Rafa speaking on the spanish radio

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:13 pm

Rafa has said this. ???

We are closer to the top three than the 30 point gap suggest. Our games againt Chelsea showed that.

With Xabi Alonso we would be in a much better position.

I find extremely difficult to understand the scouse accent.

Sometimes I go into the dressing room really p#ssed off with the team perfomance and I find it really difficult to convey in English what I want from them, and also the added problem of a different culture.

I am hundred per cent sure that my Valencia side would be in the top 3 if they were playing in the Premier fighting for the title.

My Spanish signings have perfomed well overall, but it is difficult to get results if the team is not functioning properly.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:32 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Rafa has said this. ???

We are closer to the top three than the 30 point gap suggest. Our games againt Chelsea showed that.

With Xabi Alonso we would be in a much better position.

I find extremely difficult to understand the scouse accent.

Sometimes I go into the dressing room really p#ssed off with the team perfomance and I find it really difficult to convey in English what I want from them, and also the added problem of a different culture.

I am hundred per cent sure that my Valencia side would be in the top 3 if they were playing in the Premier fighting for the title.

My Spanish signings have perfomed well overall, but it is difficult to get results if the team is not functioning properly.

stupid radio stations.. next we'll be hearing that rafa was the victim of a hoax call- with a dj pretending to be perez and getting rafa to say "sure why not?!" when asked if he'd like to manage real. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:44 pm

:D You see it on RAWK aswell San Migel
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:45 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote: :D You see it on RAWK aswell San Migel

aye and it is so true :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:07 pm

Had Benitez stayed at Valencia they surely must have been one of the favourites to win the Champions League this season. They were always strong, but last year they were playing out of this world. I had them down as dark horses at the end of last summer (before Rafa became our boss) to rule Europe in 2005. However, Ranieiri tried to stamp his own personality on the team and changed a lot of things that didn't need changing and they sort of collapsed.

Cracking team Valencia, and I have no doubt they would have been good enough to win the Premiership.
Last edited by JBG on Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:21 pm

i just dont like the fact that apparently real madrid have walready been in contact with rafas agent regarding the real job next season... now thats scary.
i know he only just got here, but would he leave if madrid came calling?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:28 pm

I think that Rafa would probably say to himself that yes, hypothetically, he'd love to manage Real Madrid at some stage.

He has a lot of links with that club and has spoken before of his emotional affinity with that club.

However, anyone in their right mind would no consider Madrid at the moment, indeed its probably foolhardy to accept any position at Madrid as long as Fiorentino Perez is President.

Benitez apparently choose Liverpool last summer as we, amongst other reasons, offered him 100% control over football matters. At Madrid he would have very little control as he would have to share power with Arrigo Sacchi and Emilo Butrogueno, handle a dressing room of massive and anarchaic personalities who won't always adhere to instructions, and above all else, have Perez dictate to him over transfer policy and sometimes even team selection.

Benitez would probably like to manage Madrid at some stage, but he doesn't strike me as a man who will leave Liverpool after commencing a massive long term re-building operation, and he also strikes me as a man who would not have his job compremised by others meddling in his work.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:08 pm

It's stupid to talk about Real Madrid.
Look at it this way, he has the backing of the board, the love of the fans and all the time in the world to put together something special at Liverpool.
Or he could be the next 5 minute manager at Real Madrid where he is told what to do by the president, lynched by the fans and media for losing one game and has no time or freedom to do his job.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:10 am

How come i haven't found any article similar to this anywhere else? source?
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:51 am

It's stupid to talk about Real Madrid.
Look at it this way, he has the backing of the board, the love of the fans and all the time in the world to put together something special at Liverpool.
Or he could be the next 5 minute manager at Real Madrid where he is told what to do by the president, lynched by the fans and media for losing one game and has no time or freedom to do his job.

He go if only the chairman plans to sell SG
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:30 pm

He's honest, and sometimes that means telling people what they don't want to hear. Valencia were unbelieveable. Now he wants us to be better than them. Problem!?! - I don't think so!!! Once he can speak the lingo better, we'll be top.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rinoayuna » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:24 am

i dun think benitez would leave until he completes the job here which is to make us a trophy winning side again.he has enough responsibility and respect for us to leave liverpool that is until he is sacked
rinoayuna

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:32 am

The Guardian are now stirring the sh!t.

Just re-hashing old news by the looks of things.  The press just cannot resist stirring the sh!t can they? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
jonnymac1979

Postby wee_boi888 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:41 am

"Sometimes I go into the dressing room really p#ssed off with the team perfomance and I find it really difficult to convey in English what I want from them, and also the added problem of a different culture."

If you look at our FA cup result who wouldnt be p#ssed off...and the language and culture barrier was always gonna be a slight problem. We all knew this when he was gonna manage us.

"I am hundred per cent sure that my Valencia side would be in the top 3 if they were playing in the Premier fighting for the title.

My Spanish signings have perfomed well overall, but it is difficult to get results if the team is not functioning properly."

I concur that Valencia would be challenging for the title whether in La Liga or the Premiership. They are a very strong team and like what John Barnes' Granny said, they would be challenging in Europe and Rafa stayed.

What he says about his signings and the team overall has the element of truth. We have been very incosistant record. There is no denying that as we all witnessed our shyte performances this season, but also our very best.

I think most people will take his words out of proportion. I for one have no real trouble in my mind over what he said.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion