I've slagged him off many times, but.... - I'm glad rafael benitez is our manager.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Ciggy wrote:“The people in this city are always fighting

he must have been to the grafton    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:12 pm

peewee wrote:
Ciggy wrote:“The people in this city are always fighting

he must have been to the grafton    :D

Or to County Road after everton get beat :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:30 pm

For the first time in 5 years, Rafa´s light is beginning to fade.   Yes he´s the football manager and he was told to shut up by Hicks and just coach the team and thats exactly what he´s doing but what manager would put up with the BS of nearly being bust, no funds, watching other key european clubs get stronger?  He just makes smarmy comments in these interviews to disguise the fact we´re doing sweet FA..

Sometimes when something is blindingly clear, in fact its the complete opposite.

If Rafa resigned tomorrow, I wouldnt be surprised. In fact I would probably respect him more than the comments that we´ve got the best fans and all this shíte.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:21 pm

Why is that Reg? Surley after getting so close to Utd this year you cant have that view?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:27 pm

Smarmy comments ???
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:56 pm

:laugh:

For "smarmy" read "political"
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:57 pm

I´m in a bad mood.  Seems Rafa isnt getting the support of the owners (again...) and quite frankly I´d tell them where to go.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:00 pm

What makes you say that? I doubt the owners would be tight with Rafa after that silly insider comment the other day about us being able to outspend Parry. Rafa is an astute person so I am certain he got a rough budget quote when signing his new contract. And if he is happy then surley it can't be all that bad?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:50 pm

seems to me and its only my opinion . That rafa knows the script regarding money this summer and is planning accordingly . He certainly doesn't sound like a man who's worried ,so he's obviously got some plan . What that is ,only he knows.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:seems to me and its only my opinion . That rafa knows the script regarding money this summer and is planning accordingly . He certainly doesn't sound like a man who's worried ,so he's obviously got some plan . What that is ,only he knows.

Thats what i am thinking as well.

Thats why when all the stuff was coming out in the press the other day i posted saying that i would be very surprised if Rafa had signed a long term deal if he wasnt assured certain things.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:16 pm

I trust him more than the owners as I think broadly that he's got the best interests of the club at heart. That said, he is getting paid thousands and thousands of pounds every week so I would expect him to "fight every inch of the way" to be perfectly honest. Anything less wouldn't be good enough. It's always worth considering with football people that whether they be players kissing the badge, or managers claiming to "love the city" there is a huge element of "me me me" caught up in that. Rafa sounds good here, but actions speak louder than words.

On the football front which is where it's most important and taking aside all this "love", we've now gone three seasons without winning a trophy. Not only that, but aside from the Champions League final of three years ago where we strangely decided to leave our top scorer on the bench, we haven't got really close to winning one either. Now I know people will say that's unfair as we came close to winning the Premiership last season, but I would contest we came closER rather than close. Had we not decided to have a little style at Middlesboro and lose there, we would have had the Mancs absolutely sh!tting themselves over the last three matches. As it was, it was carnival time and they were able to field a quarter strength team at Hull, so as to "keep the players fresh" for the Champions League final. In actual fact they had been on something of a rotatathon for the last three months of the title race, Fergie style if you like. Needless to say as we know from our own experience, the delayed gazelle doesn't actually work and after 20 minutes of chasing shadows against Barca, to a man they were fecked.

Anyway I digress, the fact of the matter is we haven't won anything for three seasons, and my opinion is that we haven't been that close either. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) we will need to actually win something. It's all very well people pointing at Wenger and saying "well he hasn't won anything either", (which of course he hasn't in the same period) but he has got a history of winning things in the Premiership with quite good teams. Not only that, but while we maybe have a case for being slightly outspent by Chelsea and the Mancs, we have certainly outspent Arsenal comfortably. This despite the fact that they have dismantled a fantastic football team in its entirity from only four or five seasons ago.

No, for me as I say, actions speak louder than words. We may get an opportunity next season in one of the Cups. A favourable Man Utd style draw perhaps, or a fortunate decision here and there. If we do, we muct take it. We absolutely must make a better fist of taking a golden opportunity than we did in the league just gone. There it was there for the winning and we didn't go through with the effort well enough at the half way stage to get home. Unless we do so soon, no amount of "loving the city" will be enough to disguise our underachievement.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Right from the start before we even knew him we could tell he wasn't all about the money. He is about long term plans and stability. He could have taken a big money move to Besiktas and since then Real Madrid but he chooses to stay with us. The future is the only thing he is every concerned with and making sure we are in a good position to challange the top teams. I am sure the summer budget would have been the first thing on his mind when he sat down to negotiate.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:24 am

It's all very well people pointing at Wenger and saying "well he hasn't won anything either", (which of course he hasn't in the same period) but he has got a history of winning things in the Premiership with quite good teams. Not only that, but while we maybe have a case for being slightly outspent by Chelsea and the Mancs, we have certainly outspent Arsenal comfortably. This despite the fact that they have dismantled a fantastic football team in its entirity from only four or five seasons ago.

Finances, finances...

Its not really that clean cut that the gooners have spent any less than us.

Remember their wage bill is tens of millions more than ours every year

And you think they deserve credit for f ucking up a title winning side? ("dismantling", as you put it)
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:05 am

DrPepe wrote:
It's all very well people pointing at Wenger and saying "well he hasn't won anything either", (which of course he hasn't in the same period) but he has got a history of winning things in the Premiership with quite good teams. Not only that, but while we maybe have a case for being slightly outspent by Chelsea and the Mancs, we have certainly outspent Arsenal comfortably. This despite the fact that they have dismantled a fantastic football team in its entirity from only four or five seasons ago.

Finances, finances...

And you think they deserve credit for f ucking up a title winning side? ("dismantling", as you put it)

:O  :O  :O 
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:17 am

aCe' wrote:
DrPepe wrote:

Finances, finances...

:O  :O  :O 

yeah lets get our last title winning side back   :D  and their wage bill is more because they can probably afford it with that spanking new stadium and their higher admission prices, although that said I don't think our players do too badly on the wages front
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion