Postby NANNY RED » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:04 pm

Class cigg class :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:07 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:ERM am i really going senile here or am i just :censored: stupid but i cant find the Gerrard thread whats goin on with this one ???

You're going senile  :D

Okey Doky why did i know you would respond please be kind  to me for just one day :D

This is the 'Gerrard admits...' thread Nanny, it changed to the MOD/Peewee thread on page 6 or 7 and was subsequently moved to the Gen chat, possibly as a consequence of power crazy MOD's.

:D
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:12 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:ERM am i really going senile here or am i just :censored: stupid but i cant find the Gerrard thread whats goin on with this one ???

You're going senile  :D

Okey Doky why did i know you would respond please be kind  to me for just one day :D

This is the 'Gerrard admits...' thread Nanny, it changed to the MOD/Peewee thread on page 6 or 7 and was subsequently moved to the Gen chat, possibly as a consequence of power crazy MOD's.

Im a nosy bit.ch arnt i  :nod
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:19 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:You certainly don't get that power based on what this forum is about. It's about Liverpool Football Club, and not one of you knows what that means. It means you remain loyal to manager, players, board and FANS throughout thick and thin. You don't go and laugh and throw digs at another fan just because you disagree. I'll repeat myself it's a disgrace. I've been stood on the kop for nearly 40 years, lived in Liverpool 8 for the entirity of my life-time and know exactly what it means to be a fan of this club. You mods obviously don't because you take great pleasure in ensuring someone doesn't get to post about the club they love.

Who in the bloody hell do you think you are questioning our loyalty to the club and what makes you think you have any basis whatsoever for questioning our motives when we do a job that virtually no one on this forum wants to do for themselves?  Do you get inundated with PMs about the behaviour of other members every time you log on?  Do you have to deal with the wind-up merchants that come back time and time again under different usernames?  Do you have to take flack every time you close or merge a thread in the interests of keeping the discussion focused?  Do you get dog's abuse, disgusting jokes about your dead father and veiled death threats (you heard me) in your PM box after you've banned someone?**  Didn't think so.

So, you'll want to shut your mouth on this topic, I'm fair certain, because you don't have the first clue what you're talking about and I'm sure as sh!t not going to sit back and be called a disgrace for doing a thankless job that you clearly can neither understand nor appreciate. :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

**Let me stress very clearly that these comments are in no way referring to PMs received from any currently active member on this forum.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby redhayesy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:19 pm

Ciggy wrote:Image

Pure class!! best laugh i"ve had all day thanks ciggy
keep em coming, we need all the laughs we
can get at the moment, especially with some
of the idiot posts i have to read on here just
lately, that is awsome!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:24 pm

Ciggy wrote:Image

LOL

I made that and posted it on RAWK the other day.

Edit - what's with this topic being in general chat?
Last edited by Emerald Red on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:47 pm

Emerald your just as nosy as i am:D
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:59 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:You certainly don't get that power based on what this forum is about. It's about Liverpool Football Club, and not one of you knows what that means. It means you remain loyal to manager, players, board and FANS throughout thick and thin. You don't go and laugh and throw digs at another fan just because you disagree. I'll repeat myself it's a disgrace. I've been stood on the kop for nearly 40 years, lived in Liverpool 8 for the entirity of my life-time and know exactly what it means to be a fan of this club. You mods obviously don't because you take great pleasure in ensuring someone doesn't get to post about the club they love.

Who in the bloody hell do you think you are questioning our loyalty to the club and what makes you think you have any basis whatsoever for questioning our motives when we do a job that virtually no one on this forum wants to do for themselves?  Do you get inundated with PMs about the behaviour of other members every time you log on?  Do you have to deal with the wind-up merchants that come back time and time again under different usernames?  Do you have to take flack every time you close or merge a thread in the interests of keeping the discussion focused?  Do you get dog's abuse, disgusting jokes about your dead father and veiled death threats (you heard me) in your PM box after you've banned someone?**  Didn't think so.

So, you'll want to shut your mouth on this topic, I'm fair certain, because you don't have the first clue what you're talking about and I'm sure as sh!t not going to sit back and be called a disgrace for doing a thankless job that you clearly can neither understand nor appreciate. :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry

**Let me stress very clearly that these comments are in no way referring to PMs received from any currently active member on this forum.

Do you get dog's abuse, disgusting jokes about your dead father and veiled death threats (you heard me) in your PM box after you've banned someone?**

With hindsight though Bob , you really should ask 100 members in the forum if the fella responsible for those (in his mind sincere) threats should remain banned.

Nah , f'uck 'em , lets just continue being power crazy.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:51 am

Yet again everyone takes, it completely the wrong way. You decide to be "mods" not the correct term because the correct term of the word mod was a 60s style who wore parkas and drove GS and Lambretta scooters (something I did in my late teens while listening to The Jam), but that's neither here nor there.

You decided to be mods, so you knew what you were letting yourself in for, if you can't handle it then don't take the responsibilty on, is that difficult to understand? It's pretty much like people moaning about when they get collared by a copper. If you're prepared to do whatever crime you are, then you have to expect the consequences that come with it, so stop :censored: moaning about it. Point one cleared.

Point two, if you read woof woof, you'd see I clearly said over 100 members, now unless the counting system has changed 800 is more than 100 is it not?

Point three, who here has asked for anything to be removed, or deleted? Nobody, I clearly said if anything is going to benifit the forum, which I assume is the main reason you lot are moderators. I assume your main duty is to "make the forum a better place", that being the case, surely every member of the forum has a right to say what they would like to see changed. So everyone should get a say. Obviously you can't leave it open for debate forever, but a set time limit of two/three days gives everyone ample opportunity to express his/her view on the topic. This way it's a much fairer way because you go with what the majority want. But I suppose that takes away your little title and makes you feel less important eh lads? Like when you were removed as milk monitor from school and your entire world came to an end.

Point four, I was asked earlier to bring this topic back to football. Since I tried this, I've seen two maybe three posts about football. Ciggy and myself only (if memory serves me right) yet the "moderators" think it's better to sit there and insult others, good example you're setting lads, but then again you're allowed to aren't you because you have a title. You're under the guidance of teacher aren't you?

So here goes again, maybe you more fickle fans who don't understand what Liverpool Football Club is about, can continue a football debate this time.

"Gerrard admits end of title race" I'll repeat myself, took him long enough to find that out didn't it. We were out of the title race by Christmas, just like every other year. Then we get the usuals "let's concentrate on fourth" "if we win the FA Cup it'll be a good year" "give him time and Souness,Evans,Houllier,Benitez will get it right" Well I've had it with concentrating on fourth, winning other cup competitions and giving time. It's pathetic, the reason we're always out of the race is because the players couldn't give a toss. They don't care if they never win the league because they still pick up a fair whack at the end of the week. They don't have to graft for their money like most. They can underperform time and time and time again yet still pick up the money. We've always had manangers who allow them to as well. It's not the players and it's not the staff and it's not the board and it's not those fans who are happy coming fourth who's heart sinks year in year out when they see United/Arsenal/Chelsea/Leeds/Blackburn picking up the premiership. No but my heart sinks, and it's continued sinking for 18 :censored: years now. I look through my scrapbooks and the rest of my Liverpool collection and all I see is success. Now what can I show my son and grandson eh, a table reading 1) Arsenal, 2) United, 3) Chelsea, 4) Liverpool. There's no pride or achivement coming fourth. Only disappointment, and it hurts me even more when I see so called fans giving up on the league by Christmas. It hurts me when I see fans giving the players, staff and board stick and then I think to meself, why should it hurt me, they're the reasons I'm hurting. They're the reasons we're 20 points behind the leaders come Easter. It's not the fans fault. It's the fans who've stuck with the club and will remain at the club a lot longer than players, staff or board. It makes sense, that fans view their discontent and I just like anyone else on here and around the city of Liverpool and anywhere else in the world where a Liverpool fan is sitting, have that right to express the view. The only problem is we as fans are loyal to our club, you'll never see us turn on the manager at the ground. No that's not what this club is about, we've got much better support than that. And the fans who are prepared to fight for fourth because it means qualification for next season's Champions League, ought to be ashamed of themselves as well. You shouldn't sit there and think it's a good season if we come fourth, because let me tell you its a :censored: disgraceful season coming second never mind fourth. We're Liverpool Football Club in case you've forgotten and that stands for success and refuse to accept failure. I for one haven't and don't plan on accepting failure. I accept nothing but the best from every :censored: involved with my club, from the two :censored: up named Tom Hicks and George Gillett, to the old poor tea girl. Everyone has to pull in the same direction and want the same thing. Yet again we slip four or five points behind and people are saying we're out of the title race. That message hits the players, they're heads drop and we slip further and further behind. To the point where it is impossible to win the league, well right now, right :censored: now it's not impossible. Nothing for the best club in the land, for the most successful club in the land, is impossible. We can win that title the only problem is, the players don't want to graft for it. They might mess up their newly gelled hair, or a :censored: shoelace might come undone if they ran their hearts out. No they leave that to Europe don't they. They're not interested in winning the league so they can boast to their mates we're better than Derby and Wigan. They want the Champions League, where there's more :censored: spotlight and media attention and when they win it they can say "we're better than Barcelona and AC Milan" Well like I said in me earlier moan unless you're prepared to put in the effort and make sure you get enough points to finish inside that top four, you don't play the likes of Barcelona and AC Milan. It's :censored: critical that these players realise this and maybe then they'll accept the league must be first at all costs. Then maybe just :censored: maybe, we'll win the league title. When players start realising that there's more satisfaction in winning the league than there is in conqueering europe. A few fans could do with realising this as well, playing Middlesbrough at home for example is just as :censored: important as playing Inter at home, so the same sort of noise wouldn't go a miss. But again when Liverpool win their next league title, everyone of the players will go down as a hero in folk law, because we've waited that long. That alone should enspire the likes of Harry :censored: Kewell and Aurellio to at least try and look interested. Again I'll repeat meself, I want the league title because it's something I was acustomed to as a lad growing up on the Kop and around the Toxteth area. Also I want that Premiership title to shut all those :censored: up who laugh at us for never winning it. Thirdly I want that league title because it's been 18 years since I saw it fly down Park Road. Fourthly I want the league title because it's one trophy nobody can say you don't deserve. Anyone who cares more about Europe than they do for the league title can :censored: off away from the club, because that's not what Liverpool Football Club is about. I'm not taking away any European successes we've had, but it's always been league first, europe second. Over the past few years that seems to of reveresed.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:07 am

GBJH have you posted in the Alcohol thread?
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:16 am

What becuase I show abit of passion, something which you lot need because if you had it you wouldn't be sitting there praising a great season because we're fourth. Because I show the passion that's boiled up inside of me for 18 years I have to be smashed out me brain. Well let me tell you and everyone else, I don't drink and I certainly don't need ale to make me passionate about this club. This club, the one I've loved for nearly 40 years, the club I'm seeing falling apart at the seams in front of my very eyes. It hurts me, when I think about the position we're in and it hurts me to such a point I lose my rag. Sorry if it offends you, maybe if you cared about the club the same way I do, it'd hurt you to the point where you can't take much more of the dross being put up week in week out.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:30 am

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :wwww
LFC2007

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:37 am

No offence John, you are obviously passionate and probably been a supporter, sorry fan, for a while, but other than ranting on a forum what else do you think we can do to stop our Club falling apart?

Fourth is sh!te, but better than fifth. Fourth place allowed us to get to Istanbul, so it has its uses. Fourth place earns the Club millions. Fourth place ensures our name is kept on the world stage.

IMO we are a long way behind our rivals, i know cr@ppy sides competed in the good ol' days of flares, but the situation is totally different now, and anyone who cannot understand that, never will. We are miles behind in terms of finance, managers time served and owner support. It isn't right but maybe, just maybe we will have to content ourselves with ensuring CL each season and maybe a good cup run for another couple of years whilst we reduce some of the deficiencies we have on our rivals. That does not mean i think its right, but maybe i'm realistic. I see no other manager making us contenders next year, (except Mourinho, who i doubt will come anyway), so the best solution might just be to let Rafa finish what he has started.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:43 am

Bad Bob wrote:

well bob in all fairness nobody forces you to be a mid and if you dislike it so much then step aside and just get back to posting
112-1077774096

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:45 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:What becuase I show abit of passion, something which you lot need because if you had it you wouldn't be sitting there praising a great season because we're fourth. Because I show the passion that's boiled up inside of me for 18 years I have to be smashed out me brain. Well let me tell you and everyone else, I don't drink and I certainly don't need ale to make me passionate about this club. This club, the one I've loved for nearly 40 years, the club I'm seeing falling apart at the seams in front of my very eyes. It hurts me, when I think about the position we're in and it hurts me to such a point I lose my rag. Sorry if it offends you, maybe if you cared about the club the same way I do, it'd hurt you to the point where you can't take much more of the dross being put up week in week out.

Im a passionate fan, I also have respect for many members on here. Lets not confuse the two. This is a forum. A place where people put forward there views on events and what you are trying to do is put your views towards the mods on this forum in conjunction with passion towards LFC. You have insulted the mods on here, passion or not, thats what you have done. You have called them power mad rather than supporters. The long term members on here, mods included, have LFC imprinted on there heart, dont use the situation in which the club are in at present to represent your views on the situations which occur. Theres a right way and wrong way, your just bitching for the sake of bitching.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion