Rafael benitez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:15 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I've just been thinking...why is it "Benitez has lead us to 3 semi finals in four years" but "the players lost to Barnsley" Isn't it the same set of players and same manager?

That match was one where not only was there keeper "superman" but we missed many chances as well. Lets not forget they also went on to beat chelsea.

Its all down to players attitudes, if there up against it then they stand up, against barnsley, lets be honest, they should never have been up against it !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:06 am

The man is a man of his word. He said he wanted to bring success to our club again, he has lived upto that promise. The prem is a complicated issue, will we win it with this squad? Probably not. Will we win it with the calibre of player that will want to join us due to our european success? Yes, and sustain it. Financially and profile wise the success in the champs league is a must in current circumstances and Rafa will sutain that. We wont win the prem without this success.

The never say die attitude is returning slowly but surely.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:18 am

this orignal topic is a load of tosh in my opninion.

Rafa SHOULD be getting to semis, as a minimum requirement, considering the amount of money he has spent. 50+ million this season alone.

dont say its a great achievement. we have won nothing yet.!

this stage is all about the bottle.

We still could be defeated.

not a negative post, be realistic
Torres 2007

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:38 am

FFS, how can some people be so dismissive about reaching a 3rd CL semi-final in four years under Rafa?  It is a phenomenal achievement that only Chelsea has managed in the same period (while winning nothing).  Of course we've won nothing yet but we've bumped off the Italian Champions and a team that many were tipping for the Premiership title not so long ago.  In fact, many were predicting that Arsenal would maul us.  Well they didn't and we're back into the semis--not by some fluke but because we bested them over two legs good and proper.  And I can assure you that Chelsea are absolutely bricking themselves to be facing us again.  I despair sometimes when I read people on here.  Yes, when we actually come up short pointing the finger is justified but when we achieve another fantastic result in Europe's top club competition?  Do me a favour. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby sheikhmomo » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:45 am

not sure rafa will be too pleased with this story, no?

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/04/rafas-klin-shoc.html
RAFA'S KLIN SHOCK
EXCLUSIVE By CHRIS BASCOMBE

RAFA BENITEZ will challenge Tom Hicks on claims the American still uses Jurgen Klinsmann as an advisor.

The News of the World understands Klinsmann's representatives contacted Liverpool officials to warn them that Benitez's early transfer plans had been passed to their man.

The club were stunned to discover Klinsmann's view was sought on the quality of at least one target they are in the process of scouting.

The revelation will antagonise boss Benitez, who has sent private e-mails to co-owner Hicks outlining the players he wants to recruit for a title assault next season.

Knowledge
He will want an investigation into how Klinsmann could know the identity of his targets.

Klinsmann, who was interviewed for the Kop hotseat last November, has since been named the next Bayern Munich manager.

There would be nothing to stop him sending the German club's scouts to watch the same players and bidding higher.

A source close to Hicks insists ‘to their knowledge' there has been no contact between the co-owner and Klinsmann for months. If so, that will leave Benitez baffled as to how Klinsmann knew the contents of his e-mails.

The latest claims end a turbulent week when Euro success was overshadowed by Hicks' explosive letter calling for chief executive Rick Parry's resignation.

All parties agree Benitez had no idea about the document.

Refused
He refused to take questions on the latest controversy ahead of today's visit of Blackburn.
sheikhmomo

Postby sheikhmomo » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:46 am

And people can say what they like about Bascombe, but he has been just about right with every breaking story throughout this whole mess.
sheikhmomo

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:08 am

sheikhmomo wrote:And people can say what they like about Bascombe, but he has been just about right with every breaking story throughout this whole mess.

No he hasnt, he simply joined on the media bandwagon. He had more respect when he said what was what rather than being told what is what.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:16 am

sheikhmomo wrote:not sure rafa will be too pleased with this story, no?

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/04/rafas-klin-shoc.html
RAFA'S KLIN SHOCK
EXCLUSIVE By CHRIS BASCOMBE

RAFA BENITEZ will challenge Tom Hicks on claims the American still uses Jurgen Klinsmann as an advisor.

The News of the World understands Klinsmann's representatives contacted Liverpool officials to warn them that Benitez's early transfer plans had been passed to their man.

The club were stunned to discover Klinsmann's view was sought on the quality of at least one target they are in the process of scouting.

The revelation will antagonise boss Benitez, who has sent private e-mails to co-owner Hicks outlining the players he wants to recruit for a title assault next season.

Knowledge
He will want an investigation into how Klinsmann could know the identity of his targets.

Klinsmann, who was interviewed for the Kop hotseat last November, has since been named the next Bayern Munich manager.

There would be nothing to stop him sending the German club's scouts to watch the same players and bidding higher.

A source close to Hicks insists ‘to their knowledge' there has been no contact between the co-owner and Klinsmann for months. If so, that will leave Benitez baffled as to how Klinsmann knew the contents of his e-mails.

The latest claims end a turbulent week when Euro success was overshadowed by Hicks' explosive letter calling for chief executive Rick Parry's resignation.

All parties agree Benitez had no idea about the document.

Refused
He refused to take questions on the latest controversy ahead of today's visit of Blackburn.

Please dont post anything from that shower of s.*i*e on here mate.
Thingy

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:48 am

Torres 2007 wrote:this orignal topic is a load of tosh in my opninion.

Rafa SHOULD be getting to semis, as a minimum requirement, considering the amount of money he has spent. 50+ million this season alone.

dont say its a great achievement. we have won nothing yet.!

this stage is all about the bottle.

We still could be defeated.

not a negative post, be realistic

That's the biggest lot of bollox, and you know it.

You forget: there are other top sides in Europe that have spent bucket loads of cash each season. There are only 4 semi-final births, and there are at least twice that many good teams that all still have to earn that right to get there. Just because you spend money, it doesn't give you the right to automatically be there.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:31 am

In my view Rafa has taken a huge step to the good this past season or so, both in terms of system and signings. 4-2-3-1 seems to really suit our players

Sorry St.Mike I just dont agree with you on that, a huge step to the good hey ? "huge" maybe I'm being picky but I dont see any huge improvement especially domestically.

As for the system, well. He altered that only a couple of months ago, because if I remember correctly we were pi$$ poor at the turn of the year, and people were talking like he'd lost the dressing room. We were in a rut, and credit ti him, he changed it, and it paid off. Because at the time whether it be b0llocks or not people were saying he coulkd be off or given the sack. So he did well IMO under the pressure he seemed to be. But dont forget something had to be changed as we were pretty dire.

Torres and Masherano, both big money signings ........... He was bang on the money with them, great purchases.

Babel, often flatters to decieves, I'm hopefull he'll come good on a consistent basis. Maybe 11 M was a little too much though.

Skertel ........ In my eyes another great signing.

Signings this season Mike I'd agree with you on, Rafas done the business there, he just needs to add some more great signings to that list.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:45 am

Rafas on the brink, no doubt that will make some people here happy.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:07 am

Ciggy wrote:Rafas on the brink, no doubt that will make some people here happy.

Happy cigg theyll think its christmas

Ive just been readin the Babcombe article he should of got his coat and walked ages ago if this is true its a :censored: disgrace
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:09 am

Rafas only problem in my opinion is his lack of respect for the premier league. He says that since our players are rested we doing better now, which is all well and good, but he sacrifices the league year after year to get us in this position. Hopefully we can get cup number 6 on the 21st and then next year fuk the euro and just go for the premiership all guns blazing. As soona s we do that, then i'll definately be a lot happier about our gaffer.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:00 am

NANNY RED wrote:Happy cigg theyll think its christmas

Ive just been readin the Babcombe article he should of got his coat and walked ages ago if this is true its a :censored: disgrace

Just heard from people on another forum that he is off  :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:32 am

Ciggy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Happy cigg theyll think its christmas

Just heard from people on another forum that he is off  :(

What? Which one lynds , this can't be true lynds. He's just got to sit tight. :angry:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion