cadena británica, sin precisar su origen.

El Liverpool ha confirmado por su parte que el madridista es su primera opción para sustituir al lesionado Yibril Cissé y está dispuesto a desembolsar 3,5 millones de libras (unos 5,2 millones de euros) por el delantero, aunque el Madrid habría pedido más dinero y una opción de compra sobre el centrocampista Steven Gerrard.

Morientes, que no disfruta apenas de minutos de juego con el Madrid, aseguró que todavía no ha hablado con el entrenador del club inglés, Rafa Benítez, sobre su traspaso.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:21 pm

The_Rock wrote:Specifically cut & paste for houllier  :p. Anybody here know french ???

http://www.eurosport.com/home....1.shtml

El delantero del Real Madrid Fernando Morientes ha comunicado a su club que quiere irse al Liverpool, según ha informado la BBC. El club blanco pide unos 12 millones de euros y el Liverpool ofrece 5.

Londres, 21 de diciembre.- Fernando Morientes, que será baja contra el Sevilla por una contractura en el cuádriceps de la pierna izquierda, no oculta su intención de firmar por el club de Anfield Road. "Me gusta el Liverpool y estoy contento de que un club de esa talla se interese por mí. Por eso ya he comunicado al Madrid que quiero irme", afirma Morientes en declaraciones de las que se hace eco la cadena británica, sin precisar su origen.

El Liverpool ha confirmado por su parte que el madridista es su primera opción para sustituir al lesionado Yibril Cissé y está dispuesto a desembolsar 3,5 millones de libras (unos 5,2 millones de euros) por el delantero, aunque el Madrid habría pedido más dinero y una opción de compra sobre el centrocampista Steven Gerrard.

Morientes, que no disfruta apenas de minutos de juego con el Madrid, aseguró que todavía no ha hablado con el entrenador del club inglés, Rafa Benítez, sobre su traspaso.

It says that Everton are sh1t3, Gerrard is a going nowhere and that Morientes will sign for LFC in Jan  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:45 pm

The_Rock wrote:Specifically cut & paste for houllier  :p. Anybody here know french ???

this is in spanish, not french.

its basically saying the same as everywhere else:

madrid want 12m euros, we offered 5, they want an option on gerrard, morientes likes liverpool, wants to leave madrid etc etc.

nothing new

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:46 pm

New song for you guy's:

We Wish we had Morientes

We Wish we had Morientes

We Wish we had Morientes

And a Xabi New Year

Garcia we bring

And Rafa's our King

We Wish we had Morientes

And a Xabi new year

(To the tune of We wish you a Merry Christmas)

tm Peter Evo
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:48 pm

leon, we may argue, but that is pure genius!
consider all londoners to get the song soon via my email, will be sung all over the land
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:49 pm

:D
Nice on Leon  :D
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:50 pm

simply awesome  :D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion