BLACKBURN ROVERS VS LIVERPOOL - Will we beat blackburn?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:37 am

peewee wrote:why do all your posts look like poems, sort it out mate  :D

small minds think alike. :shifty
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:37 am

KOPMATT wrote:
peewee wrote:
KOPMATT wrote:
peewee wrote:
KOPMATT wrote:Can't believe we just drew that game? We were so on top IMO,

maybe you just saw the last 15 minutes

I disagree there ok we didn't dominate the whole game but thought we had by far the better of the chances and their keeper worked far harder than ours did for 90 minutes.
So are you saying we were :censored: for 75mins and only good for 15mins?

yea mate thats what i am saying, as for our keeper not working, yeah thats right he never got anywhere near the two shots that hit the woodwork.

the fact is we only started to play at the end when we got desperate, one attempt we had in the first half. ONE. yet you think we dominated the game     :D

come on get real

I already said we didn't dominate the gane but \I THOUGHT WE DESERVED TO WIN IT

i get your point but i have the philosophy that if we deserved to win then we would have won. you do not deserve to win if you do not score goals
112-1077774096

Postby Listern » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:37 am

why don't you focus on the content
and not how it is packaged?
you'd hardly complain about the packet
a condom comes in when your gf wants
fun time.
Listern

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:38 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:

small minds think alike. :shifty

yeah i notice you beat me to it, yours must be just a little smaller

:D
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:39 am

Listern wrote:

why don't you focus on the content
and not how it is packaged?
you'd hardly complain about the packet
a condom comes in when your gf wants
fun time.

no, that one doest rhyme either    :p
112-1077774096

Postby puroresu » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:41 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
JohnBull wrote:The problems are starting to come from two sides now.

The main problem is Raffa's insistence on the two holding midfielders  and one up front. This is the system that worked so well in Valencia and he's trying to repeat it here. The problem is that you need two good holding players and we've got one, Mascarano.  Sissoko, the same as Sammi, is becoming a liability and no matter how much good work is done by Mascarano, it is undone by Sissoko's awful play. Carra is runnning himself to a standstill covering Sammi's mistakes. We do not have a forward capable of being a lone striker.
We've spent more than enough money to be able to ride the storm of injuries but the purchases made are not up to the job and as long as Raffa persists with this 4-3-2-1 system the more we will be caught out by the shortcomings of the squad.  I don't know if the coaches in La Liga are thicker than those here but the Premiership coaches seem to be able to close down our game plan at will. We must have the narrowest attacking formation I've ever seen.

The second problem I can see is the man himself. Raffa's insistence on not playing some players and playing others who are way off form can only be put down to selfish stubborness. He is putting his position before the good of the team and seems to feel he is bigger than the club. A fault he appeared to attribute to Gerrard recently. You can see that the team are happier playing with Crouch up front and you can see the chances the boy creates. Why doesn't he play him ? There is absolutely no sensible reason in my view.

The coming transfer window will show how much other clubs and managers value Crouch who's treatment this season has been an utter disgrace. I honestly do not know how Raffa can look at the boy in the face when he gives him his regular 15 minutes chance of glory.

"Raffa Out" ?  Sounds dramatic but I can see it coming !

Cant have your "main problem" mate, which is apparently "Rafas insistence on two holding midfielders"

We played 433 against Arsenal, with Voronin and Kuyt with Torres up front. We played an orthodox 442 against Beskitas, Gerrard and Mascherano with Babel and Pennant on the wings. Against Everton it was two holding midfielders I will give you that one. Against Spurs it was Gerrard and Mascherano with two up top.

I cant see how "he" is trying to repeat it here mate.

do u honestly believe that was 4-3-3 v arsenal.  I aint seen no side play such a negative 4-3-3 system.
puroresu

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:45 am

Heres a poem ive just done
The game against everton we won
Kuyt had scored two
although we were poo
the reaction of the bitters was fun !

Yeah pleased with that !
Last edited by Kharhaz on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:50 am

puroresu wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
JohnBull wrote:The problems are starting to come from two sides now.

The main problem is Raffa's insistence on the two holding midfielders  and one up front. This is the system that worked so well in Valencia and he's trying to repeat it here. The problem is that you need two good holding players and we've got one, Mascarano.  Sissoko, the same as Sammi, is becoming a liability and no matter how much good work is done by Mascarano, it is undone by Sissoko's awful play. Carra is runnning himself to a standstill covering Sammi's mistakes. We do not have a forward capable of being a lone striker.
We've spent more than enough money to be able to ride the storm of injuries but the purchases made are not up to the job and as long as Raffa persists with this 4-3-2-1 system the more we will be caught out by the shortcomings of the squad.  I don't know if the coaches in La Liga are thicker than those here but the Premiership coaches seem to be able to close down our game plan at will. We must have the narrowest attacking formation I've ever seen.

The second problem I can see is the man himself. Raffa's insistence on not playing some players and playing others who are way off form can only be put down to selfish stubborness. He is putting his position before the good of the team and seems to feel he is bigger than the club. A fault he appeared to attribute to Gerrard recently. You can see that the team are happier playing with Crouch up front and you can see the chances the boy creates. Why doesn't he play him ? There is absolutely no sensible reason in my view.

The coming transfer window will show how much other clubs and managers value Crouch who's treatment this season has been an utter disgrace. I honestly do not know how Raffa can look at the boy in the face when he gives him his regular 15 minutes chance of glory.

"Raffa Out" ?  Sounds dramatic but I can see it coming !

Cant have your "main problem" mate, which is apparently "Rafas insistence on two holding midfielders"

We played 433 against Arsenal, with Voronin and Kuyt with Torres up front. We played an orthodox 442 against Beskitas, Gerrard and Mascherano with Babel and Pennant on the wings. Against Everton it was two holding midfielders I will give you that one. Against Spurs it was Gerrard and Mascherano with two up top.

I cant see how "he" is trying to repeat it here mate.

do u honestly believe that was 4-3-3 v arsenal.  I aint seen no side play such a negative 4-3-3 system.

Missed the point, we never had two defensive central midfielders was the thing.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:51 am

Kharhaz wrote:Heres a poem ive just done
The game against everton we won
Kuyt had scored two
although we were poo
the reaction of the bitters was fun !

Yeah pleased with that !

Technically thats a limerick, but I will let you have it.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:52 am

Why thank you.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:53 am

The match thread will be locked shortly.  Kindly post all discussion in the post-match analysis thread.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby KOPMATT » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:55 am

peewee wrote:
KOPMATT wrote:
peewee wrote:
KOPMATT wrote:
peewee wrote:
KOPMATT wrote:Can't believe we just drew that game? We were so on top IMO,

maybe you just saw the last 15 minutes

I disagree there ok we didn't dominate the whole game but thought we had by far the better of the chances and their keeper worked far harder than ours did for 90 minutes.
So are you saying we were :censored: for 75mins and only good for 15mins?

yea mate thats what i am saying, as for our keeper not working, yeah thats right he never got anywhere near the two shots that hit the woodwork.

the fact is we only started to play at the end when we got desperate, one attempt we had in the first half. ONE. yet you think we dominated the game     :D

come on get real

I already said we didn't dominate the gane but \I THOUGHT WE DESERVED TO WIN IT

i get your point but i have the philosophy that if we deserved to win then we would have won. you do not deserve to win if you do not score goals

So we didn't derserve to win in athens then they were the better team over 90 mins?
KOPMATT

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:08 am

Head to the post-match thread for further discussion--this one is now locked.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion