I've slagged him off many times, but.... - I'm glad rafael benitez is our manager.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:16 am

I think one of the problems with Rafa is he is too honest, if he thinks it he says it, and i do feel that has been his downfall from time to time with the press and back room staff. and him being so stuborn is why we had a bad run of games as he knew he was right and would not change.

all that said he did :censored: me off from time time last year but other time he was outstanding as a manager.

in all i find him very hard to understand but right now i would not like his job.......if he has one once the clubs sorted out the money stuff, we might see him working in RBS at the counter with the rest of the team working off the loan.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:35 am

peewee wrote:
bigmick wrote:Yes I know mate but they all do that. I think even in that circumstance he was telling a little porkie in order to give himself a chance of getting more for the player. As you say, nobody believed him anyway but at least he appeared to be doing what he did for the good of the club. As it is, we still lost 8 million quid on the whole episode but at least he tried his best to minimise the losses if nothing else.

He is by no means perfect, the advising Kuyt not to sign a contract until he'd renegotiated his own left a bad taste in the mouth, but I'd trust him more than I'd trust Gillett and Hicks anyday.

He also managed to keep a straight face when he said "kuyt is always likely to score you goals"

:D

Which was true.
RedRoots

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:30 pm

bigmick wrote:Not because he's stopped the syling although it obviously helps. It's not even because we resorted to a brand of football in the second half of the season which was the most attractive I had seen Liverpool play for 20 years. Ultimately, it's not anything to do with football really, although Rafa is obviously a good manager.

No, the reason why I'm glad that Rafa is the manager is because broadly speaking I trust him. I do think he's more than capable of fecking things up, and I also think he's capable of signing the odd sh!t player. Ultimately though, I think he has the best interests of the club at heart. I think he is a decent man (certainly compared to the yanks, mind you so is Peter Sutcliffe).

The press are speculating whether he'll say "enough" and walk away, but I am 100% confident that no matter what happens he won't do that. In a situation which is dominated by vagabonds and thieves, he is reassuringly normal. I'm glad he's our manager.

You've changed you tune a bit haven't you?  :D

ANyway fair play. I love Rafa with a passion and hope he stays as manager until the end of his career. Then he can go manage Spain for a few years or something. There isn't another manager in the world I would rather have at Liverpool right now.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Im just glad hes still here because any other manager whos had to put up with the sh.ite hes had to put up with from the other two , an snidy Parry would of been on his toes long ago. Ive always said Rafa is the fan weve got on the inside one of us an i sincerly believe that
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:47 pm

It's only becasue of the fans he has stuck around. No other fans show as much affection to the manager as here. If it wern't for them I think he would have left a while back. It's just a shame he always has to wheel and deal and then still gets slagged of when being compared toother managers who have 4 or 5 times as much to spend. It ain't fair but I hope the club situation takes a turn for the better.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:13 pm

bigmick wrote:
kazza wrote::laugh:

Dear oh dear. Sensible post by your standards though, nice one.

OK, how fickle! You were whining all season that Raffa was this and Raffa was that and you alienated most on here with your doom and gloom, all the while sitting on your high horse ready to put anyone to sleep that disagreed with you with a painfully long post. Now you are starting to believe?? Feck me Mick it is called support and many have seen what you now see and your about turn could easily reverse as soon as Raffa does something you disagree with  :sleep

You obviously take yourself very seriously that you would open a new thread for this "Hold on people I have a new opinion. I now like Raffa - discuss"

Earth to Mick "You are average at best" (so why would you think any different  ???  )
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Rafa has always been iffy, so I was always on the fence about him.  Closer to the faith side, but once the rotation stopped I was off and picked the right side.

However, I don't see how selling the spine to buy other players can seem like a good idea, and if Alonso or Masch are sold for a flop, well it could be back to the fence.

Earth to Kazza- PMs exist.  Everyone is tired at your :censored: aimed at mick.   :sleep  :sleep  :sleep
SupitsJonF

Postby tonyeh » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:08 pm

bigmick wrote:Not because he's stopped the syling although it obviously helps. It's not even because we resorted to a brand of football in the second half of the season which was the most attractive I had seen Liverpool play for 20 years. Ultimately, it's not anything to do with football really, although Rafa is obviously a good manager.

No, the reason why I'm glad that Rafa is the manager is because broadly speaking I trust him. I do think he's more than capable of fecking things up, and I also think he's capable of signing the odd sh!t player. Ultimately though, I think he has the best interests of the club at heart. I think he is a decent man (certainly compared to the yanks, mind you so is Peter Sutcliffe).

The press are speculating whether he'll say "enough" and walk away, but I am 100% confident that no matter what happens he won't do that. In a situation which is dominated by vagabonds and thieves, he is reassuringly normal. I'm glad he's our manager.

Have you found "faith", Mick?

:D
tonyeh

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:48 pm

It's a good post mick , and i know your not as Dogmatic in your opinions as some on here (me probably). I know aswell that you still have your concerns with raffa as a manager . I totally agree with you (suprise suprise) that he is a decent fella and does have Liverpools best interes at heart . Imo we are very lucky to have him .

And Kazza ,i'd go see a doctor if i were you , your obsession with mick is decidedly dodgy lash.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:13 pm

Strange (or at least surprising) post Mick. I just can't see what he has done to make you suddenly trust him mate, I respect your views but I can't say I agree on this occasion. For me he has a lot to prove yet both on and off the pitch. Still it means I can now argue with someone again now, without  being called a :censored: (hopefully  :D )which may make things a little more interesting anyway.
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:24 pm

s@int wrote:Strange (or at least surprising) post Mick. I just can't see what he has done to make you suddenly trust him mate, I respect your views but I can't say I agree on this occasion. For me he has a lot to prove yet both on and off the pitch. Still it means I can now argue with someone again now, without  being called a :censored: (hopefully  :D )which may make things a little more interesting anyway.

:censored: :;):  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:16 pm

Cant argue with you about Rafa's personality really Mick.. dont know enough about him to argue the points your making... Havent seen enough of the 'has the club's best interest in heart' part... not with the Keane treatment, not with the Kuyt contract talks, and deffo not with his stubbornness when it comes to other footballing matters that obviously didnt work and cost us in the league yet and again...
As to 'trsusting' him... dont think he's earned that yet... not for me anyways... the fact that he's somehow managed to fck things up season after season ever since he took over (last season included despite the good end to the season) leaves very little trust in me when it comes to Rafa finally managing to do the right thing throughout the course of an entire season and in the transfer market...

Its not all bad though... i think hes a very good coach and is tactically better than anything there is in the English league atm.. Dont think he quite understands how things are done in England though compared to Spain... the whole Ferguson thing was a shambles, not going for games that are there for the taking, not setting the team up right against some of the smaller sides...etc.... You probably think that its all good now after our recent displays Mick, which is fair enough.... From our recent displays it seems like he's starting to understand things better and doing things the way we've been calling for them to be done for a long time now... we'll wait and see but i cant really say im as optimistic about the extent of change as you are...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:49 pm

bigmick wrote:No, the reason why I'm glad that Rafa is the manager is because broadly speaking I trust him. I do think he's more than capable of fecking things up, and I also think he's capable of signing the odd sh!t player. Ultimately though, I think he has the best interests of the club at heart. I think he is a decent man (certainly compared to the yanks, mind you so is Peter Sutcliffe).

Tend to agree with you there Mick.

Footablling-wise, I think he has his "ways", which sometimes I can get wound up about.

But, with regards to the man that Rafa is, I think he's one of life's good guys.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:52 pm

bigmick wrote:From a football point of view Conn, I've got much sympathy with your point of view. I do think though that finally, belatedly, after five long seasons we've finally got the hang of the two main areas we were letting ourselves majorly down in and as scuh I am more confident going forward. That we hopefully won't be making 75 changes to the team in the first fifteen matches next season, nor trying to convince ourselves that a draw at Home with Hull is a decent result makes me more confident that we can at last beging to realise our potential from a footballing viewpoint.

As I say though, I'm glad he's our manager precisely because he's a nice enough bloke. there is a bit of a lack of those around Anfield at the moment.

Mick you can tell your from darn sarf, sayin bloke.

Lad or fella round here it would be  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:55 pm

kazza wrote:
bigmick wrote:
kazza wrote::laugh:

Dear oh dear. Sensible post by your standards though, nice one.

OK, how fickle! You were whining all season that Raffa was this and Raffa was that and you alienated most on here with your doom and gloom, all the while sitting on your high horse ready to put anyone to sleep that disagreed with you with a painfully long post. Now you are starting to believe?? Feck me Mick it is called support and many have seen what you now see and your about turn could easily reverse as soon as Raffa does something you disagree with  :sleep

You obviously take yourself very seriously that you would open a new thread for this "Hold on people I have a new opinion. I now like Raffa - discuss"

Earth to Mick "You are average at best" (so why would you think any different  ???  )

Think he put in his post that he has had reservations and that he thinks that Rafa has changed certain things.

But its clear that the post was meant to be not about the football side, more that he thinks we have a good man as a manager that we can trust and who has the club at heart.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion