Players proving me wrong.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:33 pm

the game was too stop start for me, on the highlights it said there was over 30 fouls commited, the referee was not good enough for a game of this calibre
109-1105722616

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:37 pm

marklfc wrote:there was over 30 fouls commited

the referee was not good enough for a game of this calibre

that's an understatement. the ref and the linesman on the centenary stand side were an absolute disgrace, especially in the first half.

the ref must have awarded them about three times as many free kicks as us. everytime they got touched they just fell over.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:50 pm

i've been reading lots of the threads about last nights game and there's a real lack of mention of garcia (that i can find...). he had an excellent game and showed real commitment and at last some decent passing and running. the way he took his goal was superb. he looked like a different player and i'm made up.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:53 pm

andy_g wrote:i've been reading lots of the threads about last nights game and there's a real lack of mention of garcia (that i can find...). he had an excellent game and showed real commitment and at last some decent passing and running. the way he took his goal was superb. he looked like a different player and i'm made up.

Garcia yet again proved that while having an eye for Row Z, he also retains an eye for goal. After a difficult winter, and some turbulent months in his personal life, he is back to creating and scoring goals. Time will tell how good he can yet be, but he still offers the side so much to the side when on form. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ronmeister » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:39 pm

Overall it was a great team performance the only player who played higher than there potential for me was Biscan everyone else just played as well as they normally do but they played as a Unit instead of lots of liverpool players there was a Liverpool TEAM.
ronmeister

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:27 pm

and when baros when through on goal ( 1 on 1 ) my heart was in my mouth..and the keeper saved it..unlucky i say...ah well 3-1 is absolutly brilliant :D  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby liamac » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:43 pm

Got to say Kewell has really improved , i have a feeling that Raffa has whispered in his ear that if he didnt improve  quickly then  Kewell would be getting  little tattoo on his @rse  and he would be Raffa,s little puppy !!! :D

On a more serious note , Garcia was excellent last night , was some great passing going on  and makes us all feel really good inside to know that  we dont need SG on the pitch to perform well.
Mouth wattering prospect when SG and Alonso are in midfield and Nando is playing tho.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion