The 2021/22 rebuild - time for some tough decisions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:08 am

Keita wants to stay and fight for his place  :laugh: . On what, the physio table  :laugh: He's become emotionally attached to it. 
It just hasn't worked out for him and we should cash in if we get the chance otherwise he will be winding down his contract. Time to move Ox on as well.  Shaq and Origi as well so if downsizing meant getting rid of those 4 and getting 2 decent players in we would be better off.

What will be interesting to see is if other premier league clubs are willing to do business with us after the attempted ESL breakaway.

If we do go to Wolves then it should be for Raul Jimenez. We need a player with a bit of presence in the box. Throw Origi or Shaq in to sweeten the deal if needs be. Neto won't give us that presence and we wont do a lot of business so its important what we do solves actual problems for the team.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:16 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Origi, Ox, Keita just run down their contracts. We really need to push them out and make some sort of return. Also wouldn't mind getting rid of Matip aswel, decent CB but a crock to say the least.

I can't see the owners spending this summer, we will more or less have to sell and buy. I really hope we don't buy that konate lad.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:37 am

Klopp's biggest weakness is that he is WAAAAY too loyal to his players. Can and Gini are typical examples of this behaviour. He's terrible at looking at the big financial picture.
It works great in the beginning as he treats eveyone like family and get great cohesion from the group. But he has ZERO capability to be ruthless and will only sell players if they missbehave or won't follow the rules.
He will just continue onb keeping the players and never sctivly trying to sell players and instead let contracts run out. 2 of the front 3 should had been sold already as that would had brought in the funds to overhaul the team. Now they
are closing in on 30 and their value is dropping lik a rock. Maybe 2-3players will leave like Gini, Adrian whose contracts are up. Maybe someone like Miniamino will leave but not much else.
Selling Keita won't happen as that will incur a huge loss on the books.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:49 pm

Klopp has loyalty to some of them but that's a lot to do with what the alternatives are.  He does deserve criticism as no manager is exempt from that but the likes of Gini and Emre walking out for free is all Edward's doing and not Klopps.

The big question is why Klopp wont use the players bought for him. Why is he putting Milner at LB to cover for Robbo and not tsimikas? . If he pushed to get him as cover then he would use him. Robbo needs a rest since last year so the fact that he is still playing says a lot about his back up.

FSG need to do something in the summer because we have one of the best managers in the game and cannot afford to lose him.  Is it fair to expect him to get us back up there by flogging 11 players again and he will if the options he has are still the same.

We can blame the defence all we want but that's not where it went pear shaped this season. It's up front and every defender in europe has their number. It's at the stage you would be slagged to bits if Salah or Mane get past you with their one trick. Yeah Salah has the goals but also a serious fooking amount of nothing. The amount of games this season that we spurned chances in and it came back to bite the hole off us. Bobby hasnt a clue what to do or where to put himself in the box. None of them do except keep repeating it over and over till we get lucky or force a mistake. 

We dont need a massive adjustment in one hit just better options than what we have on that bench. Are we really going to hope next season Ox and Keita are going to somehow stay fit or that its Shaq and Origi's time to shine.  Just have to accept that some just dont or wont work out and move them on.  This is where Edward's needs to work on in the summer to raise the funds needed for at least 2 or 3 options.  A striker would be a good place to start!!.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:45 pm

City bossed that game last night and I hate to say it but it looks like this could be the year they finally win the CL. They are a hell of a side to be fair and they are probably going to be even stronger next year because they will no doubt bring in one of either Harland, Mbappe or Kane to replace Aguero.
No disrespect to any of the players but we are going to need more than Minamino, Tsimkas, Davies, Kabak etc type signings to bridge the gap, Jurgen is probably the best manager in the world but he needs the raw materials to work with.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:06 pm

The club will not be looking at the likes of Mbappe and Haaland or Kane - might as well get that out of the way now

Kane will cost over £100mil and with his dodgy ankle will never be looked at

Mbappe is going to cost near £200mil - will never pay that sort of money for one player

Haaland will cost close to £150mil and then looking at £500k a week

Those players are not in our budget- only PSG , City , Madrid or Barce will be able to get Mbappe and Haaland.

The club have shown over the 5 years that they can get the players needed to win and beat those other teams.

3 players will prob arrive - a Cb ( Kounde ) a Centre Mid to replace Gini and then someone for the forward line

Players thah will leave will be the guys currently on loan - Wilson and Grujic

Plus Shaqiri and Origi will prob be sold

Minamino unsure - Ox and Keita will stay

Will be interesting to see what Klopp does with Elliot - maybe a loan to a Prem club next
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:40 pm

I don’t think anyone’s expecting us to sign the big guns like mbappe, and like you say we’ve shown we can mix with the best through being shrewd in the transfer market anyway. Just a shame that hasn’t been implemented on a more consistent basis. Will be an interesting summer for sure. Unlike some I don’t think a massive overhaul is needed...after all it was literally two players who transformed us from mediocre nearly-men to world champions.
Last edited by Franky000 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Franky000

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 pm

{quote] The club will not be looking at the likes of Mbappe and Haaland or Kane - might as well get that out of the way now[/quote]

:nod , agreed.

Would also add that even if we had the money ! given our decline from where we where this time last year and with probably no CL footy next season (?) I doubt if any of those mentioned would still be interested in joining us.  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:06 pm

The dream would be Mbappe, Aouar, Konate and Saint Maximin/Dembele all French.

Reality will be Bissouma, Bellotti, Traore.

If we buy the top lot we challenge for the title.. if we buy the bottom lot we'll struggle for the top 4 again.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:10 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:06 pm wrote:The dream would be Mbappe, Aouar, Konate and Saint Maximin/Dembele all French.

If we buy the top lot we challenge for the title.. if we buy the bottom lot we'll struggle for the top 4 again.

Nonsense
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:10 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:06 pm wrote:The dream would be Mbappe, Aouar, Konate and Saint Maximin/Dembele all French.

Nonsense
Who do you realistically think we'll sign in the summer?

FSG will already have Virgil coming back from injury as a new signing lined up no doubt.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:14 am

it will be a similar summer to last. With teams will to take installements.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:48 am

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:10 pm wrote:

Nonsense
Who do you realistically think we'll sign in the summer?

FSG will already have Virgil coming back from injury as a new signing lined up no doubt.

Whoever we sign the team will be challenging City again

The nonsense bit was the suggestion that if we don’t spend £300mil on those players you suggest we struggle for top 4
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:00 am

This will be the first summer for a number of years that Klopp and those players not going to the Euros or the Copa America will get a proper break. Hopefully Trent and Henderson join the likes of Salah and Mane getting a good break. And with our 3 CBs due back in pre-season, I'm pretty confident of a title challenge next year let alone top 4. This is a really good group of players who only 12 months ago were breaking all sorts of records. People have short memories.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:12 pm

There is a good chance Hendo and Virgil could make the Euros yet. Both are captains so will do there best to make it imo.

The African Nations in January will be a bigger problem I reckon because of the players we will lose.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion