Rafael benitez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Doesn't bear thinking about so I'll be willingly sticking my head in the sand until the storm passes or until the worst is confirmed by Rafa himself. :down:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:33 pm

Reg wrote:Nanny, why dont you send a letter to Rafa and say just that?  If he received 5,000 letters of support he´d know where he stands with the fans.

I think he knows what we feel for him Reg thats why hes still here mate cause hes one of us , If he wasnt he would of gone along time ago. Hes fighting in our corner for us the fan but i wonder just how long he can fight before one of them two deliever a a sneaky uppercut of which he might end up throwing the towel in.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:35 pm

I think that Rafa Benitez understands that, despite disagreement on some of the decisons that he has made and the decision making processes that he has employed in the past, the vast majority of fans support him.
skatesy

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:49 pm

peewee wrote:
maguskwt wrote:well no surprise we're in the semi finals again... rafa just wants to win the CL, he doesn't care about the league...  btw that is probably something peewee would've said... :D

how right you are,

don't get me wrong i like the European adventure every year, i just don't like it being to detriment of the league

And if we're playing Chelsea in the semi finals for the third time in four seasons then they must have reached the semis the same number of times. Yes we've won it and finished runners-up, but they've also won the Premiership and contested it this season and I think if we're all honest most of us would prefer two Premierships to one Champions League.

And if Chelsea beat us and win the bloody thing then they'll have two leagues and one European cup to our one European cup, they may have spent more money, but I'm sure that doesn't get engraved on the trophies.........
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:59 pm

We really have to mount a challenge next year. Even if he does an Arsenal and falls apart in March we'd have competed.

There is no point falling way behind early and then doing okay to finish top 4. From the start the premiership must be the priority, I'd prefer he rested players for games against CL oponents to save them for league games than the other way round.

We know we can win a cup competition but we aren't a top team until we challenge for the league.

Rafa MUST learn from the start of next season what his priorities are and vastly reduce the rotation -especially early int he year as 3 points is 3 points regardless of whether it is August or April.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:51 pm

I have made it known that i was openly calling for his head when we lost to barnsley , but this man should stay but in all honesty i can seem him going at the end of the season  :(

What manager can compare with rafa's record
3 semi finals in 4 years and winning the champions league in his first season and another final last season . This mans deserves respect and those clowns hicks and parry are pri.cks and shud be out of here asap , i don't mind gillette as he's seems like a decent guy and i think given the chance i rather he own us 100% , Provided if DIC don't come in . I've heard he has started raising funds to buy hicks 50% share so this could be interesting , whatever it is rafa should be the manager for at least 1 more season at least , the bare minimum with this fracas sorted out , given the financial backing and parry , hicks don't interfere
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:52 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Reg wrote:Nanny, why dont you send a letter to Rafa and say just that?  If he received 5,000 letters of support he´d know where he stands with the fans.

I think he knows what we feel for him Reg thats why hes still here mate cause hes one of us , If he wasnt he would of gone along time ago. Hes fighting in our corner for us the fan but i wonder just how long he can fight before one of them two deliever a a sneaky uppercut of which he might end up throwing the towel in.

Rafa knows he has the fans support , the fans have protested in the public , they have sang his name at games and rafa has acknowledged this and because of this , i hope he stays as he knows the fans rate him
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Reg wrote:Load of tosh, what are you on about?

All GG has to do is take Rafa to one side with Moores and explain what his intentions are, how Hicks is screwing things up, how much DIC could provide as a kitty and that the original stadium plan will be built but they need his support to get Hicks out. Rafa could releax and start planning for next season. They could also admit that Coco has run his course which is blindingly obvious to settle that little score.

If you treat him like a mushroom, then yes, he will walk, but it doesnt have to be the outcome.

Oh ok so it's'sorted ay'  :lookaround

Undermining the manager - with the whole Board on now involved in the 'backstabbing' meeting - unbelievable and you think Rafa wants to stay? would you ?

The tosh is what has happened at the club - anyone treated the way Rafa has been would consider their position despite their love of the club and it's soul - the fans.

He won't walk out now - but closed season   :down:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:26 pm

we must have at least 3 or 4 threads about rafa?

our progression, then this one, our spending under rafa etc etc

why the heck cant they be merged?

bloody rediculous. different titles but same sort of theme
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:44 pm

As it happens, I agree with you Judge--this thread has grown a bit redundant.  It was initially an exuberant thread following on the heels of our great win against Arsenal but has become another venue to discuss the backroom rumblings or Rafa's success as a manager, which are conversations already in full flow elsewhere.  As such I'm locking this thread but, Judge, do us a favour and send a PM next time, eh?  ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion