Sammy Lee now confirmed as Rafael Benitez's No 2 - New Assistant Manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 18, 2008 12:19 am

Sabre wrote:
I haven't called anyone a name Sabre?

I think you will find LFC2007 called Heimdall a name.

All I have done is argue football.

Of course you didn't call names. Internet misunderstanding, I started my post commenting that your quote was fair enough, but the rest of the post I wasn't talking to you mate.

At the end I mentioned the Rock, but the fúcking point was keep it about footie. FFS!

Now, where were We? Rafa.

No mate we were discussing why you haven't mentioned the fact that LFC2007 called Heimdall a bellend, yet the Rock does similar and receives your criticism?

Seems a little like favouritism to me. I take it from this that its ok for your "friends" to say what they like. but anyone you disagree with or don't like will be caught in the "Sabre Censor"  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:20 am

Its fuc,king Heimdall!

If Heimdall has no prisoners in his basement im the next pope! :D

I know these things!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun May 18, 2008 12:28 am

No mate we were discussing why you haven't mentioned the fact that LFC2007 called Heimdall a bellend, yet the Rock does similar and receives your criticism?

No mate, we were not discussing that. And we will discuss this until I want to discuss it, because I particularly find that majority of posters won't care about this chatter and yes about Sammy Lee and Rafa. :)

Why did I mention The Rock and not others? Because The Rock does that more often than others (Want links?). The supposed favouritism towards LFC2007 is a fruit of your imagination tree. And Off topic.

Seems a little like favouritism to me. I take it from this that its ok for your "friends" to say what they like. but anyone you disagree with or don't like will be caught in the "Sabre Censor"  :D

You take it wrong.

More discussion about this? is it really important?  ??? I don't think so.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun May 18, 2008 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 18, 2008 12:30 am

Sabre wrote:

No mate, we were not discussing that. And we will discuss this until I want to discuss it, because I particularly find that majority of posters won't care about this chatter and yes about Sammy Lee and Rafa. :)

Why did I mention The Rock and not others? Because The Rock does that more often than others (Want links?). The supposed favouritism towards LFC2007 is a fruit of your imagination tree. And Off topic.

You take it wrong.

More discussion about this? is it really important?  ??? I don't think so.

You brought it up Sabre. I was quite happily discussing football matters.

Postby Sabre » Sun May 18, 2008 12:32 am

I brought it up, and you chosed not to let it go calling me a censor.

Ah the clique, always alert.  :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 18, 2008 12:46 am

Sabre wrote:I brought it up, and you chosed not to let it go calling me a censor.

Your clique may be alert but it seems to only see one side?

Postby Number 9 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:52 am

s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:I brought it up, and you chosed not to let it go calling me a censor.

Saint

GROW UP LAD!

No real need to display your sh'ite on here and Sabre dont respond!
Lads p/m i bet you wont be so aggresive!
Been there done that,waste of time!

Bet im gonna get attacked now! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 18, 2008 12:57 am

Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Saint

GROW UP LAD!

Where have I been aggressive Barry? All I have said is that if Sabre feels the need to interfere in something that had nothing to do with him and criticise The Rock for name calling he should also feel the need to criticise LFC2007.

Same goes for you mate - nothing to do with you, yet you say Saint grow up.
What about your little Spanish buddy ?

Or have you forgotten all YOUR insults about him already?

Postby Sabre » Sun May 18, 2008 1:04 am

s@int wrote:

Look, S@int, honestly. If I had any sort of clique or censorship powers, you can be sure some people here would have more cards than they have :D

But that doesn't mean the mods look to another side, it simply means they have other opinions about posters. We all do. We can see all the insults in the posters, but we all put in context what they provide to the forum *regularly*. And LFC2007 is a poster that began here with several fights, was called a WUM (let me check by who, oh yes) but as of late, he doesn't discuss that way.

Heimdall, a poster who I disagree a lot, is a poster that is very respectful to others, I can see that even if I think very different to him!

I don't endorse the "bellend" that LFC has addressed to Heimdall, but I don't think it's his usual contribution to this forum AS OF LATE and I also can't help but notice that he says such names when Rafa, some players, or the team's good name are questioned.

So, you see, we all have opinions about others. Next time I see a situation like this I'll just say "Let's keep it about football, you lot" in order not to discuss our tastes -- which are unimportant for most people.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 18, 2008 1:07 am

Fair enough Sabre :)

Postby Number 9 » Sun May 18, 2008 1:18 am

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Saint

GROW UP LAD!

Where have I been aggressive Barry? All I have said is that if Sabre feels the need to interfere in something that had nothing to do with him and criticise The Rock for name calling he should also feel the need to criticise LFC2007.

For a start Saint,Sabre is not my "Spanish Buddy" i dont have any buddies on here!What i do know though is that he is a decent fella.Yes i have had words with Sabre in the past and tbh it says a lot about him that he can forgive!

I had words with a lot of people,on here and in life!
I wont deny that,whenever you spend 90% of your existance pished on Jack Daniels and Coke becasue you dont need to work its kind of inevitable that will happen!

BUT lad,you were a good poster,now you just want to insult me or someone else??
Im sick of the whole newkit status thing,your post number or aggression does not make you a better man.
I have been on this forum(in and out of jail)

:D

For years now under various names !

And there are only 2 things i have learnt

1)LFC have the best and most passionate supporters in the WHOLE WORLD!

2)Dont argue with people that do not share your veiws,its a waste of time!
Especially when i am always right!! :D

:rasp
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 18, 2008 1:26 am

heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:I notice on that thread which Joe bounced, I was claiming at the end of last season that Rafa had seen the light, he was about to not rotate anywhere near as much. Once again I was wrong, and once again it was painfully obvious that we tossed our chances away with silliness. If we do the same next season, it's definately time for a new manager.

Totally agree with that, towards the end of this season I was happy with how we played and you could see that the lads were gaining in confidence every game. IF Rafa starts over rotating again next season I think he will be out of the door very quickly. or at least I hope he would be.

Regarding Sammy Lee's appointment, I am not exactly over-excited. He was a joke as a manager so I can't see him contributing much and he hasn't really ever set the world alight with his coaching prowess either but at least there will be someone to back Rafa up all the time and massage his ego by telling him he's a genius and doing a great job.

:censored: off Hiemdell hes a grat coach and respected trough out the game

Listen lad im on one tonight so so im not takin any prisoners your never :censored: happy with what we do ive known Sammy for years and hes a good lad and hes a scouser and thatll do for me
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 18, 2008 1:31 am

Number 9 wrote:Its fuc,king Heimdall!

If Heimdall has no prisoners in his basement im the next pope! :D

I know these things!

IVE JUST :censored: ESCAPED :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun May 18, 2008 1:32 am

Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Saint

GROW UP LAD!

For a start Saint,Sabre is not my "Spanish Buddy" i dont have any buddies on here!What i do know though is that he is a decent fella.Yes i have had words with Sabre in the past and tbh it says a lot about him that he can forgive!

I had words with a lot of people,on here and in life!
I wont deny that,whenever you spend 90% of your existance pished on Jack Daniels and Coke becasue you dont need to work its kind of inevitable that will happen!

BUT lad,you were a good poster,now you just want to insult me or someone else??
Im sick of the whole newkit status thing,your post number or aggression does not make you a better man.
I have been on this forum(in and out of jail)

:D

For years now under various names !

And there are only 2 things i have learnt

1)LFC have the best and most passionate supporters in the WHOLE WORLD!

2)Dont argue with people that do not share your veiws,its a waste of time!
Especially when i am always right!! :D

:rasp

I was actually thinking earlier that since you came back Barry you've been just about the model poster on here. Fair play to you for that, I know sometimes it's not always easy to not get riled up with people but you're doing a good job of it. What's also good is that you are able (because you aren't banned all the time) to contribute to the football topics as well. I don't always agree with what you say but I do quite often, which from your point of view I'm not sure whether you'll regard as a good thing or not TBH   :D

Anyways, well done mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 18, 2008 1:33 am

s@int wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:It means Rafa had faith in his squad, that's all.

Why?    Torres started 29 games and came on as a sub in 4 games, 3 of which we drew and the other that we won against Fulham he came on and scored our first.

He didn't start against Blackburn draw, Birmingham draw, Portsmouth draw, Arsenal draw, and came off at half time in the Arsenal home game when we were leading.... finished a draw. Chelsea ? you guessed it Draw, Birmingham away draw.

Chelsea LC - didn't play lost :(

He didn't play against Luton away .... Draw
He didn't play against Barnsley  lost  :(

I am not saying we would have won all those games if Torres had played........ just that there is not a lot there to give much faith in the squad

I guess you've made the incorrect assumption that I'm defending his faith in his squad, I'm not. In hindsight I didn't really agree with his decision to omit Torres (at the time I believed we had enough quality to challenge for the title) from the starting line-up vs Birmingham, although they certainly should've done the job in that particular game.

This season's been as eye-opening for me as any vis-a-vis the quality of our squad in certain areas, I suspect he's also discovered this somewhat, esp. given all the speculation surrounding players potentially leaving the club (Riise, Crouch, Pennant for starters), as well as players coming in for other positions.

You are utter sh1t IMO.....   

1) You said rafa didn't say that Voronin is better at playing between the lines than Torres...well ....he did say voronin is the best striker to play between the lines did he ...?

2) As for point 2....all of a sudden you are rafa's PR man ? 

3) This just proves you are full of $hit........ M0R0N

1) I've already explained this point if you'd read my previous post.

2) Absolutely.

3) The Rock:

I) "HE MUST GO, HE MUST GO"

II) "LET ME BE CLEAR....I HOPE RAFA STAYS"

III) "THAT'S WHY I WANT RAFA OUT"

:kungfu:

I agree with The Rock, when asked why he hadn't played Torres against Birmingham 1)he didn't say he had faith that the team could win without Torres or that he had underestimated Torres or over estimated Voronin, or that it was an insignificant small part of his decision, he said :-

" Today was a difficult day because they were deep, narrow and compact and it's not easy to find spaces. You must be clever and try to play a different way," said Benítez. "I think that between the lines the best striker we have could be Voronin because he has movement, ability and technique."

1) So you don't believe he had faith that the team he selected could go and beat Birmingham City?

Even if he didn't say it after that particular game, it's simple enough to deduce. He selected Voronin as he had faith in his ability.

In fact he often reiterates his 'faith' in his squad. "I have faith in my squad" defo rings a bell to me.

As for Rafa's comments, I've referred to that already - he said he could be the best striker we have between the lines. "COULD BE". This was very early on in the season and with hindsight, it's quite clear he's just a very poor player, in any tactical scenario. That's not to say Rafa shouldn't have been competent enough to discern his ability in comparison with the rest of our strikers, as he should've, but I haven't a problem in accepting that managers on occasions call it wrong, make poor judgements* with regards ability etc.. He soon rectified that particular error in judgement.

*Just as plenty were reluctant to make a call on Torres before we signed him. We were the club that took the plunge, we (I should actually that it was Rafa given that I'm in the rose tinted 'Rafa brigade') made the call, and we got it right. He's now arguably the most desirable striker in world football, certainly in the top three, in my opinion. How often does this get mentioned by the 'other' brigade?

Another insightful, thought provoking post from you, you are a credit to moronic rose tinted wits everywhere.

How could anybody ever think that Voronin would be a better option at anything except sporting a truly horrendous 80's style ponytail!

Excuse me this time Heimdall, when I saw your veiled dig directed at the manager and the comments giving the impression that Sammy Lee is a complete idiot, I felt the need to respond appropriately.

I think you will find LFC2007 called Heimdall a name.

Correct, just as 'The Rock' likes to call people 'names' quite regularly, and just as you've done in the past. In fact, such is the nature of the forum at times.

As for Sabre pointing out 'The Rock's' abuse, I'd say he pointed it out and not my comment towards Heimdall for two reasons:

1) The Rock regularly delivers abuse on the forum, I do not.

2) Heimdall is widely regarded as a 'bellend' anyway :D

LFC2007 is constantly name calling and being abusive but never ever gets criticised for it.

I think you'll find the frequency with which I 'name call' is significantly below your level, 'The Rock's' level, and quite a few others respective levels. It's a myth that I'm constantly abusive and constantly name call.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion