I've slagged him off many times, but.... - I'm glad rafael benitez is our manager.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:27 pm

Obsession,ya better not start footering with me instead of Mick! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simolonge » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:27 pm

peewee wrote:
bigmick wrote:I'm glad we've got someone managing the team who you can at least look in the eye and know he's not just a lying c...  In this sense of course he is very different from Hicks and Gillete.

well mick he is very liberal with the truth when it suits him, telling us he did not want to sell keane was a whopper that only the most foolish would believe

You would rather he siad we did want shut and got no money for him ?

By the way - he never once said "we dont want to sell him".
simolonge

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:26 pm

Number 9 wrote:Obsession,ya better not start footering with me instead of Mick! :laugh:

Don't tell me, or you'll beat me up?   :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Number 9 wrote:all anyone knows about you is that you have an unhealthy obsession with another man!
Who is the kunt?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  just spat me coffee everywhere funny as feck
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:33 pm

redhayesy wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:I disagree Mick.

I'm sure he's a nice bloke and all that.
But being a manager of a football club is not about being a nice bloke. It's about bringing the club forward, doing well performance wise, securing the future of the club through development of youngsters etc etc. All the time conducting oneself with dignity and not bringing the club into disrepute by dragging our going ons through the press.

Once upon a time I was very happy when we signed him..... but I have since lost faith in his methodsand more importantly in the man himself. In my opinion, he's improved us as far as he can..... and the time is ripe for a change. Unfortunately, as a club, we cannot afford it, in both time and finance

i couldn't dis -agree more! he has taken the club forward, & IMHO will continue to do so in the future.  you say the time is ripe for a change,yes in owner not management! there is a difference mate.
like NR says for what he has had to put up with in recent times he deserves our upmost respect not critisism, as for bringing the club into disrepute- you really need to think before you post mate.

raffa has shown passion, belief,& totall commitment in his players,the club, the fans etc etc which is more than the yank tw@ts will ever do whilst they are at our club!!

remember mate when the two yank tw@ts tryed & failed to tout klinnsmen behind raffa's back for the job, raffa was & remained dignified,conducted himself with the right 'attitude'
& i for one will always admire him for that! it cannot of been easy for him in all aspects of his working relatonship with the players,& remain focused on everything that he wants to achieve with the football club.

let me ask you this? if he wasn't the right man for the job,would he have lost the dressing room,espect of everyone who works at the club- too right he would have, but raffa has the the knowledge,respect of the players that he has enabled us to move in the right direction,we have & i believe will improve even futher under raffa's guidence,that's why he demanded & got full control of transfer dealings in the future.

it's just an insult to the man that he has 2 yank tw@ts who have tried to prevent him in buying the players he really wants, rather than finances dictating otherwise.

i have said this before on previous topics,& will say it again -their is no other manager i'd rather have to lead LFC  in the future than raffa. all the backroom politics, whatever you want to call it,has made raffa even more passionate towards our club.

if you were not at the sunderland game mate even when we won the game 3-0 the protest in the kop,also other parts of the ground was awsome. it said it all for me the singing was as intense,& as passionate as throughout the game it's self-just to remind you if you weren't there itwas this.

'they don't care about raffa,they don't care about the fans,
Liverpool Football Club is in the wrong hands'

as for the youngsters of the club, raffa is just as passionate about bringing on our youth development as he is the first team as he knows that he will have feck all money to spend on big name players, so has to & be kept informed of all potential youngsters within the club.

he has our alround best intrests at heart not only as a manager, but relates with the heartbeat of the club,us the fans.
may he continue, with the fantasic work of the backup staff ie sammy lee etc to lead the FC in the way he has done so far with pride,passion & belief. to take the club forward both with the senior squad & the development of the youngsters.

Totally agree.

I think he has improved the way we play and has it in him to win the league even with obstacles continually being put in his place.

To all the Rafa doubters, come in the waters lovely :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:46 pm

taff wrote:To all the Rafa doubters, come in the waters lovely :D

Didn't someone say that in Jaws just before they were eaten alive Taff?  :D
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:33 pm

well all i will say is two trophies in 5 years, and none for the past three, , a couple of hundred million spent, if some of you are happy with that then we have slipped much further than I thought.

the questions are:

1. has he improved us?
2. considering what he has spent, the time he has had, and the players he has had at his disposal, has he improved us enough in the past five years? is two trophies in 5 years good enough?
112-1077774096

Postby DrPepe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:43 pm

peewee wrote:well all i will say is two trophies in 5 years, and none for the past three, , a couple of hundred million spent, if some of you are happy with that then we have slipped much further than I thought.

the questions are:

1. has he improved us?
2. considering what he has spent, the time he has had, and the players he has had at his disposal, has he improved us enough in the past five years? is two trophies in 5 years good enough?

1. Yes
2. No

Question 3.
Which teams are consistently better financed?

Question 4.
Which teams have done better than us?

It's a tired excuse i know, but if your wage bill and transfer budget is less than your competitors then you have to be extremely lucky/skilled to get ahead of them (especially starting from an inferior position and with two financial behemoths to overcome)

rafa 's greatest achievemnt is that he has made us in to a team amongst the very best in european football  - consistently getting to the latter stages of the CL. He's also got our best premiership league performances (twice, is it?).
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:53 pm

agree with the last part about making us one of the best amongst the best.. but where do u get the 'financially inferior' part from ?!
If anything id be using that very excuse shamelessly against you to dispute ur argument... sorry but the transfer records dont lie, and ur excuse is a convenient lie...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:58 pm

aCe' wrote:agree with the last part about making us one of the best amongst the best.. but where do u get the 'financially inferior' part from ?!
If anything id be using that very excuse shamelessly against you to dispute ur argument... sorry but the transfer records dont lie, and ur excuse is a convenient lie...

i 'm certainly not lying

The  data i've seen on wage bills shows that we spend less than the gooners , united, chelsea (and i think newcastle and man city)

The transfer data also shows we have spent similar/less than our competitors. except maybe arsenal  - coincidentally, another team who is "competing", but not managing to get ahaead of the two big boys...
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:20 pm

but the fact we finished above chelsea pretty much proves that outspending someone else does not mean you are guaranteed to finish above them, the spending argument is just a poor excuse to be honest
112-1077774096

Postby DrPepe » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:26 pm

peewee wrote:but the fact we finished above chelsea pretty much proves that outspending someone else does not mean you are guaranteed to finish above them, the spending argument is just a poor excuse to be honest

:laugh: wtf?

as far as i know, life isn't black & white, it's about probabilities

If you have more money and more resources then you are much more likely to win stuff

of course it's not impossible to do better than someone with more resources it's just much. more. difficult.   and as such, more credit is deserved  if you somehow manage to achieve that  :D
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:28 pm

DrPepe wrote:
aCe' wrote:agree with the last part about making us one of the best amongst the best.. but where do u get the 'financially inferior' part from ?!

i 'm certainly not lying

The  data i've seen on wage bills shows that we spend less than the gooners , united, chelsea (and i think newcastle and man city)

The transfer data also shows we have spent similar/less than our competitors. except maybe arsenal  - coincidentally, another team who is "competing", but not managing to get ahaead of the two big boys...

Im not saying ur lying mate or any of that im just saying the whole spending less than our competition thing has been done till death on this very forum and i thought it was proven beyond doubt that we outspent everyone in the league except for Chelsea since Rafa took over... even with Chelsea the difference wasnt that big and that says something really...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:28 am

DrPepe wrote:
peewee wrote:but the fact we finished above chelsea pretty much proves that outspending someone else does not mean you are guaranteed to finish above them, the spending argument is just a poor excuse to be honest

:laugh: wtf?

as far as i know, life isn't black & white, it's about probabilities

If you have more money and more resources then you are much more likely to win stuff

of course it's not impossible to do better than someone with more resources it's just much. more. difficult.   and as such, more credit is deserved  if you somehow manage to achieve that  :D

your argument would hold water if we had spent a 10th of what the others have spent, but the fact is we have been much closer than that with our spending, so really it is just a poor excuse
112-1077774096

Postby DrPepe » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:49 am

your argument would hold water if we had spent a 10th of what the others have spent, but the fact is we have been much closer than that with our spending, so really it is just a poor excuse

Not at all.

1/10th is a ridiculous thing to say, and your argument would be more acceptable if you cut out the hyperbole

Even if we had exactly the same funding, you have to accept that it would be difficult to overcome the 3 teams who were in a better position to start with.

Arguably we are doing better than 1 or 2 of those rivals (financial meltdown notwithstanding!) :angry:
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion