Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Boocity » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:40 pm

It was pretty obvious he was going to stay if they were talking with Milner, BR wants him and they wouldn't be making any signings yet if a new manager was coming in
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:21 pm

If it's true that Rodgers will stay then we'll have to put all our hopes in us fellas on the whinge committee being wrong. If we're right, then we're also fu<ked.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Mikz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Really hope this season he addresses our defensive frailities.. build from the back we cant go on leaking goals like a sieve...

Danny ings will improve our forward line, and milner will strengthen the midfield..he add some , i duno something

Origi coming eventually. Might turn out to be a sensation, who knows.

Maybe a gem will unearth from our conveyer of talented youth. Think Positive  :oops:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:47 pm

Mikz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:46 pm wrote:Really hope this season he addresses our defensive frailities.. build from the back we cant go on leaking goals like a sieve...

Danny ings will improve our forward line, and milner will strengthen the midfield..he add some , i duno something

Origi coming eventually. Might turn out to be a sensation, who knows.

Maybe a gem will unearth from our conveyer of talented youth. Think Positive  :oops:

I'm afraid to say that Danny Ings will be nothing more than a benchwarmer just like Rickie Lambert. Ings isn't the answer to an improved forward line and I seriously hope we don't sign him. We don't need him. I have my doubts with Origi too. I think he will be an average striker. None of these players have any capability to game change or produce world class goalscoring performances. We need a world class striker, end of.
mramo

Postby Soupyzrx » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:01 pm

I thought the meeting was tomorrow and just heard on the radio that he's staying on as manager and that he and Tom Werner have agreed an 'improvement plan' for the future. Ha! I'd love to get a read at that....
1. Stop buying shite players.
2. Buy some good players for a wee change.
3. Mebbe even buy one or two great players?
4. Try and concentrate. Stop playing players out of their best position.
5. Stop saying stupid shit every time someone points a microphone at you.
6. Or even better, just S.T.F.U. altogether. Telling the world that 'we have a young team who were fantastic and did tremendously well' when even Stevie Wonder could see that they didn't, isn't big or clever.
7. Try and put a striker on the pitch now and again, assuming you bought one in points 2 or 3.

I always tried to be supportive of Rodgers, but lately I wanted him gone, just so's we could have a real change and new hope for next season. We need drastic changes. The team list is depressing.
I have to admit that I'm disappointed we're not getting that unknown to pin our hopes on.
I think we know what to expect next season.....
Dear god.....
Mind you, what the hell do I know about it? I just I hope I'm wrong. Fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes, everything crossed.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:55 pm

As above
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:19 am

I wonder what sort of target they have given him...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:36 am

redshade » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:19 pm wrote:I wonder what sort of target they have given him...

In the light of the end of season performances, I would guess the target is on his back, right between his shoulder blades. Anything less than a marked improvement by Christmas and there could be little red laser dots appearing on that target, I'd reckon.

Warner probably sat Brendan down and handed him a bullet with his name written on it and told him, "This is one of a matching pair. The other one will arrive much faster. Start getting it right, please."
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:05 am

In fairness to BR, he is only as good as his players. Borini, Lambert and an injured Sturridge will never win the league for him just as EggNogg and Robbie Keane never won it for previous managers.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:59 am

Reg » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:05 am wrote:In fairness to BR, he is only as good as his players. Borini, Lambert and an injured Sturridge will never win the league for him just as EggNogg and Robbie Keane never won it for previous managers.

The obvious thing to point out there, Reg, is that those signings are all BR's signings. Most (including Chelski and Man C) knew Borini wasn't good enough. Sturridge got shifted on by several clubs too. I'm afraid BR can't attract players capable of winning the league, and the LFC "brand" isn't quite so appealing anymore, and part of the reason for that is of course...BR
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:53 am

What I'm trying to say mate is that it will be difficult to perform a miracle just because he's had a bollocking from the owners when the squad he starts the season with is full of the same cr@p as last season. Its not like he's starting with a new squad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:29 am

Reg » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:53 am wrote:What I'm trying to say mate is that it will be difficult to perform a miracle just because he's had a bollocking from the owners when the squad he starts the season with is full of the same cr@p as last season. Its not like he's starting with a new squad.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I agree. I honestly feel we needed a new manager simply to wipe the slate clean. I reckon the edges of BRs sanity are frayed much like Moyes at Manure. I don't think the owners have a clue about football. I really think we're screwed.
RedAnt

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:31 am

I am in total disbelief that the owners are going to carry on exactly the same as last season.

With the transfer committe and that mug of a manager, I am not looking forward to next season.  I'm normally buzzing for who we're going to sign but i'm not one bit excited.

Imagine if United had kept Moyes ? they addressed that issue and put a stop to it straight away.  Why can't our owners see whats going on here ?

It's only a matter of time before another big club comes in and takes Coutinho off our hands.

I think we had a better squad with Biscan, Traore, Baros and the boys.  (Champions League)

But then again we had a class manager with a record to boot....

Im P!$$ed

VERY VERY P!$$ed
Kopite-Jud

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 am

problem with that scenario is Moyes never once showed signs of having any managerial nous - ever.  Whereas BR has got us so close in his second season and really surprised a few with the scintillating style of football he got the team to produce. Now minus one Suarez and minus an injured Sturridge he failed to fill the gaps and gel the team as before. However, he's been given a life line here for the coming season and I think we might just see a different BR next season, providing he gets the transfers right - that's the important bit.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:54 am

leeroy74 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:38 am wrote:problem with that scenario is Moyes never once showed signs of having any managerial nous - ever.  Whereas BR has got us so close in his second season and really surprised a few with the scintillating style of football he got the team to produce. Now minus one Suarez and minus an injured Sturridge he failed to fill the gaps and gel the team as before. However, he's been given a life line here for the coming season and I think we might just see a different BR next season, providing he gets the transfers right - that's the important bit.

Well mate, I hope you're right. But I doubt it. I fear too much is wrong, and a fair bit could be corrected by replacing BR. We don't need more lists of problems, but just take the final part of last season as an example. Poor performances and results aside, BRs failure to get anything at all from these players is very worrying. It seems Brendan has fell at almost every hurdle. I see no reason why it will be different next season. Moyes at least created team spirit and signed the right players for his plans. He did a pretty good job at Everton because the job suited him. The Manure job didn't suit him. One might say likewise BR suited Swansea, but Liverpool is much, much to big.
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion