Gerrard admits end of title race - on advice of power crazy Mods

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:13 pm

s@int wrote:I know the MOD'S get blamed for a lot John but I don't think its their fault we are struggling for 4th place mate  :D

I don't really see the difference between them slagging us off in PM'S to each other, or having a thread to do it in to be honest mate.

I also think the fact that they are nearly all long standing members shows they are Liverpool supporters first and foremost and Mod's second.

Saint I've alot of time for you, 9 times out 10 you talk sense (whether I agree or not, you put it across in a repsectful way) but this is the one time I think you're being a :censored: (with all due respect)

Just because they've sat at a computer for a few years, doesn't mean they're a fan. It means they support Liverpool and know how to use the internet to let others know it. There's a difference between fan and supporter.

A supporter is someone who is there when success is going on and likes to believe that they're doing their bit. But when push comes to shove wouldn't turn up for an away trip to the Diva Stadium on a cold windy November night when we're in the third or fourth division.

A fan is someone who sticks with the club through thick and thin. A fan is someone who feels hurt when their club is beat, and someone who isn't happy with anything less than the best.

Secondly Saint, I'm not asking them to stop the thread. I just don't agree with the secrecy. If it's about the forum and how it'll benifit the forum, then ALL forum members should be allowed to see it and put points across. If they decide to change the name of the website, for example, how many of the everyday posters are going to agree witht that? Anything that involves the entire forum, then the entire forum should be allowed to see it and put points across on the subject.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby bigmick » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:16 pm

The mods forum wasn't in operation when I was a mod, but only because nobody had thought of it. It's good idea. What used to happen, is that a mod would PM another mod and say, "watch out for such and such, he'a a WUM". When they have a forum of their own, they probably just start a thread "watch out for these posters". It makes perfect sense and there's nothing underhand about it.

As for threads about particular posters, there's nothing in that either. I must have had fifty or sixty (or maybe even more) PM's from people in the past who in conversation, moan about a particular poster and say he gets on their nerves. All they're doing is the same as the mods no doubt do. They'll be saying, "that fecking Mick turning every thread into a rotation one, I'm goona warn the fecker" and who can blame them :D When Peewee gets a bee in his bonnet, Lynds goes off on one or Lando does a rant, it seems reasonable enough to me for the mods to have the means to comunicate with each other.

The current mods are doing an excellent job IMHO. I don't always agree with everything they do, but as long as they keep on doing what is right for the forum in their opinion, that'll do for me. The notion that they're a bunch of secret police with files on everyone is just way off in my opinion. At least three of them are wrong about rotation, but that is my only criticism to be honest   :p
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Spot on Mick , and thanks for the files and accompanying photo's of Bamaga Man .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:20 pm

bigmick wrote:The mods forum wasn't in operation when I was a mod, but only because nobody had thought of it. It's good idea. What used to happen, is that a mod would PM another mod and say, "watch out for such and such, he'a a WUM". When they have a forum of their own, they probably just start a thread "watch out for these posters". It makes perfect sense and there's nothing underhand about it.

As for threads about particular posters, there's nothing in that either. I must have had fifty or sixty (or maybe even more) PM's from people in the past who in conversation, moan about a particular poster and say he gets on their nerves. All they're doing is the same as the mods no doubt do. They'll be saying, "that fecking Mick turning every thread into a rotation one, I'm goona warn the fecker" and who can blame them :D When Peewee gets a bee in his bonnet, Lynds goes off on one or Lando does a rant, it seems reasonable enough to me for the mods to have the means to comunicate with each other.

The current mods are doing an excellent job IMHO. I don't always agree with everything they do, but as long as they keep on doing what is right for the forum in their opinion, that'll do for me. The notion that they're a bunch of secret police with files on everyone is just way off in my opinion. At least three of them are wrong about rotation, but that is my only criticism to be honest   :p

I don't think people actually understand the point I'm trying to put across.

I'm not asking for the moderators to stop having this thread, but this is a forum which consists of over 100 members. Not just the select few. If they're going to decide something for the forum, then ALL 100+ members should be allowed to voice an opinion on the subject. Their views may not be what the majority of users want, and if that's the case then it'll cause more aggro. Whereas let everyone see everything there's no problem. Everyone then has the chance to say what they think about potential changes to the forum. It's much safer and accurate way of looking at things.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:21 pm

if i was a mod, i'd ban all the dole dossing wasters whether they did owt wrong or not (ie: liverpoolanytime for example) :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:24 pm

Right I'm off to watch question of sport now, so I won't be responding to anything for at least half hour, probably longer.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:32 pm

The thing is John, this forum is owned by LFC. If he wants to call it the young girls forum, he can. (probably get more members too  :D  ) Its not a democracy on here mate, but most of the time the Mods try and play fair and theres no problems. You either trust them or you don't. They wern't elected, they were picked by LFC and maybe some of the old Mods.

Its not the real world mate , its just a forum, you don't have to prove how good a supporter or fan you are before joining or having your say.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:34 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Right I'm off to watch question of sport now,

Fex sake John I used to love Question of Sport. Done me like a kipper there mate   :(

In fairness though, I'm all for democracy of the type you talk about, but a mods section wouldn't have even the slightest effect on the rest of the forum. Look, I'll give you a scenario of what happens when you're modding. Somebody gets out of order so you PM them and ask them not to be so rude to another poster, please. They PM you back and say "sorry mate it won't happen again". Ten minutes later another mod comes along and sees the offending post. Now they have had dealings with the said poster recently which the other mod was totally unaware of. So they think, "right, he's been warned before, yellow card".

Next, the poster (hope everyone is keeping track here  :D) PM's the softly softly mod and says "you c..., you ask me to calm down and when I do you give me a card". The mod say's "no I didn't" etc etc etc.

Now I guess what happens on the mods section, is the mod who originally asks said poster to calm down will post up a message saying "I asked so and so to calm down and he has agreed to pull his head in". It makes a lot of sense to me, I'm not erse licking or anything but maybe you need to have been a mod to realise its validity. Being a mod is a pretty thankless task to be perfectly honest and any little tool whioch can make it a bit less hassle is in everyones interests I reckon.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:47 pm

If it's any consolation BigMick, you can watch a question of sport  HERE (CLICK IT)

The latest shows are on the right in chronological order.
LFC2007

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:50 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I don't think people actually understand the point I'm trying to put across.

I'm not asking for the moderators to stop having this thread, but this is a forum which consists of over 100 members. Not just the select few. If they're going to decide something for the forum, then ALL 100+ members should be allowed to voice an opinion on the subject. Their views may not be what the majority of users want, and if that's the case then it'll cause more aggro. Whereas let everyone see everything there's no problem. Everyone then has the chance to say what they think about potential changes to the forum. It's much safer and accurate way of looking at things.

Secrecy ? what the f'uck are you on about ? . Do you not have the facility to have a private conversation with other members in the forum ? Why should the moderators not enjoy the same privilege ?

The forum has over 8000 registered members , ok some of them are probably dead by now and there's still a couple who haven't come back from Istanbul , but lets stick with you're assertion that we've only got 100 active members . Just how long do you think it will take for 100 people to decide whether a warning,a card or a ban should be issued to a member who has been accused (for example) of repeated racial abuse ? . Another member constantly denigrates the teams achievements , even when we win something, is he a supporter, a WUM ? . Lets ask the questions in the forum and spend the next 3 months arguing about it.

Half a dozen moderators have enough trouble trying grease the wheels in the forum and yet you think 100 additional voices of moderation will somehow make it better.

Grow up.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:52 pm

Would Jermaine Pennant be invited to a board meeting with hicks, gillett and rafa to talk about the future signings of lfc? No, of course not. There are some things we dont need to know, as a member its about discussing various matters football or general, leave the greasy bits to the mods !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:57 pm

ERM am i really going senile here or am i just :censored: stupid but i cant find the Gerrard thread whats goin on with this one ???
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:ERM am i really going senile here or am i just :censored: stupid but i cant find the Gerrard thread whats goin on with this one ???

You're going senile  :D
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:02 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:ERM am i really going senile here or am i just :censored: stupid but i cant find the Gerrard thread whats goin on with this one ???

You're going senile  :D

Okey Doky why did i know you would respond please be kind  to me for just one day :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:02 pm

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion