LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS - Sunday 13th april , 13.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:19 am

stapo1000 wrote:voronin = puke. hope his goal crappy goal doesn't give rafa any stupid ideas

you really shouldn't be allowed to post anymore. some will think that's a bit rich coming from me, but it has to be said. what a stupid thing to say, "crappy goal" it was a goal for Liverpool Football Club, the club you're meant to support, so how can it be "crappy" If it comes down to goal difference and there's one in it, will it be "crappy" then.

get a clue. just because you don't like somebody as a player, there's no reason to slag him off at every given chance and try and take away what he achieved.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby duk » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:38 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
stapo1000 wrote:voronin = puke. hope his goal crappy goal doesn't give rafa any stupid ideas

you really shouldn't be allowed to post anymore. some will think that's a bit rich coming from me, but it has to be said. what a stupid thing to say, "crappy goal" it was a goal for Liverpool Football Club, the club you're meant to support, so how can it be "crappy" If it comes down to goal difference and there's one in it, will it be "crappy" then.

get a clue. just because you don't like somebody as a player, there's no reason to slag him off at every given chance and try and take away what he achieved.

one of your better posts sir,

totally agree
duk

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:39 am

nobybob wrote:this is not a RACE THING,

???
LFC2007

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:30 am

s@int wrote:Roberts was a moaning tw@t and should have been booked or sent off.

I was watching the manure game and rooney , ferdinand were doing it the whole game , guess the rule only applys for mascherano
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:14 am

Not a bad display last night. I was getting frustrated with the officiating at times, but, you take the good with the bad I suppose.

Good games from Kuyt and Gerrard. Especially in the first half in Kuyt's case. Gerrard MOTM for a very good 90 minute performance which included 1 goal and 1 assist.

Was very pleased with Lucas' game. He took the match on at stages and that's what I like to see. He seems to have the confidence to go for his shots doesn't he?

Torres had a quiet first half but a very good second half. Did a few nice things, scored a goal, what more can you ask for?... I guess a hat rick woulda been nice :laugh:

When Voronin came on I buried my head in my hands, but his goal, I gotta praise it. He knew he would get hurt there but he went for it anyway and finished the game off for the reds. Nice work Andriy.

Good win, now hopefully we can beat Fulham, Chelsea beat Everton, we have 4th place in the bag, and we can concentrate on the Champions League.
Seano Kop

Postby RedBlood » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:01 am

http://videos.sapo.pt/VgZVmHLVED20hPCMEMUc

match highlights fo anyone that missed them :)
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:18 am

thanks Redblood :)
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby RedBlood » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:35 am

no worries mate
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:35 am

NiftyNeil wrote:I thought the ref was appalling today, he had an absolute stinker. With another ref, we could of won 7-0.
A good team performance today though. We worked hard all over the pitch, and we were patient for the goal. I thought Lucas was good  and Alonso had improved but still nowhere near the player of 04-05. Gerrard once again was immense, this lad can really give King Kenny a run for his money as our greatest player.

The ref seemed to avoid making any controversial decisions, at least one of the penalty shouts should have been given and in all truth we should have played with ten men. But as it was there were zero penalties awarded, zero red cards and one yellow.

For those saying Babel had a stinker, yes. Not sure it's fair to say Kuyt did too, there really does seem to be a lot of anti-Kuyt sentiment around. The only change for the CL semis I might make is Babel out and Benayoun in. He won back possession and set up the first by passing to Gerrard for his one-two, even for Torres' goal Benayoun was up with him and could have scored himself.

And I see Voronin is in a no win situation, worse than Kuyt. He made sure he got something on the ball and scored, Crouch gets much more credit for doing :censored:all so how does that work? I must admit after the first half I thought of Crouch and that game we lost at Blackburn where we created so much and didn't score. Fortunately we took off an ineffective player and don't underestimate Benayoun's part, he may not have scored, but this is one occaision where the substitute had an impact and helped change the game.

And Torres is immense, how some dipsticks out there (non-Liverpool fans) can criticise him for his first season and goalscoring I'll never know. Yes he could score more away from home and more against top sides, but that is true of anyone. Can only be jealousy. He's done what no other Liverpool striker has done, no mean feat in anyone's books. Maybe not the world's most testing run of games, but all you can ever ask from a striker is to score goals. 12 in 12, just a shame he doesn't take our penalties or he'd be just behind or maybe ahead of Ronaldo. Don't doubt the POTY award will go to the tw at at old trafford, people may be raving about Torres but Ronaldo's reputation is such that he'd get it for scoring half as many goals.

As for signing Santa Cruz, he looks quality but I'm sure Blackburn would hold us to ransom and we could end up with another Bellamy. Resign Warnock? I don't think he should have left, not sure he's the top drawer LB we need but I'd rather him than Riise or Aurelio from a defensive perspective.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:01 am

nobybob wrote:Terrible atmosphere again or should i say lack of, embarrassing really when there was no response to the "where's your famous atmosphere" and especially the "one nil and you still don't sing". Controversial i know but i blame the oots indirectly, gone are the days when your average scouser always had enough money to go the game and have a pint after week in week out and maybe even take the kids ( the game not the pint). Cost me £54 today for a dad and lad this may not be much to some be to me and i suspect many others its a struggle, i have to weigh up which games i can afford and actually get tickets for. Its not even just the cost but also the availability and demand for tickets, i supose we have been victims of our own past success in this respect has led to a huge increase in the number of day trippers coming in for the weekend with money to burn who dont mind paying over the odds for a ticket, as for many its a one off. Im not trying to have a go at the ooters, and realise they bring a lot of much needed revenue into the club, but at what cost atmosphere wise? I was trying to figure out why the difference in atmosphere between some of the european games and your average run of the mill games like todays and okay some of it is going to be down to tradition and history blah blah blah but think maybe that the many scousers in my position give games like today a miss as a rule and save their money for those BIG games, and thus the atmosphere difference.

I understand what your trying to say lad but you know as well as i do how football has changed not just in price but in the fan aswell.

Im what you call an ooter now yes im a scouser but i dont live there any more. Ive ben goin the games home and away for nearly 40 years , I cant get to every game like i used to but my love is still there.

I was at an away game this season cant remember which one but i was the only English speaking one in my row i think.I was surrounded by Norwiegens so thats where your atmospher comes in they didnt know the songs , I asked the lad by me how many games hed been to . First one he said he came on a weekend break with his mates , Disgraceful cause i knew a few lads from Liverpool who couldnt get a ticket for the game and they were regular match goers. Thats what upsets me the day trippers who no nothing and are doing good reds fans out of tickets,

On the other hand i know a few good lads who travel everywhere with the team from Ireland .

But as long as these weekend or day trip breaks with a ticket is still there the atmosphere will not be there.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:11 am

Just out of interest, why should people blame "ooters" and "day trippers" for the lack of atmosphere UNLESS you're claiming they outnumber the locals significantly? Doesn't take many AWAY supporters to make a noise, blaming lack of atmosphere on those who don't sing or make noise is rather deflecting from those that claim they do sing and make noise. Are they not ST holders? Were they not there?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:38 am

Owzat wrote:Just out of interest, why should people blame "ooters" and "day trippers" for the lack of atmosphere UNLESS you're claiming they outnumber the locals significantly? Doesn't take many AWAY supporters to make a noise, blaming lack of atmosphere on those who don't sing or make noise is rather deflecting from those that claim they do sing and make noise. Are they not ST holders? Were they not there?

When you get told to be quiet or do you mind im trying to watch the match when your singing or stand up when were on the attack by some fella whos been to one game it does your head in Owzat, Thats what football is all about in my eyes not sitting there with your mobile or camera waiting to take a pic so you can show your mates you went the match
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:46 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Owzat wrote:Just out of interest, why should people blame "ooters" and "day trippers" for the lack of atmosphere UNLESS you're claiming they outnumber the locals significantly? Doesn't take many AWAY supporters to make a noise, blaming lack of atmosphere on those who don't sing or make noise is rather deflecting from those that claim they do sing and make noise. Are they not ST holders? Were they not there?

When you get told to be quiet or do you mind im trying to watch the match when your singing or stand up when were on the attack by some fella whos been to one game it does your head in Owzat, Thats what football is all about in my eyes not sitting there with your mobile or camera waiting to take a pic so you can show your mates you went the match

well trust me that aint the 'ooters' its the fickle fans. my lot can make more noise than most.

geography doesnt ruin the atmosphere, idiots do.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:05 am

Just watched the game, happy we got the three points.

The first half almost put me to sleep though, typical Liverpool performance from a CL hangover, the only thing of note was Gerrards terrible dive. Hes getting worse with this, and in his autobiography he slated the likes of Ronaldo for this, he is hypocritical.

The second half was a bit better, Skertel, Lucas and Babel did nothing for me today, the latter being the biggest dissapointment.

Gerrard and Torres again getting the decisive goals for us. The pair of them are a frightening prospect for any defence.

Kuyt had another really good industrious game, Alonso in the first half looked good but faded IMO in the second.

Well in lads. :)
66-1112520797

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 am

Gerrard got clipped. Spencer Prior gave it a tick in the dive box - Robbie Slater didn't. Very debatable. Personally I thought he got clipped on the way - no penalty just unfortunate.
Seano Kop

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion