BLACKBURN ROVERS VS LIVERPOOL - Will we beat blackburn?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:15 pm

JoeTerp wrote:considering our current fitness levels I think Arbeloa and Aurelio need to pair up on the left, get Risse out of there, might even want to see Hobbs playing more for Hyypia but not yet. Play Mascher and Lucas in the middle, Gerrard on the Right, Kewell behind the striker and I guess Crouch by default at striker.  I'm not sure what Babel's best position is right now, but I am pretty sure its on the bench.  Kuyt shouldn't even be in the squad, same with Momo (take his name out of the song) we NEEED Torres back badly.

I'm not convinced Aurelio is good enough for left midfield mate. Full back instead of Riise he's def worth a try though. I would prefer Kewell on the wing for the time being, even though we are short up front.

As you say we need Torres back mate.
account deleted by request

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:20 pm

Not a bad result I suppose.

Still only six points from the top. Still unbeaten.

If we can get something at least from this leg cruncher matches, we are OK.

Now, if only we could get our act together at home, we'd be doing even better.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:35 pm

Maybe Rafa has over achieved since he has been here

We had been starving for years and then all of a sudden this great man comes and bingo were eating again .

Now were on a diet again  :D

Maybe he showed us the whole of the moon to soon

You were there at the turnstiles
With the wind at your heels
You stretched for the stars
And you know how it feels
To reach too high
Too far
Too soon
You saw the whole of the moon!

You climbed on the ladder
With the wind in your sails
You came like a comet
Blazing your trail
Too high
Too far
Too soon
You saw the whole of the moon!

Ill get down out of my pulpit now :D  :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bedlovedays » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:59 pm

JoeTerp wrote:considering our current fitness levels I think Arbeloa and Aurelio need to pair up on the left, get Risse out of there, might even want to see Hobbs playing more for Hyypia but not yet. Play Mascher and Lucas in the middle, Gerrard on the Right, Kewell behind the striker and I guess Crouch by default at striker.  I'm not sure what Babel's best position is right now, but I am pretty sure its on the bench.  Kuyt shouldn't even be in the squad, same with Momo (take his name out of the song) we NEEED Torres back badly.

Amen Brother
bedlovedays

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:26 am

JohnBull wrote:The problems are starting to come from two sides now.

The main problem is Raffa's insistence on the two holding midfielders  and one up front. This is the system that worked so well in Valencia and he's trying to repeat it here. The problem is that you need two good holding players and we've got one, Mascarano.  Sissoko, the same as Sammi, is becoming a liability and no matter how much good work is done by Mascarano, it is undone by Sissoko's awful play. Carra is runnning himself to a standstill covering Sammi's mistakes. We do not have a forward capable of being a lone striker.
We've spent more than enough money to be able to ride the storm of injuries but the purchases made are not up to the job and as long as Raffa persists with this 4-3-2-1 system the more we will be caught out by the shortcomings of the squad.  I don't know if the coaches in La Liga are thicker than those here but the Premiership coaches seem to be able to close down our game plan at will. We must have the narrowest attacking formation I've ever seen.

The second problem I can see is the man himself. Raffa's insistence on not playing some players and playing others who are way off form can only be put down to selfish stubborness. He is putting his position before the good of the team and seems to feel he is bigger than the club. A fault he appeared to attribute to Gerrard recently. You can see that the team are happier playing with Crouch up front and you can see the chances the boy creates. Why doesn't he play him ? There is absolutely no sensible reason in my view.

The coming transfer window will show how much other clubs and managers value Crouch who's treatment this season has been an utter disgrace. I honestly do not know how Raffa can look at the boy in the face when he gives him his regular 15 minutes chance of glory.

"Raffa Out" ?  Sounds dramatic but I can see it coming !

Cant have your "main problem" mate, which is apparently "Rafas insistence on two holding midfielders"

We played 433 against Arsenal, with Voronin and Kuyt with Torres up front. We played an orthodox 442 against Beskitas, Gerrard and Mascherano with Babel and Pennant on the wings. Against Everton it was two holding midfielders I will give you that one. Against Spurs it was Gerrard and Mascherano with two up top.

I cant see how "he" is trying to repeat it here mate.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:36 am

NANNY RED wrote:
peewee wrote:
simolonge wrote:
peewee wrote:
simolonge wrote:How many chances did Blackburn have though ?

enough to win it, one goal would have been enough to win it considering we never scored, blackburn had their chances

You could turn that round to talk about us though; No ?

listen we can go backwards and forwards all night with this mate, if you want to sit there and try and justify garbage like that then feel free, the fact is we were rubbish and only really became an attacking force towards the end AGAIN, we become desperate and throw bodies forward in the hope of snatching a win.

if that the type of football you enjoy there are plenty of mid and bottom table teams you can watch. we are supposed to have title aspirations and we play like that, its not good enough and never will be good enough, this is the harsh reality

PeeWee lad some people are happy to settle for that kind of football thay havnt been around long enough to appreciate what playing good football looks like

very true, us oldies know better though   :D

i watched the arsenal v scum game and both teams played with a fluency and belief that are light years ahead of us. out game last night in comparison was pure dross
112-1077774096

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:40 am

Im going to start my post with. It was a better result than last year.

I didnt actually watch the game i was out. But i watched MOTD and have read liverpoolfc.tvs review of the game and it seems we created alot but didnt have the end product. Which has been missing from our game for a number of years now. We have Torres who we all thought was the answer and it shows we cant survive with one great attacker because of what actually has happend Torres is injured and we are settling with strikers who ARENT Liverpool class.

Id like to emphasise it is a better result than last year and thats a start we are progressing. Some say we have to beat teams like blackburn and then say arsenal are class well Arsenal drew with blackburn didnt they.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:46 am

Am I in my own timezone here? Im currently watching the highlights !!??
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Listern » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:47 am

RichardLFC1 wrote:Id like to emphasise it is a better result than last year and thats a start we are progressing. Some say we have to beat teams like blackburn and then say arsenal are class well Arsenal drew with blackburn didnt they.

We shouldn't be losing or drawing to teams like blackburn period
that's virtually the crux of the debate here.
people come out with, blackburn are a hard team
they fight and scrap well. Well what do you expect?
do you expect them to roll over and surrender three
points?

the point is this season, at the moment is not progressing
on from last season and last season we actually
moved backwards in the league, than forwards. so
some cynical fans could well point out, we are
covering old ground.

the difference between us and Arsenal is that arsenal
are top of the league and we are in eighth place.
arsenal look like winning most of their matches
we do not, these are fundamental differences
not to mention arsenal are finesse in advanced position
and can actually create chances and score goals.
Last edited by Listern on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Listern

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:47 am

Or is it a case of here in the UK we are last to recieve?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonidas08 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:49 am

how many times can you people say a draw is fine.... its :censored:... i know our major players are out... Its no excuse to draw and say its fine, its clearly not... Rafa time for some ??? to be raised yet AGAIN!

Kuyt i like him as a player.. though just put the ball in the net mate its not hard. The Goals and grass in England are the same as everywhere else.
Leonidas08

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:50 am

Listern wrote:We shouldn't be losing or drawing to teams like blackburn period
that's virtually the crux of the debate here.
people come out with, blackburn are a hard team
they fight and scrap well. Well what do you expect?
do you expect them to roll over and surrender three
points?

errr.....
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:55 am

Leonidas08 wrote:Kuyt i like him as a player.. though just put the ball in the net mate its not hard. The Goals and grass in England are the same as everywhere else.

Can I just point out I am not related to or associated with this Leon fella despite the similarity of our usernames.

The hardest thing in football is to score goals.

The difference between the leages of Holland and England is MASSIVE
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:59 am

And that every keeper plays a blinder against us !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Leonidas08 wrote:Kuyt i like him as a player.. though just put the ball in the net mate its not hard. The Goals and grass in England are the same as everywhere else.

Can I just point out I am not related to or associated with this Leon fella despite the similarity of our usernames.

The hardest thing in football is to score goals.

The difference between the leages of Holland and England is MASSIVE

i think he is referring to putting chances away, sure creating chances is different but the goals are the same size and when you have a chance you have a chance, that doesnt change wherever you are in the world. the goal doesnt suddenly move 3 foot to the left after you have shot
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion