Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Fri May 26, 2006 1:05 pm

BigMick + Robbie Earnshaw.

BigMick + Damien Francis. :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 26, 2006 1:19 pm

greenred wrote:Karl Heinz Riedle was another one who came with high expectations.World cup winner,European cup winner...he was gonna set the premiership alight.

He didnt.

i thought that too.  Karl Heinz Riedle came to us in a very similar guise to Nando....good in the air, great experience and reputation.  They were both excellent players, but sadly not suited to the pace of the Premier league.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 26, 2006 1:56 pm

I got it right when I said that Morientes wouldn't make it and er.. that's about it really. Wrong just about every other time much as I can remember.

:D
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Fri May 26, 2006 2:47 pm

JBG wrote:BigMick + Robbie Earnshaw.

BigMick + Damien Francis. :D

Still haven't given up on Robert Earnshaw tho' JBG  :wwww Anyhow, undeterred by my previous wide of the markers I have postyed up my tips for the top for next season. They are on the Premiership general discussion forum. This time its going to be so different.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri May 26, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 26, 2006 4:37 pm

I always thought Mark Kennedy would be top drawer.  I thought when we signed him he was too good for our reserves but he never made the first team too often did he?  You don't know what goes on in training do you?

Is he still at Wolves these days?
jonnymac1979

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 26, 2006 4:45 pm

Mark Kennedy is still at Wolves.
48-1119859832

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri May 26, 2006 5:25 pm

0asis wrote:Mark Kennedy is still at Wolves.

I had the feeling we signed him off the back of his great game for Luton against Arsenal.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Fri May 26, 2006 8:21 pm

david james for me.  big young and talented . how did he get so bad???

i had a bet with a mate that rednapp would be england captain for a big comp but he was robbed by injuries

biscan first game he was skinning people and i spouted off in the pub that he was the next big player in the prem

good  thread this one :cool:
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Speedy Gonzalez » Fri May 26, 2006 10:20 pm

s@int wrote:I have just been reading a few excellent posts about Steve Finnan and it got me thinking about how wrong I was about him when he first came. I thought he was just a typical Houllier squad player not fast enough,cant tackle, not tall enough and all he can do is cross. I admit it, I was WRONG.From this I began to think of the FEW other times I got it wrong about a player and I freely admit some of them were big mistakes.

Ray Clemance - I first saw him against Derby, I think it was his league debut. My verdict was that he would never make it.

Alan Hansen - never make it as a centre back but might make a decent fullback.

John Mcloughlin - saw him make his debut against Huddersfield and he was going to be a big star.

Ray Kennedy - too slow and drops too deep all the time never make it.

Phil Babb - He is going to be world class.

Bruno Cheyrou - He is going to be the new Zidane

Igor Biscan - He is going to be the new Zidane

Salif Diao - He is going to be the new Souness

In my defence I seem to be better at judging attacking players as I picked out big futures for S.Highway, K.Keegan, S.McManaman, R Fowler and M.Owen after their debuts.

I have to say I was right about Peter Crouch.

I was shocked when rafa signed him, and My fears were confirmed whe it took him about 18 games to score a goal, costing us points and the title race all the while.

Then we had that massive lean spell after the WCC and got knocked out of the CL without scoring a single goal.

Crouch has not surprised me at all , and will never be a goal scorer.

This is one of the main reasons why we never grabbed second, and we never put Chelsea under pressure.

I say expect more of the same in 2006/2007

Dont rate him
Speedy Gonzalez

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri May 26, 2006 11:35 pm

You do realise there is more to a strikers game than just scoring goals, if it was that simple we'd all be doing it.
48-1119859832

Postby davo_LFC » Sat May 27, 2006 1:33 am

when le tallec and flo po arrived they were gettin billed as the next henry and zidane, i was buzzin thinkin yeah the next zidane and look what happened.

TBH though, morientes is the player i have been most wrong about, i thought he would be a machine playing for us after seeing him in the CL for monaco. Sadly it just didnt happen for him.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Sat May 27, 2006 2:21 am

As an Irishman ive been disappointed with quite a few of our LFC arrivals.Mcateer(scouser but played for Ireland) came with a big reputation,Babb the same,Kennedy was a British transfer record for a teenager,Stan Staunton was a great success under Dalglish but didnt work out when Evans bought him,Michael Robinson was average at best.

Thank God we gave the reds a few decent players to make up for it.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Sat May 27, 2006 4:18 am

I never get it wrong. :D
Good Bob

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat May 27, 2006 3:55 pm

Good Bob wrote:I never get it wrong. :D

There's always one.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Sat May 27, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Effes » Sat May 27, 2006 4:20 pm

Espionage wrote:and i was starting to fear during his duck steak

Me too but he polished it off well with a glass of wine.

Mr Creosote would have been proud.

:p
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion