MIDDLESBROUGH VS LIVERPOOL - Lets get back into the title race.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:33 pm

bigmick wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Owzat wrote:Must win game so Heimdall decides to start the thread and that worked out the same way most of his contributions do on here......

Just about sums Rafa up, a glorious win in his favourite competition then a defeat at the hands of a team who haven't won in the league since November (14 games) Typical botched job of team selection, some of the poor choices predictable, but I'm sure he tries to be unpredictably crap with other choices. WTF was going on with Skrtel? Why was El Zhar starting ? And when is Rafa going to work out Kuyt as a solo striker is doomed to fail more than it works? He drops the one player in scoring form (Benayoun) and starts with another who is so shit it hurts (Babel)

And we're 0-1 down 1/3 of the way into the game so Rafa, in his ultimate wisdom stupidity, doesn't make a change until 2/3 of the way through the game. I think he wrote our title off in his head a while back, but isn't as honest as some on here credit him for. He had written this game off when we went 0-1 down and was planning for his favourite competition. I am now convinced he is only capable of winning enough games to win the odd straight knockout or the two-legged Champions League. Proof further in how we struggle through the group stages, if we could win enough games to win the Premiership then we should breeze through the CL group stages - we don't.

Enough is enough, time for Rafa to go off to his spiritual home at the Bernie Inn. He could well take us to a third CL Final in five years, like Real Madrid did between 1998 and 2002 :-

97/98 Real Madrid - Champions League Winners, 4th in La Liga
99/00 Real Madrid - Champions League Winners, 5th in La Liga
01/02 Real Madrid - Champions League Winners, 3rd in La Liga

Look similiar to our record in 04/05, 06/07 and possibly 08/09? Not finishing in the top two but reaching/winning the Champions League. Their last three league titles saw them flop (relatively speaking) in the Champions League :-

02/03 Real Madrid - La Liga Champions, Champions League Semi-Final
06/07 Real Madrid - La Liga Champions, Champions League Last 16
07/08 Real Madrid - La Liga Champions, Champions League Last 16

By the way, we've won our 27th Premiership game of the season only four times so yesterday's result shouldn't be too much of a shock, tied in with our poor record at Boro. I think we now face a scrap to hold onto 3rd let alone with Chelsea for 2nd, shame for some fans Champions League is more than consolation for our league failings which are now all too easy for other fans to knock. They predict our failure in September, we make it reality by the end of February (or more often January, December or November)

Thanks for that Owzat, what I really needed was yet another person, who I respected on this forum, sticking the knife into my back. You've convinced me that there is no point in me posting any more as with every post people just seem to dislike and hate me more and more. Life is hard for me at the moment and I used to really enjoy coming onto this forum to discuss the team which I love but I just don't need this abuse as it's genuinely depressing me so I'm gone.

I had a feeling you weren't posting any more because of the abuse you've been getting heimdall. I think that would be a mistake TBH. Take a week or two off by all means, but don't let others stop you from doing something you enjoy. I get it myself and that's what I generally do, once it stop being enjoyable to post I leave it alone for a bit.

Generally what happens then though is I read the forum, and there is so much nonsense being talked I can't resist putting em right  :laugh: Either that or someone mentions rotation and I'm like a bisto kid, wafting in on the smell.

There's no question thouhg that the forum has got more fractious this season, and it's not improved because of it. Hopefully the manager will either leave or sign a new contract soon, and either the excitement of getting a new manager or the resignation that we've got three more years at least of utter bullsh!t will calm everyone down a bit  :cool: .

When I read Owzat's post I was in 2 minds whether to PM him to ask  whether to take that reference to Heimdall out.

Just though - nah. Wish I had now.

It's weird realy, no one really knows anyone on here. But you get a feeling for what they're like after a while.
You see some spats where you think "Well, they're giving as good as they get there".
You sought of get a feeling who can trade insults/criticisms without getting hurt.
But then, there's a few who seem to attract insults/grief and you feel they're being victimized. GYBS was getting a bit of grief
and did post to say he was tired of it. As did Heimdall.
Maybe we should heed these kinds of posts more?

The Mods can no way be expected to step in when a bit of aggro occurs without "direct abuse".
I think people have got to use a bit of nous, and "know" who can take it.

Owzat, Im not blaming you. It seems it's just a "final straw" scenario I think.

Who knows? The lad might be going through a really tough time. I doubt he would lie about it. If he is, he certainly doesnt want to log on to
a website to get more grief.

I guess it's just that "self moderating" that has been mentioned a few times before.

We should all use a bit of nous.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Owzat wrote:Must win game so Heimdall decides to start the thread and that worked out the same way most of his contributions do on here......

Just about sums Rafa up, a glorious win in his favourite competition then a defeat at the hands of a team who haven't won in the league since November (14 games) Typical botched job of team selection, some of the poor choices predictable, but I'm sure he tries to be unpredictably crap with other choices. WTF was going on with Skrtel? Why was El Zhar starting ? And when is Rafa going to work out Kuyt as a solo striker is doomed to fail more than it works? He drops the one player in scoring form (Benayoun) and starts with another who is so shit it hurts (Babel)

And we're 0-1 down 1/3 of the way into the game so Rafa, in his ultimate wisdom stupidity, doesn't make a change until 2/3 of the way through the game. I think he wrote our title off in his head a while back, but isn't as honest as some on here credit him for. He had written this game off when we went 0-1 down and was planning for his favourite competition. I am now convinced he is only capable of winning enough games to win the odd straight knockout or the two-legged Champions League. Proof further in how we struggle through the group stages, if we could win enough games to win the Premiership then we should breeze through the CL group stages - we don't.

Enough is enough, time for Rafa to go off to his spiritual home at the Bernie Inn. He could well take us to a third CL Final in five years, like Real Madrid did between 1998 and 2002 :-

97/98 Real Madrid - Champions League Winners, 4th in La Liga
99/00 Real Madrid - Champions League Winners, 5th in La Liga
01/02 Real Madrid - Champions League Winners, 3rd in La Liga

Look similiar to our record in 04/05, 06/07 and possibly 08/09? Not finishing in the top two but reaching/winning the Champions League. Their last three league titles saw them flop (relatively speaking) in the Champions League :-

02/03 Real Madrid - La Liga Champions, Champions League Semi-Final
06/07 Real Madrid - La Liga Champions, Champions League Last 16
07/08 Real Madrid - La Liga Champions, Champions League Last 16

By the way, we've won our 27th Premiership game of the season only four times so yesterday's result shouldn't be too much of a shock, tied in with our poor record at Boro. I think we now face a scrap to hold onto 3rd let alone with Chelsea for 2nd, shame for some fans Champions League is more than consolation for our league failings which are now all too easy for other fans to knock. They predict our failure in September, we make it reality by the end of February (or more often January, December or November)

Thanks for that Owzat, what I really needed was yet another person, who I respected on this forum, sticking the knife into my back. You've convinced me that there is no point in me posting any more as with every post people just seem to dislike and hate me more and more. Life is hard for me at the moment and I used to really enjoy coming onto this forum to discuss the team which I love but I just don't need this abuse as it's genuinely depressing me so I'm gone.

I had a feeling you weren't posting any more because of the abuse you've been getting heimdall. I think that would be a mistake TBH. Take a week or two off by all means, but don't let others stop you from doing something you enjoy. I get it myself and that's what I generally do, once it stop being enjoyable to post I leave it alone for a bit.

Generally what happens then though is I read the forum, and there is so much nonsense being talked I can't resist putting em right  :laugh: Either that or someone mentions rotation and I'm like a bisto kid, wafting in on the smell.

There's no question thouhg that the forum has got more fractious this season, and it's not improved because of it. Hopefully the manager will either leave or sign a new contract soon, and either the excitement of getting a new manager or the resignation that we've got three more years at least of utter bullsh!t will calm everyone down a bit  :cool: .

When I read Owzat's post I was in 2 minds whether to PM him to ask  whether to take that reference to Heimdall out.

Just though - nah. Wish I had now.

It's weird realy, no one really knows anyone on here. But you get a feeling for what they're like after a while.
You see some spats where you think "Well, they're giving as good as they get there".
You sought of get a feeling who can trade insults/criticisms without getting hurt.
But then, there's a few who seem to attract insults/grief and you feel they're being victimized. GYBS was getting a bit of grief
and did post to say he was tired of it. As did Heimdall.
Maybe we should heed these kinds of posts more?

The Mods can no way be expected to step in when a bit of aggro occurs without "direct abuse".
I think people have got to use a bit of nous, and "know" who can take it.

Owzat, Im not blaming you. It seems it's just a "final straw" scenario I think.

Who knows? The lad might be going through a really tough time. I doubt he would lie about it. If he is, he certainly doesnt want to log on to
a website to get more grief.

I guess it's just that "self moderating" that has been mentioned a few times before.

We should all use a bit of nous.

Hear Hear!

I frequent another forum, a WWII history one (not footie) and it can draw some serious arguments. But if there is any sniff of the personal abuse of the likes which goes on here, the post is deleted and the poster warned. Continual abuse gets you kicked off...for good. None of the probationary stuff that this site engages in. If you're banned, you're banned.

Now, I'm not saying that this site needs that sort of tight control, it is after all a football site (one of the better ones IMO) and a certain level of acerbic posts are too be expected. But some posters (and we all know who they are) go way over the top on an all too regular basis.

Personally, I don't care if some "Interweb Hero" tries to have a pop at me, it usually ends up with their posts being ignored after a while (which defeats the point in posting in the first place). Some sarcy posts can be humorous, but there are some which are just plain nasty and it only serves to brings the forum down at the end of the day.
tonyeh

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:51 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:16 pm

Dundalk wrote:Image

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I keep thinking its saint lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Same here :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:51 pm

me too :D
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:25 am

tonyeh wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Ah relax Heimdall, he's only kidding. Take the rough with the smooth.

At least your life hasn't been threatened   :D

You simply don't know who is having a rough time, so you take each person's posting on it's merits. I have to laugh at anyone thinks I abuse Heimdall, I think he brings most of what he gets on himself BUT that doesn't justify it. The mods on here have a rather lax system of cards, I'd prefer the "sin bin" approach in rugby where people get time out rather than sent off (permanently)

And fecknose what Sabre is on about, I assume it's his blinkered view and he simply picked my name because he doesn't like anyone or anything goes against his own beliefs. Well tough titties, if you expect any different at the moment then you're more deluded than I thought. I tend not to bother reading Sabre's posts, in fact there's not many on here these days worth reading it's become almost a warzone and you have to decide which side you're fighting on or get caught in the crossfire. So whatever you are prattling on about, naming me for whatever reason Sabre, I couldn't care less so just do one.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Owzat wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Ah relax Heimdall, he's only kidding. Take the rough with the smooth.

At least your life hasn't been threatened   :D

You simply don't know who is having a rough time, so you take each person's posting on it's merits. I have to laugh at anyone thinks I abuse Heimdall, I think he brings most of what he gets on himself BUT that doesn't justify it. The mods on here have a rather lax system of cards, I'd prefer the "sin bin" approach in rugby where people get time out rather than sent off (permanently)

And fecknose what Sabre is on about, I assume it's his blinkered view and he simply picked my name because he doesn't like anyone or anything goes against his own beliefs. Well tough titties, if you expect any different at the moment then you're more deluded than I thought. I tend not to bother reading Sabre's posts, in fact there's not many on here these days worth reading it's become almost a warzone and you have to decide which side you're fighting on or get caught in the crossfire. So whatever you are prattling on about, naming me for whatever reason Sabre, I couldn't care less so just do one.

:laugh:

You are a piece of work, aren't you?  You read Sabre's post enough to see you were named but not enough to realize he was extending a bit of an olive branch.  And, you feel that this place is a warzone and that most posts aren't worth reading yet you chastised Mick the other day for starting another thread designed to generate some worthwhile football discussion. ??? Stick to the stats, mate...diplomacy's clearly not your thing. :D

Good idea on the sin bin thing, BTW, never thought of that one before.  :kungfu:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:17 pm

And fecknose what Sabre is on about, I assume it's his blinkered view and he simply picked my name because he doesn't like anyone or anything goes against his own beliefs. Well tough titties, if you expect any different at the moment then you're more deluded than I thought. I tend not to bother reading Sabre's posts, in fact there's not many on here these days worth reading it's become almost a warzone and you have to decide which side you're fighting on or get caught in the crossfire. So whatever you are prattling on about, naming me for whatever reason Sabre, I couldn't care less so just do one

No problem you don't like / read my posts  :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:15 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
zarababe wrote:Shouldn't new members pass a Liverpool FC knowledge test, before they can post on here - we've got too many sh8t stirers on here already.. without these WUMS

:no , there should be rosey red tinted specs for some as well

:glare: .. and big Sam for others  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion