FC PORTO VS LIVERPOOL 18th Sept - All Pre Match discussions here....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:08 pm

Time to forget about the pompey match. This is the big one. A victory here....and we would have won our hardest game in the group.

This is the team i would like to see...

Reina
    Finnan   Carra    Agger  Arbeloa
   Pennant  Gerrard  Mascherano  Riise/Yossi
             Kuyt
                         Torres

All the way i have maintained that we won't win the premier league this season...Arsenal will.

So i will be happy if rafa concentrates on champions league.
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:33 pm

The_Rock wrote:Time to forget about the pompey match.

what game's that then? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:46 pm

OOooo you are fickle, if we'd won you wouldnt want to forget it  :D

:help
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:31 pm

OneHotRed wrote:

OOooo you are fickle, if we'd won you wouldnt want to forget it  :D

:help

hey......keep that word from this thread.

If i read that word one more time.....i am gonna  :angry: .....

:p
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:43 pm

The_Rock wrote:All the way i have maintained that we won't won the premier league this season...Arsenal will.

Well you can be sure that we won't win the league if Rafa concentrates solely on the UCL.

But why the defeatist attitude?
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Really strange feeling about this match, at the moment I couldn't give a fk about the CL. Hopefully by the time it comes round I will feel differently. I would happily settle for a draw.
account deleted by request

Postby slickrick » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:04 pm

surely all the reinforcements will line out against porto!
i think we will definately win but would have preferred 3 points today!
slickrick

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:15 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:All the way i have maintained that we won't won the premier league this season...Arsenal will.

Well you can be sure that we won't win the league if Rafa concentrates solely on the UCL.

But why the defeatist attitude?

Because i don't think we will ever win the premier league if rafa rotates like he does.....

Chelsea, Manure and Arsenal all had players out on international duty. But they all put in the strongest teams. But Rafa keeps doing what his "thing".... We won't win the league this way.

I also think he doesn't really buy players who will excel well in the physical and cut-throat speed league like in england.

some examples

I mean Babel is fast....But i still don't rate him...I don't know why. Maybe he isn't a winger...and might do better as a striker. Maybe i should say...he isn't the solution for our left flank.

Alonso will be an absolute god in italy or spain (ie....slower leagues). Here it is very easy to take him out of the game. Just close him down fast whenever he is has the ball and he is neutralized.... But you can be sure rafa will start he for almost all our games.

Then there is Crouch, Voronin & Kuyt

Anyway, the way i see it....Rafa is an awesome cup manager. He is good in europe. As long as we can avoid english opposition...we should be able to go far there.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:22 pm

We have a greater chance of winning the league than arsenal.  Their squad is not strong and even their first 11 doesnt have as much quality as the other big 3.  I expect to see them in 4th place by the end of the season, they are not good enough to stay top of the league thats for sure.
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:44 pm

The_Rock wrote:Because i don't think we will ever win the premier league if rafa rotates like he does.....

Chelsea, Manure and Arsenal all had players out on international duty. But they all put in the strongest teams. But Rafa keeps doing what his "thing".... We won't win the league this way.

I also think he doesn't really buy players who will excel well in the physical and cut-throat speed league like in england.

some examples

I mean Babel is fast....But i still don't rate him...I don't know why. Maybe he isn't a winger...and might do better as a striker. Maybe i should say...he isn't the solution for our left flank.

Alonso will be an absolute god in italy or spain (ie....slower leagues). Here it is very easy to take him out of the game. Just close him down fast whenever he is has the ball and he is neutralized.... But you can be sure rafa will start he for almost all our games.

Anyway, the way i see it....Rafa is an awesome cup manager. He is good in europe. As long as we can avoid english opposition...we should be able to go far there.

So Babel, Torres, Mascherano, Voronin, Agger and Reina don't qualify as 'physical and cut throat' ?

I disagree completely.

Alonso?

He's shown he's a class midfielder in this league.

Not every single player is going to have blistering pace, or immense physical prowess.

Alonso can more than hold his own in that department anyway.

You don't rate Babel? After how many games?

Rafa's rotation 'thing' as you put it, helped us achieve a record premiership points total.

Even still, after our best start to an EPL for a good while, you have no room for optimism for the remainder of the league season.

Fantastic attitude.
LFC2007

Postby AB's Red Army » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:10 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Because i don't think we will ever win the premier league if rafa rotates like he does.....

some examples

So Babel, Torres, Mascherano, Voronin, Agger and Reina don't qualify as 'physical and cut throat' ?

I disagree completely.

Alonso?

Not every single player is going to have blistering pace, or immense physical prowess.

Rafa's rotation 'thing' as you put it, helped us achieve a record premiership points total.

Even still, after our best start to an EPL for a good while, you have no room for optimism for the remainder of the league season.

Fantastic attitude.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby RedorDead » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:49 am

AB's Red Army wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

some examples

I disagree completely.

Alonso?

Fantastic attitude.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.

So do I.
I don't mind realism and even pesimism can be understandable at times but to say we have no hope is just plain wrong in my opinion, especially saying things like that about Xabi...he's been superb for three seasons. Babel has looked bright and direct and Torres too looks like he was born for the premiership.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:07 am

Porto is a port in Portugal famous for exporting port.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:17 am

Time to forget about the pompey match. This is the big one

Sorry mate no can do (forget the Pompey one) That was the big one we could of played the team that faced Pompey today against Porto, and our strongest side against Pompey.

At this present point in time I honestly couldnt give a feck about Porto, my mind is on the league and how we failed to capitalise against Portsmouth.
66-1112520797

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:54 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Time to forget about the pompey match. This is the big one

Sorry mate no can do (forget the Pompey one) That was the big one we could of played the team that faced Pompey today against Porto, and our strongest side against Pompey.

At this present point in time I honestly couldnt give a feck about Porto, my mind is on the league and how we failed to capitalise against Portsmouth.

In so many words I'd agree with that. Though of course I hope we win the game, if we go and beat them 2-0 with goals from Gerrard and Torres there will be more than a little of "what might have been" about any post match celebrations.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion