LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA (PART 1) - All discussion here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:58 am

Who?  Me?
jonnymac1979

Postby LFC_fan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:08 am

This is it, the majority of us have been waiting anxiously for the arrival of this week and its finally here.

Confirmed team news :
~ Moro is confirmed out of tonite's game and Rafa's disappointed as he was planning on using moro at some point of the game (that was wat he said. how true was that statement, only Rafa himself knows)

~ Kewell played the last 30mins of yesterday's reserve game against leeds and came through unscathed but low chance that he'll be on the bench tonite.

~ Momo is back in contention for a starting place tonite after missing out of the berm game, hes fully recovered and raring to go, will be fighting with hamman for a place along alonso and gerrard.

~ Del Horno is back in training and rated at 50-50 to start tonite's game. Other than that, Chelsea has no major injury problems.

~ Jose Mourinho is an egoistic, attention grabbing @#$%@#... but then again, we all know that already...

Probable line ups for tonight's game

Liverpool

Reina

Finnan     hyppia        carra          Traore

Momo

Garcia         Gerrard      alonso     Risse

Crouch

Subs : Carson Josemi Warnock FSP Zenden Cisse Whitbred

Chelsea

Cheh

Ferrira          Terry         Calvahlo     DelHorno/Gallas

Makelele

FatFrank                   Essien

Duff                                    Robben
                   Crespo/Drogba

subs : cole SWP Cudicini Gallas Drogba / Crespo

--------------------------------------------------

Will be a tight game tonight, dont be surprised that it ends up goal-less again or at most a 1-0 win for either side. But i expect us to just nick it, a Stevie goal just past the hour.

We havent been exactly playing breath-taking football as of late but somehow we seem to raise our game against bigger opponents and the only thing bigger than tonite's game is Maureen's ego.

Expect Chelski to be extremly tight at the back, with Rafa instructing Gerrard, Garcia and Risse to feed on Crouch's knock downs. Would be hard to play through the Chelsea backline and though Terry and Gallas / Calvaho arn't the fastest Centrebacks in the world, they're no slouches either.
Will be very hard to break down their defence but direct running at Terry and gang will help to unsettle them abit.
(remember Baros last season in the semi final? it led to Garcia's goal)  Thats also the reason i would like to see Cisse start but knowing Rafa, thats highly unlikely. More likely Cisse will come on sometime in the second half depending on the score.

Match analysis : We currently top the group with chelski and a win tonight will put us firmly in the driving seat. A draw is not bad either considering Chelski still have to travel to Spain and get a result there and we having already done that. The home match against Anderlect cant be any tougher than the one we had at Seville.

Many people say that Liverpool are only a one man team relying heavily on Gerrard. In my opinion, that is sadly true. HOWEVER, what people fail to realize is that when Gerrard is out suspended or injured, the rest of the team still carries themselves and achieve decent results. The problem is that when Gerrard is playing, too many of his team mates expect him / rely on him too much to rescue the team when the going gets tough. The problem exisits when Gerrard is playing but surprisingly is non-exisitance when Gerrard is not. Its time players like Zenden learn to pick themselves up and show everybody what they are capable of. Gerrard is world class and can win a match on his own, but the other 10 players have to believe in themselves as well.

Key men :
~ Gerrard nuff said

~ Reina : Its going to be a tight game and if he's going to make elementary mistakes like he did against Birm, then its gdbye 3 points. One mistake in goal will cost us the match.

~ Hamma / Sissko : whoever playing the midfield holding roll will have a hard time shutting out fat frank and essien, as well as spreading across the width to stop Robben / Duff

~ Terry : the chelski captain will be out wanting revenge after being reduced to tears at Anfield

~ crespo / Drogba : limiting the targetman for them to as few chances as possible will be the key to shutting them out.

My prediction : 1-0 to liverpool with Gerrard scoring a 25 yard screamer in the 63rd min. (Lampard to be sent off for a 2 footed tackle on Alonso) and 50000 REDs telling jose Maurinho to stfu with their fingers to their lips after Gerrard's screamer.
LFC_fan

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:19 am

LFC_fan wrote:This is it, the majority of us have been waiting anxiously for the arrival of this week and its finally here.

Confirmed team news :
~ Moro is confirmed out of tonite's game and Rafa's disappointed as he was planning on using moro at some point of the game (that was wat he said. how true was that statement, only Rafa himself knows)

~ Kewell played the last 30mins of yesterday's reserve game against leeds and came through unscathed but low chance that he'll be on the bench tonite.

~ Momo is back in contention for a starting place tonite after missing out of the berm game, hes fully recovered and raring to go, will be fighting with hamman for a place along alonso and gerrard.

~ Del Horno is back in training and rated at 50-50 to start tonite's game. Other than that, Chelsea has no major injury problems.

~ Jose Mourinho is an egoistic, attention grabbing @#$%@#... but then again, we all know that already...

Probable line ups for tonight's game

Liverpool

Reina

Finnan     hyppia        carra          Traore

Momo

Garcia         Gerrard      alonso     Risse

Crouch

Subs : Carson Josemi Warnock FSP Zenden Cisse Whitbred

Chelsea

Cheh

Ferrira          Terry         Calvahlo     DelHorno/Gallas

Makelele

FatFrank                   Essien

Duff                                    Robben
                   Crespo/Drogba

subs : cole SWP Cudicini Gallas Drogba / Crespo

--------------------------------------------------

Will be a tight game tonight, dont be surprised that it ends up goal-less again or at most a 1-0 win for either side. But i expect us to just nick it, a Stevie goal just past the hour.

We havent been exactly playing breath-taking football as of late but somehow we seem to raise our game against bigger opponents and the only thing bigger than tonite's game is Maureen's ego.

Expect Chelski to be extremly tight at the back, with Rafa instructing Gerrard, Garcia and Risse to feed on Crouch's knock downs. Would be hard to play through the Chelsea backline and though Terry and Gallas / Calvaho arn't the fastest Centrebacks in the world, they're no slouches either.
Will be very hard to break down their defence but direct running at Terry and gang will help to unsettle them abit.
(remember Baros last season in the semi final? it led to Garcia's goal)  Thats also the reason i would like to see Cisse start but knowing Rafa, thats highly unlikely. More likely Cisse will come on sometime in the second half depending on the score.

Match analysis : We currently top the group with chelski and a win tonight will put us firmly in the driving seat. A draw is not bad either considering Chelski still have to travel to Spain and get a result there and we having already done that. The home match against Anderlect cant be any tougher than the one we had at Seville.

Many people say that Liverpool are only a one man team relying heavily on Gerrard. In my opinion, that is sadly true. HOWEVER, what people fail to realize is that when Gerrard is out suspended or injured, the rest of the team still carries themselves and achieve decent results. The problem is that when Gerrard is playing, too many of his team mates expect him / rely on him too much to rescue the team when the going gets tough. The problem exisits when Gerrard is playing but surprisingly is non-exisitance when Gerrard is not. Its time players like Zenden learn to pick themselves up and show everybody what they are capable of. Gerrard is world class and can win a match on his own, but the other 10 players have to believe in themselves as well.

Key men :
~ Gerrard nuff said

~ Reina : Its going to be a tight game and if he's going to make elementary mistakes like he did against Birm, then its gdbye 3 points. One mistake in goal will cost us the match.

~ Hamma / Sissko : whoever playing the midfield holding roll will have a hard time shutting out fat frank and essien, as well as spreading across the width to stop Robben / Duff

~ Terry : the chelski captain will be out wanting revenge after being reduced to tears at Anfield

~ crespo / Drogba : limiting the targetman for them to as few chances as possible will be the key to shutting them out.

My prediction : 1-0 to liverpool with Gerrard scoring a 25 yard screamer in the 63rd min. (Lampard to be sent off for a 2 footed tackle on Alonso) and 50000 REDs telling jose Maurinho to stfu with their fingers to their lips after Gerrard's screamer.

A good post mate, and thanks for the team news.

Also a big thanks from everyone at LFC for increasing the capacity for tonights game...the extra 5,000 will come in handy  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:00 pm

I am unbelievably excited!!!!

I can't wait for this match!!!!!!!! :grinning:  :grinning:  :grinning:
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:03 pm

what better way to shut maureens fat gob tonight than av the entire squad parade 'ol big ears' round the ground before kick off?  :bowdown
its a psychological trick im sure shanks would of approved of!!

then fat frank, john'slit-eye'terry,dogbreath,crispy (me grandad worked for golden wonder there!) puke a laly, guff and the milk monitor can all get a good wiff of brasso!!  :laugh:

come on you reds!  :buttrock  weve got to get at em!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby babu » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:05 pm

Its on at 3.30 am here, and every single one of the Manshites i work with know i am LFC fan, so if i turn up tomorrow bleary eyed i am gonna suffer. i can see expresso's in the hundreds tomorrow.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:23 pm

the officials tonight are from italy. the referee is the same one that covered lyon 3:0 real madrid last round.just in case anyone noticed owt dodgy!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:29 pm

I tell you what, I'd play warnock over Traore anyday. Apart from that point, the team line-up looks really solid.

Having Crouch up front is going to be ideal for a game like this when we may have to soak up a substantial amount of pressure from the Chelsea attack from time-to-time. As all of you know we can always punt it to him if we get into trouble.

However, i would rather us take the game to Chelsea. Considering the line-up you mentioned there I don't see why we can't do that. Some of you, as well as myself may be concerned by the Chelsea counter-attack. Considering this factor, if it is true that Momo is back to fitness (even though I heard he was out for tonight) I would expect him to start tonight and believe he can break up the counter-attacks with his pace and guile. :nod

If all of this comes true, in terms of successfully breaking up the counter attack and having Gerrard, Garcia and Crouch in an advanced role, I can see Chelsea being in for a shock tonight.

BRING THE F***ERS ON! :buttrock
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:33 pm

I f.uckin hate chelsea, cockney f.uckin f.uckwits. That k.nobhead cheeky lippy blurt of a manager is a f.uckin d.ickhead. lets do em.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:35 pm

neil wrote:I f.uckin hate chelsea, cockney f.uckin f.uckwits. That k.nobhead cheeky lippy blurt of a manager is a f.uckin d.ickhead. lets do em.

great post! haha :wwww
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:49 pm

Another positive of playing Chelsea twice in a week is that i'm pretty sure Cisse will get a start in one of the games. Hopefully he can impress and cement a first team place and change Rafa's insistence on playing 4-5-1 !
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC_fan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:50 pm

this is what maureen has been up to for the pre-match build up..

source :http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=344150&cc=3436

Updated: Sep. 28, 2005, 12:00 PM UK
Time to bring in goal-line technology, insists Mourinho

Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho has urged football's authorities to introduce goalline technology as soon as possible after admitting he will never forget how Liverpool's controversial winner robbed his side of a place in the Champions League final last season.

Liverpool beat Chelsea in the semi-final, second leg on Merseyside with a disputed winner from Luis Garcia but the Portuguese coach will never accept the ball crossed the line.

Mourinho's view that Garcia's goal should not have stood was later supported by the use of missile technology and the fact that it gave Liverpool a 1-0 aggregate victory still rankles with the Chelsea coach.

The two sides meet once more in the Champions League at Anfield tonight with Mourinho believing that goalline technology is a must to prevent such mistakes in future.

FIFA have been experimenting with a micro-chipped adidas ball at the Under-17 World Championships and the manufacturers claim it will resolve any disputes.

'Using simple technology we could put a stop to wrong decisions,' said Mourinho. 'The use of chip technology in the ball - which works through the transmission of a sound signal - would confirm if the ball crossed the line or not.

'It is so simple to resolve and yet these errors keep happening. It is not a case of blaming referees, it's not about demanding 20/20 vision or supersonic reactions from the referees' assistants.

'But in this multi-million pound business it is imperative that pivotal decisions stand up to scrutiny.'

Mourinho has learned to live with the fact that Garcia's goal meant his side stayed at home while Liverpool went on to beat AC Milan in a memorable final.

He added: 'Liverpool didn't score in the semi-final against us but I accept they beat us. They played in the final and we stayed at home, so of course I accept it.

'I was upset at that time but not any more. They beat us but they didn't score. I will say that for all my life but it doesn't mean I am sad.

'There are certain highlights in your career that you never forget and I won't forget the goal nobody saw.

'In five matches, we have beaten them three times, they beat us once and we drew once. The game in Anfield where everybody says they beat us was, I think, a zero-zero draw.

'It was a great atmosphere last season but it was the same in the Premiership at Anfield and we beat them. The person who was maybe more influenced by the atmosphere was the linesman, not the players.'

Mourinho's dig at Roman Slysko, the assistant referee who indicated Garcia's clipped shot had cleared the line at Anfield, stands by his decision.

He said: 'I did not enjoy being the centre of attention. I never spoke to Mourinho or anyone from Chelsea about the goal, but I do not expect to do any of their games in Europe this season.

'I don't think the UEFA referees committee would send us. It could be taken as a provocation and too controversial.'

Slysko added that he would have liked goalline technology at Anfield that night, if only to prove to Mourinho that he made the right decision.

'It would have saved a lot of arguments,' he said. 'But for me the decision I made was and still is correct. I am not sorry about it.'
LFC_fan

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:54 pm

If Rafa's secretary says it's in it's in!

Mourinho is getting worse than John McEnroe!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:55 pm

Paul Tomkins latest column off lfc.tv, a great read.

Link
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:09 pm

What is Mourinhos proof that the ball never crossed the line??
Why does he say he is not sad about it when 5 months later he is the only one going on about it?

Theres managers are all pr!cks and cant take defeat, Wenger wants the rules changing so you get points for goals cos he has a sh!t defence and cant break teams down and Mourinho wants goal line technology bringing in now cos it supposedly cost them the european cup, i ask you one think Jose you greasy tw@t, if we had goal line technology then we would have proved that it was a goal and you would have to think of something else to be bitter about because it crossed the line you thick tw@t because the linesman said so, now :censored: off to your Underground lair with Fat frank and Joe cole you misrable cu*t.

Leds do these cu*ts again tonight red men.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion