LIVERPOOL VS ATHLETICO MADRID - Anfield : 04/11/08, 19.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Do you know what though ive battled with some gobsh.ites today over the Gerrard pen.
Some think it was not a pen others do well imo i dont care if it was a pen or not Stevie is a winner in my eyes an if he went down easy so what he got us a valuable point. I was arguing with a few chelsea fans today an said dont tell me that if fat frank went over in the area to get you a win or a draw you wouldnt be grateful . :censored: right they would an all

It just sickens me though that when one of our players especialy Gerrard is involved in anything dubious on a football pitch that hes the worlds worst an theres radio phone ins an debates on it . Will he start top be known for his diving instead of the great player that he is .  :laugh:

Pen or not Stevie new what was needed an i commend the lad
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:02 pm

heimdall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Is it safe for me to post :)

Nanny I have no problems with you, actually I don't really have any problems with any of the regulars on this forum, our opinions differ from time to time but at the end of the day we are all fans of LFC.
On another point, not at you Nanny, is that I honestly don't believe that anybody who spends a significant amount of time on this forum can ever be called a fair weather fan, and I really dislike those type of insinuations, they are fecking immature and create a bad atmosphere and bad feelings.

well put... was going to reply to that post in the top of the page but couldnt be bothered... gets on my nerves when some feel they are better fans or start questioning other fans whenever somerhing critical in the slightest is put out by them.. if ur not here to argue and you can't accept that its a forum with different people having opinion and thought that might actually be different from yours then this most probably isnt the best place for you to be..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:02 pm

I think he made a rod for his own back though Nanny when he spoke out about diving. I also think he had every right to go down under that challenge last night...... then its up to the Ref not Gerrard to make the decision. If players make a clumsy challenge in the box they are asking for trouble, last night thankfully they got it.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:03 pm

I've been thinking of keeping this for me Nanny, because it may wind up. I was livid 2 hours ago when I watched in Antena3, and that means about 3M Spaniards watching, the fúcking youtube video of redcafe  :no

The Spanish journos have gone way off the mark with their comments about that penalty, when they know perfectly they don't talk about those events when Real Madrid does them.

They give stick to Gerrard, to Platini, and to the UEFA.

I can understand that the game had great expectations, Anfield means more in Spain than Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford. I can understand that being denied of a win in that temple in the last minute by a dubious penalty is outrageus. But it's very hypocrital to cry about that from the Spanish journalism.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:09 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Do you know what though ive battled with some gobsh.ites today over the Gerrard pen.
Some think it was not a pen others do well imo i dont care if it was a pen or not Stevie is a winner in my eyes an if he went down easy so what he got us a valuable point. I was arguing with a few chelsea fans today an said dont tell me that if fat frank went over in the area to get you a win or a draw you wouldnt be grateful . :censored: right they would an all

It just sickens me though that when one of our players especialy Gerrard is involved in anything dubious on a football pitch that hes the worlds worst an theres radio phone ins an debates on it . Will he start top be known for his diving instead of the great player that he is .  :laugh:

Pen or not Stevie new what was needed an i commend the lad

to be honest im not bothered about it being a penalty or not either... hell i'd take a penalty like that every game every week if it meant we got something extra out of a game..

Think most people had a problem with the way gerrard dived cause many find him to be a really good role model for youngsters around the country...probably the world..
Ronaldo has been denied being that by the media and the public mainly because of his diving and inpitch antics, besides that hes a very good footballer ... people arent that bothered when he dives nemore because theyv come to expect that from him now..

Gerrard has done it in the past, probably most who arent Liverpool supporters wouldnt notice that but im sure many here do or did...

It was clearly not a penalty and he clearly dived and made the most of -if any- minimal contact to try and get us something out of nothing...
I'm okay with it and it doesnt bother me one bit, but id understand why many wouldnt be.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:14 pm

It makes you sick  though theres been a debate about it on the radio today an sky, An ive had people saying to me what a cheat . Ive had the right hump over it when you look at how many times Drogbar an Ronaldo thats just to name 2 go down an they havnt been touched sometimes an yet nothing gets said, An i understand what you mean Saint when you say he made a rod for his own back but . Any player worth his salt would of done the same imo.

What actualy upset me the most though was you had a few sopposed Liverpool supporters ringing an textin in saying they were unhappy with the way he went down. Well im sorry but if it happens again an he goes to ground ill still say well done Stevie . But roll around a bit next time like THE DIRTY Manc you might get more appreciated for earning us a goal
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:17 pm

Well, desperate times call for desperate measures :) and last night was desperate.

But, if that had been Ronaldo...we ALL...to a man or woman...would have been absolutely livid.
tonyeh

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 pm

This is anyway one of the things that make english football different. I don't think it was one of those dives that was planned, he reached before, he felt a contact, and he overreacted, but I don't understand why people talk about that as a crime. In my book, a nasty tackle to the knee or over the ankle with no intention to play the ball, is more of a football crime.

Overreacting, shouldn't be done. Diving? neither, but make no mistake, divings do not leave good players 5 months injured or send them to a early retirement ??? and the refs' job is to deem those situations right, with cards if necessary.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:26 pm

Sabre wrote:This is anyway one of the things that make english football different. I don't think it was one of those dives that was planned, he reached before, he felt a contact, and he overreacted, but I don't understand why people talk about that as a crime. In my book, a nasty tackle to the knee or over the ankle with no intention to play the ball, is more of a football crime.

Overreacting, shouldn't be done. Diving? neither, but make no mistake, divings do not leave good players 5 months injured or send them to a early retirement ??? and the refs' job is to deem those situations right, with cards if necessary.

:D
alright now im confused... wat are we talking about again ?

Ronaldo kicked a Celtic guy off the ball today he should be getting a ban for it the little fcker.... pissd me off his little tricks werent working so he got all frustrated and started kicking players around  :no

btw the Celtic "You'll never walk alone" at high time was brilliant all credit to their fans i bet the Manutd players hated every second of it !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:29 pm

NANNY RED wrote:What actualy upset me the most though was you had a few sopposed Liverpool supporters ringing an textin in saying they were unhappy with the way he went down. Well im sorry but if it happens again an he goes to ground ill still say well done Stevie . But roll around a bit next time like THE DIRTY Manc you might get more appreciated for earning us a goal

All I know is when the ref said penalty, I was dancing round the room, not worrying about whether Gerrard had dived or not. I dare say almost every Liverpool fan was doing the same.

The only thing I had on my mind was hoping Gerrard didn't take the spot kick because he looked hyped. I wanted Kuyt to take it  :D
account deleted by request

Postby tonyeh » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 pm

aCe' wrote:
Sabre wrote:This is anyway one of the things that make english football different. I don't think it was one of those dives that was planned, he reached before, he felt a contact, and he overreacted, but I don't understand why people talk about that as a crime. In my book, a nasty tackle to the knee or over the ankle with no intention to play the ball, is more of a football crime.

Ronaldo kicked a Celtic guy off the ball today he should be getting a ban for it the little fcker.... pissd me off his little tricks werent working so he got all frustrated and started kicking players around  :no

btw the Celtic "You'll never walk alone" at high time was brilliant all credit to their fans i bet the Manutd players hated every second of it !

Ha ha...noticed that too.

Celtic fans were whistling Ronaldo all game too.

He's such a petulant little git. He was moaning at his team mates and took a few swipes at Celtic players when they got the ball off him after he fluffed some fancy :censored: move.

That kind of nonsense really lets his game down.
tonyeh

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:42 pm

tonyeh wrote:
aCe' wrote:

Ha ha...noticed that too.

Celtic fans were whistling Ronaldo all game too.

He's such a petulant little git. He was moaning at his team mates and took a few swipes at Celtic players when they got the ball off him after he fluffed some fancy :censored: move.

That kind of nonsense really lets his game down.

Just on a side note here but where Celtic Zonal marking :laugh: im sure they were
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:27 am

Sabre wrote:
heimdall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Is it safe for me to post :)

Nanny I have no problems with you, actually I don't really have any problems with any of the regulars on this forum, our opinions differ from time to time but at the end of the day we are all fans of LFC.

Wise words Heimdall.

Just remember, when you refer to those of us who wear red rosed glasses or something, that we also like good football mate. I love good football. Trust me. I love our team playing good football. I'm too dissapointed when we lose. I'm not happy and clapping after a defeat. We're just not being so negative  :)

I mean, when I see things like "Kuyt is shíte", I wonder, "have these lads seen a third division game ever?". Kuyt is a good player. Then, ok, he might not be good enough for a top top club like Liverpool. Ok. But let's say that and not say he's shíte or garbage. He's playing with the red shírt, and he deserves a respect only for that.

OK I guess  :)
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:24 am

Scottbot wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Time to apoligise  :blush:

If i offended anyone on here last night im sorry i cant even bring meself to read the thread in case i was totaly bang out of order , id had a good bevi and i know its no excuse but i cant even remember what i posted

So sorry

Same here, had a few pops an got a bit hot under the collar. Didn't really mean to call everyone a c**t. I just don't think yesterday was as bad as a few are making out. They scored an absolutely fantastic goal but aside from that I can't remember them creating anything else apart from a Maniche shot. I know we didn't create too many clear cut chances but some of our play in the 2nd half was good I thought. Clearly we miss Torres (we've been doing very well without him) and Gerrard had a very rough game last night compared to his usual high standards. Riera (who has been pivotal recently) also struggled last night. Some are obsessing about the formation and 4-4-2 but Rafa must have played his favoured 4-2-3-1 for much of the time in Europe over the past 4 years and we all know how successful he has been in that time.

It just seems so many posters call it great with hindsight but that's too easy. If the managers plays 4-4-2 and the team draw or lose you get calls of 'why did we buy another striker to play 4-4-2 when we were at our best in 4-2-3-1 last season'. And then after this loss, sorry i mean draw we've got several bemoaning the decision to play just one striker, we have to play 4-4-2 they cry. It would be nice to see BOTH opinions/groups on here at the same time. It's a case of 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'.

Personally, I wasn't so bothered about last night. If we had lost the game we'd have still been 4 points ahead of Marseille and PSV and in the drivers seat, it wouldn't have been the end of the world. I'm far more bothered about our League game with West Brom this weekend, it's not that the Champions League doesn't matter but the league is the big one for most of us this season I think. I'm still (despite the loss against Spurs) pretty ecstatic with our start to the season and I get angry when I read the likes of Heindall (and others) spewing criticism in the face of a record start to the season and claiming some sort of moral highground about them obviously having higher standards than the rest of us and remembering the great Liverpool sides like it was yesterday.

what he said - 100% agree bar the chances  :;):
Last edited by GYBS on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:44 pm

Keane playing on his own up front doesn't (seem to) work, Torres on his own is a different story. However, do we really need a DM in a home game we're looking to win? I reckon some managers who I could name would have changed that at half-time if 0-1 down
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion