Gerrard admits end of title race - on advice of power crazy Mods

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:01 pm

Handbags at dawn or what !!!!!! :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:08 pm

Why do only the "mods" get a say. All this proves is that we might as well stop posting because we don't have a say in anything that happens. The majority of people (without a say) might like, for example peewee's posts, but because 1 fella with a bit of power doesn't, poor old peewee gets the bullet for a while. It's pathetic, if they want their own little "gathering and place to discuss us" then they should have the balls to let us see what they think.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:27 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Why do only the "mods" get a say. All this proves is that we might as well stop posting because we don't have a say in anything that happens. The majority of people (without a say) might like, for example peewee's posts, but because 1 fella with a bit of power doesn't, poor old peewee gets the bullet for a while. It's pathetic, if they want their own little "gathering and place to discuss us" then they should have the balls to let us see what they think.

As I've said, the moderation of a forum needs coordination. There ALWAYS HAVE BEEN SOME SORT OF COMMUNICATION between mods. This coordination is needed to decide for instance when to allow back a member. I see that private section as a more effective way to do this coordination compared to the PMs, because in a thread a discussion is followed better.

Bar that coordination and moderation JOB, the mods are normal fellow members. They have a say as anyone else. I have to stick for the mods here because their JOB is difficult. I've seen every, every mod refraining from doing what they'd like to do, PRECISELY because they take under advice the opinions of all the members and they always try to find the decission that is better for the whole forum, not their personal tastes. While I was a mod, I never saw a mod that had it's own agenda. And the current set of mods is doing things even better than we used to do back then.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:57 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Why do only the "mods" get a say. All this proves is that we might as well stop posting because we don't have a say in anything that happens. The majority of people (without a say) might like, for example peewee's posts, but because 1 fella with a bit of power doesn't, poor old peewee gets the bullet for a while. It's pathetic, if they want their own little "gathering and place to discuss us" then they should have the balls to let us see what they think.

Let me try and put this in language that maybe you will understand.

The mods have an area (a boot room if you like) where we discuss what's going on in the forum.

It's not "only the mod's who get a say" , all members have the facility to comment on other members / posts via their "report post" button. The mods however are the unfortunate f'uckers who ultimately have to deal with all the sh'ite, reported and unreported that goes on. It's a shi'tty job but someones gotta do it.

I'm a mod, I'm also a long serving member , and just like anyone else there are posters I like and posters I don't . That doesn't mean that because I'm a mod I can issue cards just because I dislike someone.

As for having "having the balls to let us see what they think" , well, speaking for myself I think there's a lot of kunts in here, but then going round calling every second member a kun't doesn't really add anything to the forum. Does it ? .

This thread has now moved well away from it's original purpose and is no longer about football. I'm moving it to General Chat.

Maybe some of you will want to complain about that ? .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:48 pm

This thread has now moved well away from it's original purpose and is no longer about football. I'm moving it to General Chat.

Thank you I will go first. This forum took bloody ages to load on me comp and when I saw this had moved I thought my comp was messing me about so I closed the explorer and did it again. Change of title for the simpletons who are easily confused?? :)

Oh and all the time ive been a member I have never reported any post, do I get a sweety?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:21 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Oh and all the time ive been a member I have never reported any post, do I get a sweety?

:D

here yer go

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Let me try and put this in language that maybe you will understand.

The mods have an area (a boot room if you like) where we discuss what's going on in the forum.

It's not "only the mod's who get a say" , all members have the facility to comment on other members / posts via their "report post" button. The mods however are the unfortunate f'uckers who ultimately have to deal with all the sh'ite, reported and unreported that goes on. It's a shi'tty job but someones gotta do it.

I'm a mod, I'm also a long serving member , and just like anyone else there are posters I like and posters I don't . That doesn't mean that because I'm a mod I can issue cards just because I dislike someone.

As for having "having the balls to let us see what they think" , well, speaking for myself I think there's a lot of kunts in here, but then going round calling every second member a kun't doesn't really add anything to the forum. Does it ? .

Bollox to be fair mate. Why all the secrecy then. Why not let us all see what "you say behind our backs." It's all very well for you to sit there and defend what you do and why you do it, but the truth is, it's bollox.

The mods are meant to be the more influencial members, well that's a load of :censored: for starters. Just because of a :censored: title you automatically think that you're entitled to say what you like, but when someone else does it, Lando for example, he gets banned by the powers that be. It's a absoloute disgace that you decide to hold little secret threads amongst yourselves. We all contribute to this forum, so if you're going to ban somebody, then you should hold a poll or some other way to decide who gets the bullet and who doesn't. What makes you and the rest of you so special? Because you lick the :censored: of the "important" members on here? Or maybe because you think it's clever to try and belittle other members.

If that's what it takes, then I'll gladly stay an everyday poster rather than some :censored: with power. You certainly don't get that power based on what this forum is about. It's about Liverpool Football Club, and not one of you knows what that means. It means you remain loyal to manager, players, board and FANS throughout thick and thin. You don't go and laugh and throw digs at another fan just because you disagree. I'll repeat myself it's a disgrace. I've been stood on the kop for nearly 40 years, lived in Liverpool 8 for the entirity of my life-time and know exactly what it means to be a fan of this club. You mods obviously don't because you take great pleasure in ensuring someone doesn't get to post about the club they love.

For a third time it's a disgrace. Everyone should have a say on what goes on in this forum and everyone's view should count. You're just a select few, your opinions may not count for what the majority of members on this forum so most forum members won't get what they want. Either make everyone a moderator or nobody is one. You lot just seem to let power go to your heads.

Also if you wish to get it back on footballing terms, I will. "Gerrard admits we're out of the title race" Well it took him :censored: long enough to realise that didn't it. We were out of it by Christmas and per :censored: usual. I'm not going to sit here and blame Benitez for that, because he's not solely to blame. There's a hundred and one factors why we're out of the title race. It's another year without the one trophy that every club should ensure they try their best in week in week out. We obviously don't because if we did we wouldn't drop points to the :censored: sides in the league like Birmingham and Wigan. Every now and then, I accept you get a fluke result, West Ham or Bolton against United. Boro beating Arsenal. But 10 draws in one season along with 3 defeats before Easter is a :censored: disgrace. Even against the top three, we shouldn't be dropping points to them at home. We don't even look like winning. We may be the better side on the day, but we hardly create goal-scoring opportunities. I'm ashamed of the fans who go "we have to get fourth." Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan will be turning in their graves if they even thought that Liverpool Football Club are only capable of competing for fourth. They built this club up to fight for the title. I was brought up with us fighting for the title. And it's hurting me that we're not. I'll support us through thick and thin, and I'll never hide the fact that I love this club more than most, but if you want me to say I'm satisfied coming fourth just because it means European Cup football next season, then you're going to be disappointed. I'll never be satisfied with anything other than first. First will always be first, second will always be nothing. It hurts me more and more when I see "lets concentrate on fourth" No lets :censored: not. Lets concentrate on 1st. That's where this club deserves to be. With fans,players, staff or board members who are content with us to come fourth, we'll never challenge. I'd rather see us go for the league or die :censored: trying, than give up and concentrate on coming fourth. Embarassing.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Thats a rant and a half you been on the ale John  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:39 pm

No Cig, but it's wound me up that it's another year without the title and with so many people sitting there with smiles on their faces because we can come fourth. They don't realise what it means to win the league, so it doesn't hurt them in the same way it hurts me and others like me. They're acustomed to failure in the league. I'm not, and it's just got the better of me right now.

I will take this opportunity to apologise for the amount of bad language I used in me rant, i.e. United/Arsenal. I should know better than to use those words, but I'll never be happy with anything other than first.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:51 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:No Cig, but it's wound me up that it's another year without the title and with so many people sitting there with smiles on their faces because we can come fourth. They don't realise what it means to win the league, so it doesn't hurt them in the same way it hurts me and others like me. They're acustomed to failure in the league. I'm not, and it's just got the better of me right now.

John Ive stood on Scotland Road mate and seen Liverpool come along with many a league title.

Of course it hurts that we havent won it for years but at the momment we cannot compete financially.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:58 pm

I know the MOD'S get blamed for a lot John but I don't think its their fault we are struggling for 4th place mate  :D

I don't really see the difference between them slagging us off in PM'S to each other, or having a thread to do it in to be honest mate.

I also think the fact that they are nearly all long standing members shows they are Liverpool supporters first and foremost and Mod's second.
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:00 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I've been stood on the kop for nearly 40 years, lived in Liverpool 8 for the entirity of my life-time and know exactly what it means to be a fan of this club. You mods obviously don't because you take great pleasure in ensuring someone doesn't get to post about the club they love.

Either make everyone a moderator or nobody is one. You lot just seem to let power go to your heads.

You apparently like to talk as though you're the only one in here thats supported LFC for more than a couple of years . Must admit having spent most of my life travelling the world I probably haven't seen the team as much as others but was taken to my first game in 1954. Been a Red ever since.

As for
Either make everyone a moderator or nobody is one.

:laugh:

Yeah, that'll work   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:06 pm

So what Cig. We can't compete financially is all I hear. QPR have been bought by an owner richer than Ambrovich, they're hardly walking away with the championship. Bristol City and Stoke haven't two pennies to rub together but they're 2nd and 3rd respectively in the Championship, Stoke can even go top tonight. If you can't buy success, you earn it. The quality we do have, is more than capable of competing. I'd take our first choice 11 over any other. Everton can't compete financially but they're doing better than us. I'll never take money as a valid excuse for why we haven't won the league. The reason we haven't won the league, is because so often players and fans alike are saying we're out of it because we're four or five points behind. They let their heads drop and off we go and drop a further ten/twenty points behind. Nothing in football, just like nothing in life, is handed to you on a plate. You have to work for it, our players aren't prepared to but that effort in. Why should they, they know they're picking up 30-100 grand a week for doing nothing, but breaking fans hearts. Also they'll be sitting there, going "what's the satisfaction of being better than Wigan and Derby, when if I play my heart out in Europe I can say I'm better than Barcelona and Milan." Well the answer to that is simple, if you don't beat Wigan and Derby you don't get the chance to play Barcelona and Milan. You have to put the hard work in the league first to reap the rewards of europe. These players seem to forget that.

Money is no object to Liverpool Football Club, so again I'll never accept that excuse. It's been 18 years far to long since I saw an open top bus with the league championship on it flying down Park Road or outside St George's Hall.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:11 pm

s@int wrote:I know the MOD'S get blamed for a lot John but I don't think its their fault we are struggling for 4th place mate  :D

have to agree with s@int on that one :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:13 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:So what Cig. We can't compete financially is all I hear. QPR have been bought by an owner richer than Ambrovich, they're hardly walking away with the championship. Bristol City and Stoke haven't two pennies to rub together but they're 2nd and 3rd respectively in the Championship, Stoke can even go top tonight. If you can't buy success, you earn it. The quality we do have, is more than capable of competing. I'd take our first choice 11 over any other. Everton can't compete financially but they're doing better than us. I'll never take money as a valid excuse for why we haven't won the league. The reason we haven't won the league, is because so often players and fans alike are saying we're out of it because we're four or five points behind. They let their heads drop and off we go and drop a further ten/twenty points behind. Nothing in football, just like nothing in life, is handed to you on a plate. You have to work for it, our players aren't prepared to but that effort in. Why should they, they know they're picking up 30-100 grand a week for doing nothing, but breaking fans hearts. Also they'll be sitting there, going "what's the satisfaction of being better than Wigan and Derby, when if I play my heart out in Europe I can say I'm better than Barcelona and Milan." Well the answer to that is simple, if you don't beat Wigan and Derby you don't get the chance to play Barcelona and Milan. You have to put the hard work in the league first to reap the rewards of europe. These players seem to forget that.

Money is no object to Liverpool Football Club, so again I'll never accept that excuse. It's been 18 years far to long since I saw an open top bus with the league championship on it flying down Park Road or outside St George's Hall.

looking at his examples in his post. It would appear he has a valid point

nice one mate  :buttrock
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion