If You was Rodgers..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:45 pm

What would your formation and tactics be on current form? He's struggling to find our best 11 and the formation to go with that.

Mingnolet

Johnson             Skrtel           Lovren                Enrique

Henderson     Gerrard          Lallana

Coutiniho

Sterling         
                                       Ballotelli
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:59 pm

If I was Rodgers I'd draw a line under one era and look to the future. I said in the match thread that this result reminded me of the Worcester, Watford and City games which are writ large in our history as 3 of the worst results in our history but also 3 turning points.
The likes of Johnson and Gerrard need to go IMO and then we will have to look at where other players stand in the grand scheme of things, for instance with Gerrard out of the side would we then need so many midfield grafters?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Couldn't agree more Yakka.

It has to start somewhere.

Whether Rodgers has the bal.ls to do it is other thing.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:59 pm wrote:If I was Rodgers I'd draw a line under one era and look to the future. I said in the match thread that this result reminded me of the Worcester, Watford and City games which are writ large in our history as 3 of the worst results in our history but also 3 turning points.
The likes of Johnson and Gerrard need to go IMO and then we will have to look at where other players stand in the grand scheme of things, for instance with Gerrard out of the side would we then need so many midfield grafters?

balls yakka.
he has bought more than enough players to replace those lads and failed miserably. johnson isn't even being given a new contract but yet he keeps playing him, he plays him because he has nothing better.
the transition of those players should have happened by now and it hasnt because of his failed buy's. we are in this mess as a direct result of his policy and the players he has bought.
gerrard, johnson and skrtel are all that remain from that era and if you think replacing them will instantly make us a better side then you are misguided.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:24 pm

If I was Rodgers, I would admit I'm not good enough, rectify my mistakes that I have been doing for the past 3 years and buy quality players instead of average ones.

or, just admit I'm not good enough for Liverpool FC and leave the next day.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:59 pm wrote:If I was Rodgers I'd draw a line under one era and look to the future. I said in the match thread that this result reminded me of the Worcester, Watford and City games which are writ large in our history as 3 of the worst results in our history but also 3 turning points.

"If I was Rodgers I'd draw a line under one era and look to the future"

Yeah , think he's already said he'd like to manage in Spain. I wish him the very best of luck with that, an offer can't come soon enough   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:31 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:59 pm wrote:If I was Rodgers I'd draw a line under one era and look to the future. I said in the match thread that this result reminded me of the Worcester, Watford and City games which are writ large in our history as 3 of the worst results in our history but also 3 turning points.

balls yakka.
he has bought more than enough players to replace those lads and failed miserably. johnson isn't even being given a new contract but yet he keeps playing him, he plays him because he has nothing better.
the transition of those players should have happened by now and it hasnt because of his failed buy's. we are in this mess as a direct result of his policy and the players he has bought.
gerrard, johnson and skrtel are all that remain from that era and if you think replacing them will instantly make us a better side then you are misguided.

Those players need dropping before we can move on. Gerrard playing as the deep playmaker has just moved the 'centre of gravity' of our team from somewhere in the oppositions half to somewhere just infront of our own back 4, the result of which is that we have regressed into if not a long ball side then a definitely a Hollywood ball side.
Our playmaker should be playing just outside the opposition box feeding 10 and 15 yard through balls through, not 40 and 50 yard through balls.
Gerrard has always been a great individual player but he's not a team player, he can't knit a midfield together. He's always influenced teams by doing something individually brilliant he's never been a small cog in something much bigger. Whenever he plays our midfield looks like a collection of poor individual players, there's just no synergy there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:59 pm wrote:If I was Rodgers I'd draw a line under one era and look to the future. I said in the match thread that this result reminded me of the Worcester, Watford and City games which are writ large in our history as 3 of the worst results in our history but also 3 turning points.

and who do we replace Gerrard with right now Yakka? Emre Can? who is always injured and didn't show much when he played? We all know Captain Fantastic is past his best but why  didn't Rodgers address it in the summer? Song was available on loan and he would have been a quality addition, instead we didn't go for him and we payed 10m on a ''potential'' who can't even get a game.

So far Rodgers has spent Sh*t load of money for the past 3 years on potential signings instead of signing players who would ACTUALLY improve our starting 11. Only Coutinho and Sturridge are the good signings out of 25 players (or less) he has signed for the past 3 years.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:36 pm

And once again Yakka identifies Gerrard as the problem  :veryangry

Not sure if you saw the game today Yakka, but there was nobody making any runs for a "playmaker" to actually put any balls through too  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:43 pm

Hello everyone long time no chat...

If I was Rogers I would probably be asking for some money to bring in some proven players in January. I'm sure most of the young players he brought in will turn out good in a few years, we needed to be moving on from last season and the that level which we were at looks beyond a lot of the players he has brought in. BTW is this forum now tapatalk friendly?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:54 pm

metalhead » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:34 pm wrote:

and who do we replace Gerrard with right now Yakka? Emre Can? who is always injured and didn't show much when he played? We all know Captain Fantastic is past his best but why  didn't Rodgers address it in the summer? Song was available on loan and he would have been a quality addition, instead we didn't go for him and we payed 10m on a ''potential'' who can't even get a game.

So far Rodgers has spent Sh*t load of money for the past 3 years on potential signings instead of signing players who would ACTUALLY improve our starting 11. Only Coutinho and Sturridge are the good signings out of 25 players (or less) he has signed for the past 3 years.

I agree with you mate, I was saying all summer we should have broke the bank to sign someone like Barkley or Pogba who we could have built a side around for the next decade and Rodgers over reliance (and refusal to even rest) Gerrard deffo goes against the manager.
Rodgers has made a lot of mistakes but I'd stick with him because I believe his philosophy is the right way forward, in fact IMO the reason we are playing so bad is because we have veered away from his philosophy. Look at us play, we are practically a long ball side now.
Rodgers should be picking players to suit his own system not players to suit the papers, that is the problem with young managers, they are often in awe of the big names.
Brendan is making mistakes left right and centre but his core philosophy is the right one and that is why I'd stick with him, but there needs to be a huge shake up at the club and he has to stop trying to be everyone's mate and start becoming the single minded winner the likes of Shankly, Paisley, Clough and Ferguson were in their day.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sgs » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:01 pm

Its not about players, its about the manager. Peeps need to stop making excuses for the manager!

I said last season that our football wasn't sustainable. It lacked so much balance it bothered on coaching malpractice! I remember especially the away game at Stoke and feeling embarrassed in spite of the win...

Yes without LS we have had to change our approach, but we have never addressed our lack of balance, and are conceding the same type of goals we did 3yrs ago when BR took over. There are gaps in that defence behind the fullbacks, gaps in front of the CDs, gaps between the fullbacks and the CDs...

We have very good defenders individually, but we cannot play defense! What is more, we signed a GK whose two legs barely keep him upright, yet play out of the back. The manager's ego (plus Reina's stupidity) stopped him from using the GK who fit the approach. Now we have Borini in the same boat. His movement and work rate best suit the dynamic attacking game the manager favors, but his ego wont let him invest in the Italian.

Same ego that stopped him from seeing the value in keeping Steve Clarke when he took over....

We have a manager who has clearly lost his way. If he doesn't fix it, I doubt that scapegoating Balotelli and the injury to Sturridge will save him.
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:06 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:14 pm wrote:balls yakka.

Couldn't agree more  :bowdown

Also, tactics aside (I use the term tactics in relation to Rodgers very loosely) the sight of Borini coming on, a player Rodgers for months now has been desperately but unsuccessfully trying to get out of the door , the sight of Borini coming on whilst Lalana , one of Rodgers'  multi million £ signings who actually has some skill is sat rooted on the bench chewing his teeth just about demolishes any faith I had in BR to lead us forward.

For me at least it's apparent that without the world talent that we lost in the summer Rodgers is now flailing. to be fair he's also lost Sturridge for most of this season BUT given the massive bag of cash he was provided with to allow Liverpool to push on despite the loss of Suarez Rodgers has f'ucked up a great opportunity.

With Suarez we may have over achieved last season but with Suarez gone and Rodgers in charge,Top four finish this season ? I no longer see it   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Rogers is a young manager so hopefully he is wise enough to learn from his mistakes. Have to wonder through what the owners may be thinking.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:31 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:14 pm wrote:

balls yakka.

Those players need dropping before we can move on. Gerrard playing as the deep playmaker has just moved the 'centre of gravity' of our team from somewhere in the oppositions half to somewhere just infront of our own back 4, the result of which is that we have regressed into if not a long ball side then a definitely a Hollywood ball side.
Our playmaker should be playing just outside the opposition box feeding 10 and 15 yard through balls through, not 40 and 50 yard through balls.
Gerrard has always been a great individual player but he's not a team player, he can't knit a midfield together. He's always influenced teams by doing something individually brilliant he's never been a small cog in something much bigger. Whenever he plays our midfield looks like a collection of poor individual players, there's just no synergy there.

whoever plays in that midfield looks like a poor collection because they keep getting overun and passed out of the game. that wont change minus gerrard.
disagree that he isnt a team player, he just can't carry them anymore and no one else is stepping up to the plate. absolutely no one.
we are 3 years in and for me its criminal that we are reduced to hoof ball stuff, especially after spending so much money on so many dud's and the better one's we got are just average. coutinho is the only lad with a bit of magic about him and he keep's subbing him. lallana sits's on the bench and markovic at home ?
rodgers has a lot more to answer for than just overplaying gerrard in my book.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion