Gerrard admits end of title race - on advice of power crazy Mods

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:57 am

My point is I want equality for the forum, is that to difficult for people to understand?

What kind of equality?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:03 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Yet again everyone takes, it completely the wrong way. You decide to be "mods" not the correct term because the correct term of the word mod was a 60s style who wore parkas and drove GS and Lambretta scooters (something I did in my late teens while listening to The Jam), but that's neither here nor there.

You decided to be mods, so you knew what you were letting yourself in for, if you can't handle it then don't take the responsibilty on, is that difficult to understand? It's pretty much like people moaning about when they get collared by a copper. If you're prepared to do whatever crime you are, then you have to expect the consequences that come with it, so stop :censored: moaning about it. Point one cleared.

Point two, if you read woof woof, you'd see I clearly said over 100 members, now unless the counting system has changed 800 is more than 100 is it not?

Point three, who here has asked for anything to be removed, or deleted? Nobody, I clearly said if anything is going to benifit the forum, which I assume is the main reason you lot are moderators. I assume your main duty is to "make the forum a better place", that being the case, surely every member of the forum has a right to say what they would like to see changed. So everyone should get a say. Obviously you can't leave it open for debate forever, but a set time limit of two/three days gives everyone ample opportunity to express his/her view on the topic. This way it's a much fairer way because you go with what the majority want. But I suppose that takes away your little title and makes you feel less important eh lads? Like when you were removed as milk monitor from school and your entire world came to an end.

Point four, I was asked earlier to bring this topic back to football. Since I tried this, I've seen two maybe three posts about football. Ciggy and myself only (if memory serves me right) yet the "moderators" think it's better to sit there and insult others, good example you're setting lads, but then again you're allowed to aren't you because you have a title. You're under the guidance of teacher aren't you?

So here goes again, maybe you more fickle fans who don't understand what Liverpool Football Club is about, can continue a football debate this time.

"Gerrard admits end of title race" I'll repeat myself, took him long enough to find that out didn't it. We were out of the title race by Christmas, just like every other year. Then we get the usuals "let's concentrate on fourth" "if we win the FA Cup it'll be a good year" "give him time and Souness,Evans,Houllier,Benitez will get it right" Well I've had it with concentrating on fourth, winning other cup competitions and giving time. It's pathetic, the reason we're always out of the race is because the players couldn't give a toss. They don't care if they never win the league because they still pick up a fair whack at the end of the week. They don't have to graft for their money like most. They can underperform time and time and time again yet still pick up the money. We've always had manangers who allow them to as well. It's not the players and it's not the staff and it's not the board and it's not those fans who are happy coming fourth who's heart sinks year in year out when they see United/Arsenal/Chelsea/Leeds/Blackburn picking up the premiership. No but my heart sinks, and it's continued sinking for 18 :censored: years now. I look through my scrapbooks and the rest of my Liverpool collection and all I see is success. Now what can I show my son and grandson eh, a table reading 1) Arsenal, 2) United, 3) Chelsea, 4) Liverpool. There's no pride or achivement coming fourth. Only disappointment, and it hurts me even more when I see so called fans giving up on the league by Christmas. It hurts me when I see fans giving the players, staff and board stick and then I think to meself, why should it hurt me, they're the reasons I'm hurting. They're the reasons we're 20 points behind the leaders come Easter. It's not the fans fault. It's the fans who've stuck with the club and will remain at the club a lot longer than players, staff or board. It makes sense, that fans view their discontent and I just like anyone else on here and around the city of Liverpool and anywhere else in the world where a Liverpool fan is sitting, have that right to express the view. The only problem is we as fans are loyal to our club, you'll never see us turn on the manager at the ground. No that's not what this club is about, we've got much better support than that. And the fans who are prepared to fight for fourth because it means qualification for next season's Champions League, ought to be ashamed of themselves as well. You shouldn't sit there and think it's a good season if we come fourth, because let me tell you its a :censored: disgraceful season coming second never mind fourth. We're Liverpool Football Club in case you've forgotten and that stands for success and refuse to accept failure. I for one haven't and don't plan on accepting failure. I accept nothing but the best from every :censored: involved with my club, from the two :censored: up named Tom Hicks and George Gillett, to the old poor tea girl. Everyone has to pull in the same direction and want the same thing. Yet again we slip four or five points behind and people are saying we're out of the title race. That message hits the players, they're heads drop and we slip further and further behind. To the point where it is impossible to win the league, well right now, right :censored: now it's not impossible. Nothing for the best club in the land, for the most successful club in the land, is impossible. We can win that title the only problem is, the players don't want to graft for it. They might mess up their newly gelled hair, or a :censored: shoelace might come undone if they ran their hearts out. No they leave that to Europe don't they. They're not interested in winning the league so they can boast to their mates we're better than Derby and Wigan. They want the Champions League, where there's more :censored: spotlight and media attention and when they win it they can say "we're better than Barcelona and AC Milan" Well like I said in me earlier moan unless you're prepared to put in the effort and make sure you get enough points to finish inside that top four, you don't play the likes of Barcelona and AC Milan. It's :censored: critical that these players realise this and maybe then they'll accept the league must be first at all costs. Then maybe just :censored: maybe, we'll win the league title. When players start realising that there's more satisfaction in winning the league than there is in conqueering europe. A few fans could do with realising this as well, playing Middlesbrough at home for example is just as :censored: important as playing Inter at home, so the same sort of noise wouldn't go a miss. But again when Liverpool win their next league title, everyone of the players will go down as a hero in folk law, because we've waited that long. That alone should enspire the likes of Harry :censored: Kewell and Aurellio to at least try and look interested. Again I'll repeat meself, I want the league title because it's something I was acustomed to as a lad growing up on the Kop and around the Toxteth area. Also I want that Premiership title to shut all those :censored: up who laugh at us for never winning it. Thirdly I want that league title because it's been 18 years since I saw it fly down Park Road. Fourthly I want the league title because it's one trophy nobody can say you don't deserve. Anyone who cares more about Europe than they do for the league title can :censored: off away from the club, because that's not what Liverpool Football Club is about. I'm not taking away any European successes we've had, but it's always been league first, europe second. Over the past few years that seems to of reveresed.

I may need a translator of ancient text and Navajo code on that last humongous paragraph there.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:08 am

John in a football sense me and you broadly agree on most things mate. I think this season has been a fecking debacle to be perfectly honest, and I wasn't all that suited on the last couple of seasons before that either. When I talked earlier about wanting to at least challenge for the Premiership, it's not the pinnacle of my ambition by any means as I want to win the thing obviously, but it would be a start. I merely offer it up as an ambition in answer to Rafa's fan club on here, if he'd at least got us in a position to challenge once in four years for the Premiership, then I might be convincable that he's worth another crack. People talk of letting him finish what he's started, well given the fact that we are now competing with Portsmouth, Man City and Aston Villa while being behind Everton, God only knows where we will be if he's allowed to finish what he's started in the league.

All that said though, this bee in your bonnet about the mods and any "secret" forum they've got is not worth bothering about. I've known Woof on here for the best part of five years, same with Leon. Both of those lads probably wouldn't mind me pointing out that they were the biggest wind-ups, rogues and ruffians on here in their pre-mod days. They both talk total b0ll0cks from time to time, don't we all though (except me of course     :D ) and they stepped into the mods job as we were a bit short at the time as I binned it. Johnny Mac's been around since the year dot and is a lovely lad, has his problems wioth people from time to time but is a gent. Bad Bob and Red both came along a little later but are both sound lads as well. Sure they fall out with people from time to time but they're both good guys. I reckon even those who've ever had a problem with mods would accept that underneath it all they're decent blokes who've got a tough job to do. In my time in the job I banned Stu the Red a couple of times despite the fact he was one of the best football posters on here. Stu didn't agree with it, thought I was a bit of a c... but was cool with it ultimately. I had harsh words with Peewee, Lynds and one or two others, and it's hard when you have a kind of relationship with people over a number of years and then you've got to get all officious. It's why I packed it in i just couldn't hack it. I barred countless WUM's and even they, usually Manc fans would respond when I Pm'd them and said sorry about kicking them off, but they must accept at the end of the day this was no place to act like a c... that it was all fair enough and had no hard feelings.

The mods aren't power mad nutters. They're just normal lads and it really is a tough job mate, honest I've done it and I know. Sometimes they feck it up and make a bad call, have a go about that if you must but this "secret forum" thing is much ado about nothing mate it really is.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:13 am

Kharhaz wrote:
My point is I want equality for the forum, is that to difficult for people to understand?

What kind of equality?

The equality where everybody, you, me and everyone else, including the moderators, get to say what they'd like to see happen on the forum. Open it up to debate for two/three days, in a PUBLIC forum. Use a poll if needbe. If people haven't voted by the end of the two/three days then they've lost their chance. But give them the chance. Right now it's a select few, that in itself doesn't represent the majority of this forum.

The way I've suggested would be the majority, and that's the decision you take. After all if it's going to affect the entire forum, then the entire forum should have a say on the matter.

That's what I feel anyway, but then again, I suppose I'm probably in the minority.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Judge » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:14 am

the secret forum

its here john, the secret forum youve been looking for

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:32 am

Mick I'm not saying they have it easy, and the secret forum bollox was probably me just getting started. My problem if you like isn't about that anyway. I'm a man who's always believed in everybody deserves a say, especially if it involves everybody. They shouldn't, in my opinion and that's all this is an opinion, be allowed to make decisions over the rest of our heads. We should be allowed to voice our opinion on matters that involve us. That's the point I'm trying (and obviously failing) to put across. I've always been a fan of democracy and equality. Obviously I know there's got to be some sort of "authority" if that's what it's known as but we all should have that chance to say what we'd like to see changed. For example, if the moderators decided to change the skin coloour to bright green with yellow spots, that affects us all, so it should be something we as a group decide. Let them have their fun or not as it seems to be to put up with people's complaints, because I certainly couldn't do with grown fellas and birds whinging to me, but then again I think we as a group should be allowed to decide the fate of the person in the wrong. The moderators can decide whether it's worthy of even putting to the rest of us, but I still think we as indivuals should have a say on the matter.

Also I knew you didn't solely wish us to only challenge, you like me and like everyone else (I hope) want us to win the league. But I was just stating that competeting isn't good enough for me. PERSONALLY.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:36 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

What kind of equality?

The equality where everybody, you, me and everyone else, including the moderators, get to say what they'd like to see happen on the forum. Open it up to debate for two/three days, in a PUBLIC forum. Use a poll if needbe. If people haven't voted by the end of the two/three days then they've lost their chance. But give them the chance. Right now it's a select few, that in itself doesn't represent the majority of this forum.

The way I've suggested would be the majority, and that's the decision you take. After all if it's going to affect the entire forum, then the entire forum should have a say on the matter.

That's what I feel anyway, but then again, I suppose I'm probably in the minority.

I think you've taken this a little too far mate.

You do have a say, you've said repeatedly how you feel without being carded or getting your posts deleted (yet :D ). You can always PM a mod about any decisions they have made. If you really really wanted, it seems you could hound any mod you disliked and still stay on the forum.

Having a vote on each thing done by the mods would be silly, they have been asked to do a job, so let them carry it out, there are a few of them, different personalities, so between them they should get most things right, and if not we could start a thread and discuss them.  :eyebrow
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:48 am

I can tell I'm on me way to a losing battle here. So I suppose it'd be easier for me to stop. So I suppose I will. Simplely because it won't change and I'm banging me head against a brick wall. So fair enough they can keep it how it is, can't be that bad if it's worked for all these years, I'd still like to see everyone given that chance to express with freedom how they feel, without having to go through all those PMs or any other bollox like that. But it's not going to happen, so I'll call me loses here and now.

Not bad for a 1000th post eh?  :D
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:50 am

s@int wrote:I would take a breath John and calm down a bit. What have the mod's done wrong anyway?

Yeah exactly, some of them may not be everyones cup of tea, but they've hardly killed anyone as of yet.
66-1112520797

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:59 am

Bamaga man wrote:
s@int wrote:I would take a breath John and calm down a bit. What have the mod's done wrong anyway?

Yeah exactly, some of them may not be everyones cup of tea, but they've hardly killed anyone as of yet.

I'm not so sure, i've read the secret thread, and they've put out a hit on someone, i couldn't work out who, they used code, it said nam agamab??    :D
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:02 am

redtrader74 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

I'm not so sure, i've read the secret thread, and they've put out a hit on someone, i couldn't work out who, they used code, it said nam agamab??    :D

I am an outlaw.
66-1112520797

Postby Judge » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:02 am

Judge wrote:the secret forum

its here john, the secret forum youve been looking for

come on john, here it is
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:27 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:the secret forum bollox was probably me just getting started.

So far you've referred to the Moderating team as "Power crazy a'rse licking milk monitors"

Suggest you wind you're neck in before I f'uckin' step on it .

How's that for gettin' started ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:55 am

yeah! ave it!!!

where is the love?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:58 am

Had to laugh the way John said who do you think you are calling yourselves MODS they where from the 70s. :D

Errr John its short for Moderators  :D

I dont think he has the hang of internet forum thingy majigs.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion