Rodgers SACKED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:39 am

Reg » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:01 am wrote:So the whinge committee got what they wanted and now they turn on the owners for doing what they were screaming for?

You couldn't make it up. Petulant kids who are never satisfied - modern fans.

Oh come on Reg, they should have got rid of the snake oil selling charlatan back in May! What was the point of keeping him for a handful of games letting him spunk even more money down the drain on over-priced signings?!? 30m Firmino and 32m on Beneteke! Extraordinary!

You are defending the indefensible. Getting rid of him now is nothing but amateur hour from these muppets, in a long, long line of mistake riddled decisions during their tenure.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:03 am

Eds, we move forward so thank god for small mercies. Now we cheer up, turn a new page and preach positiveness. The dark clouds of negativeness are behind us.   
:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:34 am

Whilst I agree the fee for Firmino is a bit much, it is refreshing to know that Klopp tried to sign him, so there is a player he feels he can utilise in the squad.

If that is something to work with, and structure the team around, I am all for it.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:42 am

damjan193 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:24 pm wrote:Not that I'm against firing Rodgers, but this does really look like a complete fuckery and quite amateurish from the owners. We allow the manager to make a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, let him spend a Sh*t load of money, only to fire him and most of the staff we just hired after only 8 games. Carra is right, this should have been done in the summer. It's going to be very difficult for the new manager this way, the pressure's on him from the off.

I'm happy to see the back of Rodgers. As for the debate about whether we should have got rid of him in the summer, yes we probably should have BUT whilst many are criticizing  the owners not sacking him at that time personally I give them some credit for the decision (even though it was the wrong one) to give the manager a chance at one last throw of the dice and further credit to them for accepting that their gamble had failed and it was time for an immediate change.

Also let's not forget that in the summer FSG's apparent preferred replacement for Rodgers (Klopp)  had only just left Dortmund declaring he was going to take a year off, perhaps he wouldn't have been prepared to come too us at that particular moment in time ?, this also may have influenced FSG's decision to give Rodgers the opportunity for a final tilt at getting things right.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:46 am

Reg » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:03 am wrote:Eds, we move forward so thank god for small mercies. Now we cheer up, turn a new page and preach positiveness. The dark clouds of negativeness are behind us.   
:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Apparently Klopp is just "hours" away from becoming our new manager.

If that happens, as I said I will shut up and finally be made up with these yanks.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Mikz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:03 am

According to sky sports news, if he does come hes bringing THE BRAIN with him  :grinning:

A tactical genius , i feel encouraged already  :buttrock
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:48 am

Mikz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:03 pm wrote:According to sky sports news, if he does come hes bringing THE BRAIN with him  :grinning:

A tactical genius , i feel encouraged already  :buttrock

Logically we don't need Klopp, just hire The Brain?  :eyebrow  :eyebrow   Baldrick's cunning plan.....  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:50 am

:laugh:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:17 am

maguskwt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:56 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:58 pm wrote:Doubt Mourinho's situation had anything to do with it. Rodgers has had enough time to build a team and we still look sellotaped together, Only a few months ago he was claiming he would turn us into challengers this season and now its back to excuses and rebuilding. He has dug far too many holes for himself and sooner or later it was going to come back and bite the Ar$e off him.

Timing mate... it makes sense that once Chelsea's managerial position is vacant, we may not get the manager we want. Managing Chelsea is a bigger pull for managers than managing Liverpool the way it stands...

i don't buy this argument. if mourinho's position is genuinely under threat then potentially interested parties like klopp and ancelotti would be just as aware of it as our owners are. what advantage do we gain by sacking rodgers now and hoping that these two don't just decide to wait and see if they can get the chelsea job in 1 or 2 or even 3 months? i'm sure they are in no rush.
Last edited by andy_g on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Ancelotti wouldn't go back to Chelsea and Klopp would surely be reluctant to team up with Abramovich. I imagine a far more interesting job would be to rebuild the Citech team with their squad now being the oldest in the Prem. Citech are faced with the same issue, bring in a young manager to spend the money now or let Pellegrini rebuild etc...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:27 pm

Reg » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:50 pm wrote:Ancelotti wouldn't go back to Chelsea and Klopp would surely be reluctant to team up with Abramovich. I imagine a far more interesting job would be to rebuild the Citech team with their squad now being the oldest in the Prem. Citech are faced with the same issue, bring in a young manager to spend the money now or let Pellegrini rebuild etc...

precisely. the usual shenanigans at chelsea have little or nothing to do with the timing of rodgie-poo's sacking

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:36 pm

stmichael » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:29 pm wrote:Gave me the best Premier League season in 20 years as a fan. In the end, he gave his best and it wasn't good enough. What I don't get is why this decision wasn't made in the summer.

I wish him all the best in the future.

More than likely there was no realistic replacement lined up in the Summer. I'd wager that some approaches were made, but no one bit. Circumstances may have changed between then and now.

Who knows, maybe Ancelotti or Klopp's agents made the move to contact Liverpool and FSG thought now was the time.
tonyeh

Postby fivecups » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:58 am

Congratulations on winning the league with Celtic with 8 games to spare. 28 wins from 30 and two draws. Yes, Celtic were always going to win the league but they have improved immeasurably this year, great signings with Dembele and Sinclair. It didn't work out at Liverpool but great to see our previous manager doing so well.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:34 pm

fivecups » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:58 am wrote:Congratulations on winning the league with Celtic with 8 games to spare. 28 wins from 30 and two draws. Yes, Celtic were always going to win the league but they have improved immeasurably this year, great signings with Dembele and Sinclair. It didn't work out at Liverpool but great to see our previous manager doing so well.

Yep well said mate, he's building a decent little CV for himself considering he's only just turned 44.
Liverpool and Celtic are 2 massive clubs and he went pretty close to winning the title with them both. He would have learnt a hell of a lot from his time here, he had to deal with 2 legends coming to the end of their careers (Gerrard and Carragher), deal with a couple of loose cannons in Suarez and Balotelli, deal with rising stars in Sterling and Coutinho and that's without even going into the whole transfer committee saga as well.
It wouldn't surprise me if he developed into a top manager by the time he's in his 50's.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Fantastic achievement by BR ......transformed Celtic from a 5 times in row title winning team into a 6 times in a row.... don't bet against it being 7 next year with a lottery machine picking the shirt numbers each week
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion