Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Theres no harm in changing things around, in fact this could be the making of Rodgers? With a new assistant and first team coach we might see more passion and commitment from the players?
Im more interested in who comes in as their replacements than what new players are on the way
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:11 pm

As mentioned previously, it looks like a DoF and Head Coach will be installed quite soon (this is what the review is recommending). FSG are being very tight lipped, can't say I blame them for that. However, if a DoF is installed, i'd expect the DoF to pick all of the coaching staff, that includes Head Coach. Right now that would be BR in that role.

So a Head Coach can ask for certain individuals, but under this DoF scenario, there is no guarantee of getting them. I guess it depends on how LFC implement the role of DoF, but if it goes to plan BR will get some say, but he will most definately not be final decision maker. He may yet walk.

Btw, the review actually involved those conducting it to watch training and how coaches interacted with the players, basically they could see that it was not working and deemed it a terrible setup. Last season when the review started, they had concerns about the defence, this led to LFC bringing in several defenders BR asked for.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:31 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:08 pm wrote:Is there any confiirmation that BRs job is safe I mean when KK went under FSG

Firstly Damien Comolii went
Then Steve Clark and Keith Keen
Finally The king was sacked

I was thinking the same thing myself earlier on today but according to today's Echo Milner sought assurances from the board that Rodgers would not be getting sacked in the near future and the club told him he wouldn't.
Looks like FSG have given him one more full season to get it right which is fair enough I suppose after finishing 2nd just 12 months ago.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Theres no doubt that any clout Rodgers had, and any say he had with regards to a DOF or his assistants has disappeared now. He is humbled and cant demand anything any more. Only success brings that sort of power. Whether he can flourish without power remains to be seen, but has basically been castrated due to his own decisions.
The next few months will be interesting to say the least...
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Kash_Mountain » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:11 pm wrote:As mentioned previously, it looks like a DoF and Head Coach will be installed quite soon (this is what the review is recommending). FSG are being very tight lipped, can't say I blame them for that. However, if a DoF is installed, i'd expect the DoF to pick all of the coaching staff, that includes Head Coach. Right now that would be BR in that role.

So a Head Coach can ask for certain individuals, but under this DoF scenario, there is no guarantee of getting them. I guess it depends on how LFC implement the role of DoF, but if it goes to plan BR will get some say, but he will most definately not be final decision maker. He may yet walk.

Btw, the review actually involved those conducting it to watch training and how coaches interacted with the players, basically they could see that it was not working and deemed it a terrible setup. Last season when the review started, they had concerns about the defence, this led to LFC bringing in several defenders BR asked for.

As long as they are football people who actually achieved something in the game then it will be an upgrade on what we currently have. Doubt these clowns will though  :no Its more likely they will fill it with ex-players to placate the fans.

If they have been watching the training and found problems then that has to fall on rodgers. They are his methods or are we to believe that they weren't.
By all the reports now beginning to break over the shake up it is beginning to look like brenny is a rat who chucked his mates overboard to save his own skin. If he has any loyalty to them he would walk. If anything my money is on the players having a problem with rodgers more so than marsh or pascoe. What a fooking cop out.

I honestly cannot fooking wait to hear the absolute shyte they come out with in the official explanation for all this.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:07 pm

red till i die!! » Jun 5th, '15, 22:57 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:11 pm wrote:As mentioned previously, it looks like a DoF and Head Coach will be installed quite soon (this is what the review is recommending). FSG are being very tight lipped, can't say I blame them for that. However, if a DoF is installed, i'd expect the DoF to pick all of the coaching staff, that includes Head Coach. Right now that would be BR in that role.

As long as they are football people who actually achieved something in the game then it will be an upgrade on what we currently have. Doubt these clowns will though  :no Its more likely they will fill it with ex-players to placate the fans.

If they have been watching the training and found problems then that has to fall on rodgers. They are his methods or are we to believe that they weren't.
By all the reports now beginning to break over the shake up it is beginning to look like brenny is a rat who chucked his mates overboard to save his own skin. If he has any loyalty to them he would walk. If anything my money is on the players having a problem with rodgers more so than marsh or pascoe. What a fooking cop out.

I honestly cannot fooking wait to hear the absolute shyte they come out with in the official explanation for all this.

Yep, it certainly does look like BR ratted on his coaching staff to save his own skin. Most of the players do have issues with BR, SG for instance, BR didn't want him, same with Lucas and a good number of others.  Will be interesting to see how next season pans out, though with the way things are going, I wouldn't actually be surprised if BR walks, his whole back room has been stripped. He should be gone as well, we'll see in the next few days.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:28 am

LFC1990 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:33 am wrote:Hyypia and Fowler would be good to get on board Hyypia one of our best defenders in history and has had coaching experience with Brighton and Fowler might be able to show our strikers how to hit the net. Cant see BR liking this at all

On the other hand Rene Mulensteen the same Rene Mulensteen who spent 8 years with Manchester United ??

Hyppia yes. Fowler no (no spice boys).

We need professionally coaches now. The squad is filled with players with weak spine. No mentality. No pride. Just a bunch a weaklings who give up easily.

I would take Hyppia & Rene Mulensteen.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Neil Jones (Liverpool Echo)....

Neil Jones - Basically, the proposal [Pascoe & Marsh leaving] was put to Rodgers, and he, after discussion, signed up.

Neil Jones - This will certainly affect Rodgers & his network of power. The perception is that whoever comes in will be FSG appointments.

Neil Jones - FSG want more experience. They're also aware that they have sacrificed someone [Marsh] with a genuine affinity to #LFC

Full story can be found here... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/co ... ff-9402141
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Rodgers massively undermined here and weakens his position considerably. Can really only see this ending in one way and will be genuinely surprised if BR is still in the job come Xmas.

FSG obviously not happy and will be having there own imput as to who comes in to make up the backroom staff and I'm not sure BR is in a position to kick back on anyone FSG suggest.

This kind of thing is very unusual and writing on the wall for BR imo
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Doeboy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:34 pm wrote:Rodgers massively undermined here and weakens his position considerably. Can really only see this ending in one way and will be genuinely surprised if BR is still in the job come Xmas.

FSG obviously not happy and will be having there own imput as to who comes in to make up the backroom staff and I'm not sure BR is in a position to kick back on anyone FSG suggest.

Might well be FSG's plan, take away BR's yes men and appoint there own people thus forcing BR to walk away and therefor FSG no longer have to pay BR the reported 10 million if they were to sack him
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:45 pm

C-R » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:43 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:34 pm wrote:Rodgers massively undermined here and weakens his position considerably. Can really only see this ending in one way and will be genuinely surprised if BR is still in the job come Xmas.

Might well be FSG's plan, take away BR's yes men and appoint there own people thus forcing BR to walk away and therefor FSG no longer have to pay BR the reported 10 million if they were to sack him

Yep have thought that to. Hiring the backroom staff more or less for him indicates they don't particular have confidence or trust him.

Can't imagine any of the other managers in the league would be too happy with this kind of thing happening/put up with it and who knows if Rodgers can build a relationship with any of the guys who come in. Whole situation stinks in my opinion and isn't good for the club and will only create problems further down the line.

If FSG are not happy with things, then should have told Rodgers that's your lot and brought someone else in. Removing back room staff and bringing in their own men leaves them with a manager who quite clearly knows that his bosses don't trust him and that is no good for the best interests of the club.

I really hope this isn't the case and things do work out however sadly I can see this only heading in one way and the main thing is it will be detrimental to the club
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:56 pm

It depends how it plays out, if Rodgers has an input to who his new back room team are then it won't be too bad but if it's FSG as FSG alone who are appointing Pascoe's and Marsh successors then I can't see it ending well.
Must admit it doesn't reflect too good on Rodgers that he agreed for his back room team to go but he stays in position himself.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Pako is the latest name linked....

Ex-Liverpool coach Pako Ayestaran is available this summer and could rejoin his former club, who have just last night released assistant manager Colin Pascoe following Mike Marsh’s earlier exit, the Daily Star speculate.

The Spaniard worked alongside Benitez at Valencia and then followed the 55-year-old to Anfield in 2004, where he spent three years working as assistant manager, before moving on to Benfica.

Ayestaran is currently manager of Israeli outfit Maccabi Tel Aviv and led the team to the first ever treble in Israeli football, winning the Championship, State Cup, and the Toto Cup.

However, the Star indicates that Ayestaran is considering a fresh challenge and a switch back to Liverpool could entice him.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:07 pm

I get the feeling FSG are going to be pulling the strings when it comes to the new guys coming in and Rodgers position is such, that I don't think he can kick back to much if he doesn't agree with their suggestions.

He doesn't have the personality or record of success to do that and ultimately he will just become a yes man.
Doeboy

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Jun 6th, '15, 17:56 wrote:It depends how it plays out, if Rodgers has an input to who his new back room team are then it won't be too bad but if it's FSG as FSG alone who are appointing Pascoe's and Marsh successors then I can't see it ending well.
Must admit it doesn't reflect too good on Rodgers that he agreed for his back room team to go but he stays in position himself.

BR will not be getting any say with regards to who is brought in, which begs the question, why not just fire him like Marsh and Pascoe, BR is the main culprit. Maybe there is more then one way to skin a cat, as the saying goes......

FSG will bring in Coaches based on what a certain individual is saying and taking responsibility for making the changes. This person, who will remain nameless, has been taking advice from one specific third party (there has been a number of people involved with the major top down review that has been going on for months and months now), and will have a very good idea and understanding of the direction he wants to take / go.

Plenty more changes will be made, but this may not be seen through games being played / team performances.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion