Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:52 am

Interesting comments on Talksport this morning, Micky Quinn (I think that's who it was) said that LFC had talks with Klopp to take over from Brendan but one of Klopp's requests was 100% control over signings/transfer dealings and FSG refused so Klopp knocked us back.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:04 am

leeroy74 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:52 am wrote:Interesting comments on Talksport this morning, Micky Quinn (I think that's who it was) said that LFC had talks with Klopp to take over from Brendan but one of Klopp's requests was 100% control over signings/transfer dealings and FSG refused so Klopp knocked us back.

I read a similar article last week, but didn't put much stock in it since it was only one report. I've heard BR will still have to work with the committee, so maybe it's true. Why does our club have to be run like a board game? It's like some crazy American experiment that will ruin our standing in football.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:22 am

Sami Hyypia on the coaching staff would be nice, but don't see it happening because our current manager will see him as too much of a threat
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:17 am

C-R » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:22 am wrote:Sami Hyypia on the coaching staff would be nice, but don't see it happening because our current manager will see him as too much of a threat

Given how we finished the season and the players we are bringing in this summer I'd say Rodgers job is in real threat so as you say he won't already want his successor to be onboard and to make any decision easy for the owners.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:15 pm

It does appears that FSG is quite happy to choose the cheap option by keeping this idiot BR who appears to have shifted the whole bad season’s blame on Mike Marsh who got the sack!.
By keeping this idiot BR in charge someone would expect to get more results the likes of C Palace and Stoke City next season and I would expect LFC  fans ought to get used to these facts.

By keeping BR in charge of LFC who would bring the team standard even lower than last horrible season! And I am sure of that, you just watch his incoming signing, spending money unwisely like the best of examples in cases of Mario, which I am sure we wouldn’t get half of the £16M the club paid for him and other example of Markovic for £20M!. Despite of all the average signing we wouldn’t improve on 6th place finish or even lower, it is very much expected under this shitty manager.

Just watch what it will happen to the Sh*t Sterling saga! I would expect BR to sell him to the scum M. United, that it would be a laugh! LFC is becoming a total shambles of a football club under the control of FSG and their idiot BR.. It is a reminiscing of Leeds United decline which it will be copied on LFC.
SG had said one day he would love to manage LFC in few years to come, he might get his wish to do so when he would find LFC in lower division.

I really doubt if LFC would progress positively under the control of FSG and their mediocre manager.
algymoon

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:00 pm

There must be a rich Sheik out there thats bored and got a spare billion knocking about to throw at worldies....

Surely ?

If that Klopp rumour is true then that really is depressing........
Kopite-Jud

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:15 pm

algymoon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:15 pm wrote:It does appears that FSG is quite happy to choose the cheap option by keeping this idiot BR who appears to have shifted the whole bad season’s blame on Mike Marsh who got the sack!.
By keeping this idiot BR in charge someone would expect to get more results the likes of C Palace and Stoke City next season and I would expect LFC  fans ought to get used to these facts.

By keeping BR in charge of LFC who would bring the team standard even lower than last horrible season! And I am sure of that, you just watch his incoming signing, spending money unwisely like the best of examples in cases of Mario, which I am sure we wouldn’t get half of the £16M the club paid for him and other example of Markovic for £20M!. Despite of all the average signing we wouldn’t improve on 6th place finish or even lower, it is very much expected under this shitty manager.

Just watch what it will happen to the Sh*t Sterling saga! I would expect BR to sell him to the scum M. United, that it would be a laugh! LFC is becoming a total shambles of a football club under the control of FSG and their idiot BR.. It is a reminiscing of Leeds United decline which it will be copied on LFC.
SG had said one day he would love to manage LFC in few years to come, he might get his wish to do so when he would find LFC in lower division.

I really doubt if LFC would progress positively under the control of FSG and their mediocre manager.

to be fair FSG did try to get Klopp and get rid of BR but Klopp didn't agree to FSG terms so walked away from the offer  (only quoting what was on talksport this morning).

so they weren't really bothered about the 'cheap' option of keeping BR, if true then they were intent to stand the millions in compo they'd have to pay BR.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Paul Joyce (Express) has just posted the following....

Liverpool set to part company with assistant manager Colin Pascoe as further part backroom shake up.

Another one BR has thrown under the bus by looks of it

EDIT... alledgedly... Rene Mulensteen is liked by #LFC and would be under consideration as an assistant.

Add to the fact the Robbie Fowler has just passed his A licence, certainly makes things interesting.  Sami Hyppia another name mentioned.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:40 pm

C-R » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:26 pm wrote:Paul Joyce (Express) has just posted the following....

Liverpool set to part company with assistant manager Colin Pascoe as further part backroom shake up.

EDIT... alledgedly... Rene Mulensteen is liked by #LFC and would be under consideration as an assistant.

Add to the fact the Robbie Fowler has just passed his A licence, certainly makes things interesting.  Sami Hyppia another name mentioned.

looks like the ones who actually call the shots and make the decisions (i.e FSG, Ayre, Rodgers and the transfer committee) are keeping their jobs but the ones at the bottom of the ladder are taking the blame.
I suppose sport is no different to real life in that respect.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:58 pm

C-R » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:26 pm wrote:Paul Joyce (Express) has just posted the following....

Really surprised at that TBH. Would he really hang both of those out to dry ?

If he didn't and its part of the shake-up then I can see him walking as well as opposed to working with people FSG appointed.

Robbie fowler  and sami  :eyebrow  Think we need to be looking for a bit more experience than that  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:33 pm

C-R » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:26 pm wrote:Paul Joyce (Express) has just posted the following....

Should fire someone from that transfer committee if we want to make a change.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:33 pm

Hyypia and Fowler would be good to get on board Hyypia one of our best defenders in history and has had coaching experience with Brighton and Fowler might be able to show our strikers how to hit the net. Cant see BR liking this at all

On the other hand Rene Mulensteen the same Rene Mulensteen who spent 8 years with Manchester United ??

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:03 pm

The cynic in me thinks Rodgers is being undermined here with Pascoe and Marsh being given the boot and FSG want him to jump rather than being pushed so they don't have to pay up the rest of his contract
Doeboy

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Is there any confiirmation that BRs job is safe I mean when KK went under FSG

Firstly Damien Comolii went
Then Steve Clark and Keith Keen
Finally The king was sacked

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:11 pm

Ps I really do think this is the beginning of the end for Rodgers. If, as I Believe, FSG are calling these shots, it is going to make BR's position quite difficult and I really do see a rocky first few months at the start of next season
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion