LIVERPOOL vs MAN UTD - All the build up and discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:18 pm

Me too think cisse should have been brought on for garcia. We are really not utilising cisse's strength. He can't play with his back facing the goal.....

Does garcia have any balls in the 1st place ? he keeps losing them  :p  (ok...a bad joke).

gotta go.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Natalie » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:19 pm

A.B. wrote:
Was Gerrard in the starting line up for this game?

No he wasn't even on teh bench but he somehow managed to be a man of the match. [/sarcasm]

Didn't see the game. Only info i have on it is from here and goals365.com
Natalie

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:19 pm

we are not going to score many goals if we keep playing this formation

Oh really, and why not? We've created chances with 451 and 442, the problem has been that we haven't taken them. Please watch all our games over again, and you will see that in every game we had plenty of chances to score.

Therefore the problem does not lie with the formation, it lies with the end product. It's something Man Utd had a problem with last season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mighty mo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:20 pm

the system is going to take time to understand for the players who are new to it,the system is for the benifit of midfilders to interchange with the lone striker  and come from deep and get into the box to score like rafa,s team did at valencia with barraja vicente and argentina fellow who,s name i can,t remember,it won,t be long until this team click playing this system
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:21 pm

oakton wrote:we are not going to score many goals if we keep playing this formation

It has NOTHING to do with the formation.

We had some good chances to score today as we have had in all of the other matches, but what can you do if the chances aren't taken, for example today, Garcia's chance from Gerrard's pass, or Gerrard's header from Riise's pass from the left flank....

The team need to train more and thats it.

It will come together eventually.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:22 pm

my 87 yr old Nan could have passed better than Garcia today...awful, truly awful.  Mind you, the whole match was poor....i don't think either side was up for the early kick off.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:22 pm

roy keane is out for two month,he has broken his metertarsel bone in his foot :D
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:23 pm

The system imho isn't the problem, it's the end product. It doesn't matter what formation  you play if you miss chances to score.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:23 pm

A.B. wrote:
Was Gerrard in the starting line up for this game?

No he wasn't even on teh bench but he somehow managed to be a man of the match. [/sarcasm]

Gerrard done his bit but none of our players deserved MOTM except Hyypia he was excellent today.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:26 pm

I'm very :censored: off at US PPV. They delayed this game for four hours, and I was going to buy it. I though the game was at 11 am Eastern here but I didn't find out that it's delayed until I got online.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mighty mo » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:27 pm

A.B. wrote:I'm very :censored: off at US PPV. They delayed this game for four hours, and I was going to buy it. I though the game was at 11 am Eastern here but I didn't find out that it's delayed until I got online.

can you not cancel it
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:30 pm

No I didn't buy it, I was going to do thirty minutes before the game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:30 pm

A.B. wrote:
we are not going to score many goals if we keep playing this formation

Oh really, and why not? We've created chances with 451 and 442, the problem has been that we haven't taken them. Please watch all our games over again, and you will see that in every game we had plenty of chances to score.

Therefore the problem does not lie with the formation, it lies with the end product. It's something Man Utd had a problem with last season.

The reason being Ab is we dont have the personel ,ok Crouch upfront ,but you then need two quick wide players in support .
We dont have them and unless they are there to chip in with the goals Crouch wont win us the games .

I believe if you play Crouch you will need a striker up alongside with him some body who will take these chances your talking about.

The five in midfield looks solid enough but with the one upfront we look toothless,I have always be a firm believer 4-4-2 is the way to play .Thats my opinion anyway but Rafa has his ways and im sure he will start getting the results we need.
66-1112520797

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:30 pm

I saw many many good signs today we are going forward in the right direction.Our midfield is looking steady and our defence look exceptional.I,m like the rest of you where  the lack of goals is very worrying.The weak link today on countless occasions was Garcia his passing is awful,time and time again when we got into the last third Garcia gave away possesion.This lad is not a premiership player at all,he may be slightly better in Europe but even in europe  our moves constantly break down because of him losing the ball.I would have liked to have seen Cisse along side crouch and Garcia replaced not sinema.Anyway 7 out of 10 for me.......but the lack of goals is very worrying.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:33 pm

Ha Keane has a broken foot!! :laugh: :laugh:
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion