Sunday's debacle - .....wrong subs at wrong time?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NCRedFan7 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:35 pm

My player by player take on the game:

Impressed:

Warnock - Although he had early game jitters and gave up a ridiculous corner, he rallied nicely and played brilliant defense for the rest of the match.  When he was replaced by Traore, I was very surprised.

Carragher - Another solid performance.

Hyppia - Ditto

Gerrard - Another fine performance from the captain, denied only by a fine piece of goalkeeping.  Van Der Sar was all over the pitch all match.

Riise - Let's forget completely about putting Zenden out there, keep Riise at the left midfield, he's got pace and he makes things happen, period.

Crouch - Give him someone to link up with who plays worth a damn and Liverpool nets three.

Reina - Great saves.

Pongolle - Brilliant on the ball, full of energy and pace, needs more playing time...perhaps at a different place on the pitch...

Lukewarm:

Xavi Alonso - Not a spectacular effort, but nothing phenomenally terrible.

Momo - Only here because he DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO PLAY ENOUGH.

Depressed:

Luis BLEEPING Garcia: Couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.  He managed to singlehandedly lose the match for us.  Rafa, hear the call of your faithful: DON'T EVER START HIM AT FORWARD AGAIN.

Traore - Played awfully.  Managed to get burned a few time and get a card in the few minutes he was in the game.

Final thoughts: Bench Garcia, move Pongolle to striker, put Momo in the starting lineup in midfield.

Agree/disagree?
-NCRedFan7
NCRedFan7

Postby RedRoots » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:40 pm

Bench Garcia and start Cisse, simple as that, Rafa is treating him terribly yet giving Garcia a game, fuc/kin favouritism is doin my nut in!
RedRoots

Postby The_Rock » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:54 pm

These are the changes i want

1)Bench Garcia
2)Move gerrard to the right wing
3)Play Cisse with Crouch (as strikers). (ie...guess then have to play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 (cisse as support striker).
4)Alonso & Sissoko central midfield
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:57 pm

We did take control of the game when Sissoko came on. If he had been on from the start inplace of garcia( obviously not a straight swap positionally) who knows?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tidusuk123 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:07 pm

The_Rock wrote:These are the changes i want

1)Bench Garcia
2)Move gerrard to the right wing
3)Play Cisse with Crouch (as strikers). (ie...guess then have to play 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 (cisse as support striker).
4)Alonso & Sissoko central midfield

For once "the rock" has said something that makes sense. Did you take my advice and get some fresh air then? :;):
tidusuk123

Postby liverpoolrich » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:12 pm

play a 4-3-1-2
reina

finnan rb
jc cb
hyypia cb
warnock lb

gerrard rcm
alonso lcm
sissoko cm

garcia cam

cisse fw
crouch fw
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:14 pm

How did Garcia single handedly loose us the match? we drew. IMO Garcia is one of our best players everyone has an off game. Didn't hear too many complaints after the Real Betis game.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby NCRedFan7 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:25 pm

As far as I'm concerned, getting a draw is like kissing your sister.  So I consider that losing.  If you didn't win, you lost.  Period.  Draws are always annoying.  Anyone for penalty shootouts to settle all matches? (j/k)

-NCRedFan7
NCRedFan7

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:41 pm

NCRedFan7 wrote:If you didn't win, you lost.  Period.

Thats Bollox. We're in a league were you get points from winning and drawing matches. Ok drawing isn't as good as winning obviously but sometimes a draw is a decent result. At the end of the season it could be the difference between qualifying for the champions league or not. You have to look at the bigger picture.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:43 pm

hey Barry i can see you hovering there mate i,ve put a tenner on Arsenal to win 4 nil tonight  12-1
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:44 pm

If Raffa insists on a 4-5-1 he should not have played Gerrard so deep!After garcias performance yesterday he should be dropped! I think this is probably our best  option in a 4-5-1!
                       finnan   carra    hyypia   warnock

pongo   sissoko  alonso  riise
                                     gerrard

crouch

To me yesterday gerrard was wasted in a more defensive role and  being honest i dont know what Raffa was thinking!
66-1120597113

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:45 pm

drummerphil wrote:hey Barry i can see you hovering there mate i,ve put a tenner on Arsenal to win 4 nil tonight  12-1

Goin for  a 3-1 Phil!!!  good luck mate
66-1120597113

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:24 pm

NCRedFan7 wrote:My player by player take on the game:

Impressed:

Warnock - Although he had early game jitters and gave up a ridiculous corner, he rallied nicely and played brilliant defense for the rest of the match.  When he was replaced by Traore, I was very surprised.

Carragher - Another solid performance.

Hyppia - Ditto

Gerrard - Another fine performance from the captain, denied only by a fine piece of goalkeeping.  Van Der Sar was all over the pitch all match.

Riise - Let's forget completely about putting Zenden out there, keep Riise at the left midfield, he's got pace and he makes things happen, period.

Crouch - Give him someone to link up with who plays worth a damn and Liverpool nets three.

Reina - Great saves.

Pongolle - Brilliant on the ball, full of energy and pace, needs more playing time...perhaps at a different place on the pitch...

Lukewarm:

Xavi Alonso - Not a spectacular effort, but nothing phenomenally terrible.

Momo - Only here because he DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO PLAY ENOUGH.

Depressed:

Luis BLEEPING Garcia: Couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.  He managed to singlehandedly lose the match for us.  Rafa, hear the call of your faithful: DON'T EVER START HIM AT FORWARD AGAIN.

Traore - Played awfully.  Managed to get burned a few time and get a card in the few minutes he was in the game.

Final thoughts: Bench Garcia, move Pongolle to striker, put Momo in the starting lineup in midfield.

Agree/disagree?
-NCRedFan7

Great another stupid clueless know nothing jumped up American !

Crawl back into your swamp.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:24 pm

NCRedFan7 wrote:As far as I'm concerned, getting a draw is like kissing your sister.  So I consider that losing.  If you didn't win, you lost.  Period.  Draws are always annoying.  Anyone for penalty shootouts to settle all matches? (j/k)

-NCRedFan7

Great another stupid clueless know nothing jumped up American !

Crawl back into your swamp.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:33 pm

this one amazes me
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion