Players proving me wrong.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby butteredmonkey » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:54 am

I love it when players prove me wrong.  Biscan and Kewell haven't been at the top of me favorites list but fair play they were fantastic tonight.  Great result...........c'mon Chelsea
Rent Boys!!!

:kungfu:
butteredmonkey

Postby el_stinger » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:44 am

What about Garcia?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kid a » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:07 am

Biscan certainly shut me up tonight..

He was great!!

I never rated him, and always doubted his presence on the team. But, I have to admit...he really came through for us against Leverkusen.
Kid a

Postby ronmeister » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:28 am

Yeah i shouted "stand up and be counted at kickoff" i think Biscan got counted twice i think the whole team showed true Liverpool passion tonight.Now lets hope we can gain that ever important consistanty.
ronmeister

Postby tel » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:55 am

I have to add Steve Finnan to the list.

Thought he was a bad buy in his first season, but we've been a better side this year when he's started at right back.
tel

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:57 am

Kewell didn't have a particularly good game last night. He wasn't fit and looked very immobile.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:07 am

True but he did go close a couple of times and he won us the freekick that riise scored from
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:47 am

And what about Dudek?  He was......yes well....we was, wasn't he.  He pulled off a couple of good saves, but either he is very nervous, lacks concentration, or should be flippin' burgers.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:10 am

kewell was brilliant last night considering his lack off match sharpness. What you have to see with him is his intelligence off the ball. He makes runs that stretch their defenders they dont know whether to go with him or swap over and take up different opponents. As for IGOR THE GREAT ill say no more.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:40 am

BOODIDDY wrote:kewell was brilliant last night considering his lack off match sharpness. What you have to see with him is his intelligence off the ball. He makes runs that stretch their defenders they dont know whether to go with him or swap over and take up different opponents. As for IGOR THE GREAT ill say no more.

Agreed... Kewell is starting to come good.  Hopefully he can stay injury free so his confidence can improve more.  What ever Rafa said to him, when Kewell pleaded for help, has worked!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:20 pm

your all here praising harry kewell until his next poor perfomance when you start slating him again, yes he played good but dnt get carried away as you will be held accountable for your own disappointments, hyypia was praised by every1 after the fulham game after scoring then cussed for the bham howler show, yes kewell played much better and its refreshing to see a player of his quality finding some form, ur all only gonna go and end up abusing him after his next poor performance, lets not get carried away and just only hope kewell can go to strength to strength from last nights game
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby antz » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:46 pm

Harry played okay yesterday but would not say it was a classic performance, in my opinion his main probelm seems that he has lost his pace which has effected his ability to beat defenders which was his biggest assest when he was playing at his peak.
antz

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:09 pm

Nando wrote:your all here praising harry kewell until his next poor perfomance when you start slating him again, yes he played good but dnt get carried away as you will be held accountable for your own disappointments, hyypia was praised by every1 after the fulham game after scoring then cussed for the bham howler show, yes kewell played much better and its refreshing to see a player of his quality finding some form, ur all only gonna go and end up abusing him after his next poor performance, lets not get carried away and just only hope kewell can go to strength to strength from last nights game

Agreed - he has improved considerably under Rafa - starting to show his Leeds level.  However, he may never be a John Barnes.  But I will be happy to see him improving, staying injury free, and regaining his form, and being consistant.  Maybe, just maybe, he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Barnes.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:32 pm

Maybe after hes won the footballer of the year a couple of times, the F.A. cup, the title and danced through an entire Brazilian team to score a wonder goal!!!
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:35 pm

Sean wrote:Maybe after hes won the footballer of the year a couple of times, the F.A. cup, the title and danced through an entire Brazilian team to score a wonder goal!!!

Ahhh....There can only be one Brazilian Barnes!!!
:D  :D  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion