The 2021/22 rebuild - time for some tough decisions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:06 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 pm wrote:There is a good chance Hendo and Virgil could make the Euros yet. Both are captains so will do there best to make it imo.

The African Nations in January will be a bigger problem I reckon because of the players we will lose.

Hendo probably will make it. As of today, van Djik has only got as far as running in a straight line so there is no chance of him playing for us before the season is out so can't see him going to the Euros. Should play a decent part in pre-season though. Should be ready for 1 game a week by the time the season starts.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:16 pm

Eagle wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 pm wrote:There is a good chance Hendo and Virgil could make the Euros yet. Both are captains so will do there best to make it imo.

The African Nations in January will be a bigger problem I reckon because of the players we will lose.

Hendo probably will make it. As of today, van Djik has only got as far as running in a straight line so there is no chance of him playing for us before the season is out so can't see him going to the Euros. Should play a decent part in pre-season though. Should be ready for 1 game a week by the time the season starts.

Hopefully Mate.  It would certainly be better for us if he missed out. International games are far more aggressive and especially in the knockout stages.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 01, 2021 9:54 am

It might not actually be the worst thing if they do go to the Euro’s, after such a long period out the odds of them hitting the ground running are pretty slim so a summer playing in a competitive tournament might help get them ready for the start of the new season. Let’s face it after spending the best part of an entire season on the sidelines fatigue won’t really be an issue.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 02, 2021 12:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 01, 2021 8:54 am wrote:It might not actually be the worst thing if they do go to the Euro’s, after such a long period out the odds of them hitting the ground running are pretty slim so a summer playing in a competitive tournament might help get them ready for the start of the new season. Let’s face it after spending the best part of an entire season on the sidelines fatigue won’t really be an issue.

I’d say sure as long as VVD’s health and interests are prioritized over Holland’s success, it has to be carefully managed preferably with Liverpool medical staff having the final say, that however won’t happen.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 02, 2021 2:03 pm

kazza » Sun May 02, 2021 11:53 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 01, 2021 8:54 am wrote:It might not actually be the worst thing if they do go to the Euro’s, after such a long period out the odds of them hitting the ground running are pretty slim so a summer playing in a competitive tournament might help get them ready for the start of the new season. Let’s face it after spending the best part of an entire season on the sidelines fatigue won’t really be an issue.

I’d say sure as long as VVD’s health and interests are prioritized over Holland’s success, it has to be carefully managed preferably with Liverpool medical staff having the final say, that however won’t happen.

Yeah good point, but even if the big fella returns good as new which is doubtful given the severity of his injury there are going to be a few ropey performances early doors, from a purely selfish point of view and I know proud Dutchmen like Virgil and Gini wouldn’t appreciate me saying this but as a proud scouser I say let the Dutch NT kop for those dodgy early performances not us! I don’t give a fv.ck about any NT, international football is beyond Shyte and I’m baffled how the players themselves seem to revere it so much, Liverpool is my country.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 02, 2021 3:42 pm

Another game today with Keita on the bench. Starting to think Klopp has given up with him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun May 02, 2021 4:01 pm

7_Kewell » Sun May 02, 2021 3:42 pm wrote:Another game today with Keita on the bench. Starting to think Klopp has given up with him.

TBF Milner has been playing pretty well recently so makes sense to have him alongside Fabinho and Thiago.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 02, 2021 4:06 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Another game today with Keita on the bench. Starting to think Klopp has given up with him.

In fairness what has Keita done since he signed ? . He is up there with Aqualani as the worst signing the club ever made.

Game delayed  :ghostface:  Think there is a massive protest outside the toilet.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 02, 2021 4:10 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisis ... fford/amp/

Looks like the protest actually got into the ground.

This might get called off altogether.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 02, 2021 4:15 pm

Apparently the teams haven't even left the hotels yet  :laugh:  The fans are on the pitch taking penalties and everything  :laugh: it looks like total chaos and it will be hard to see this game going ahead.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 02, 2021 4:27 pm

red till i die!! » Sun May 02, 2021 3:15 pm wrote:Apparently the teams haven't even left the hotels yet  :laugh:  The fans are on the pitch taking penalties and everything  :laugh: it looks like total chaos and it will be hard to see this game going ahead.

From the pitch the fans will have access to the bowels of the stadium, for security/Covid reasons the authorities are going to have to comb every inch of OT (every broom cupboard etc) before they allow the game to go ahead. That could take hours. I think this will get cancelled.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 02, 2021 4:29 pm

I hope not mate. Looking the the coverage here and the pitch is clear. It looks like they are trying to gain control outside and it looks like they are making headway there as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun May 02, 2021 4:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 02, 2021 4:27 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun May 02, 2021 3:15 pm wrote:Apparently the teams haven't even left the hotels yet  :laugh:  The fans are on the pitch taking penalties and everything  :laugh: it looks like total chaos and it will be hard to see this game going ahead.

From the pitch the fans will have access to the bowels of the stadium, for security/Covid reasons the authorities are going to have to comb every inch of OT (every broom cupboard etc) before they allow the game to go ahead. That could take hours. I think this will get cancelled.

It won’t be cancelled - will prob start around 6ish
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 02, 2021 6:37 pm

Been called off  :down:  was looking forward to it as well  :down:

Anyway big statement from the Manure fans towards the Glazers.. it certainly got noticed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:48 pm

Neco Williams has just solved our midfield issues. Play him on the left in our usual 433. Motm tonight for Wales.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion