Gerrard on the right - Short term solution?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:13 pm

centre mid is where most games are won and lost and personally i`m against moving gerrard wide. i`d move cisse there first.
to me a centre mid partnership of alonso and gerrard is as good as anything in the prem, i dont think alonso and hamaan or sissoko would be as near as effective.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:18 pm

Is a good idea sadly SG's ego is not small enough to fit on the right.
109-1093441336

Postby Alonso14 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:54 pm

I would be all for this idea for a couple of games. But long term wise we diffeniatly need to get some one half decent in, i mean look what morientes can do if he gets the service. I have no doubt that rafas tryin his best to get one in, defineatly for those away days.

Mayb Steed Malbaque (spelling?) would be a decent signing, coming in to his 'peak' years and realy looks like he can make the step up. Altho Man C had a £4m bid recently turned down. £6m should do it. What do you guys think?
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:59 pm

My answer for right midfield is not Stevie G. He's young, English and currently a right full-back. I reckon for about 4 mill you'd get him and his name is Glen Johnson. If he's not a right-midfielder that's been playing out of position all his life then I'm Dutch. It's one of those things that I just can't believe that none of the Premiership managers have considered. It requires the merest modicum of imagination and watching him play but once to convince you that it is a goer. That said, I know it won't happen but it's a top shout in my not very humble opinion. :p
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:43 pm

I agree Johnson has ability and I think he'll be wasted at Chelsea.

I can see what you are saying about him as a wide player, but I haven't really seen enough of his crossing ability to fully make up my mind. He certainly has pace and natural athleticism, and has good enough technique to play midfield.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion