FABIO AURELIO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:01 pm

Insua should be first choice, he's a better footballer than Aurelio. Having said that Aurelio, attacking wise, had a great game but he still flatters to deceive in his defensive responsibilities.
heimdall

Postby akumaface » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:16 am

I think no one will argue Aurelio got a very nice left foot who could deliver quality crosses and take amazing free kick. He was never really far off when taking a free kick around the goal. I agree that he does have a problem with injury but the main problem is his defence. He played decently but not great. He doesn't have the pace as well as toughness to take on skillful and tricky wingers. As long as the LM come back to help, he will be ok. I don't think it's fair to expect more than what he had shown us. He was a free transfer and Insua definitely the future that is already playing very good defence. WIth Aurelio and Insua, we are ok at this position. Just hope we can get a RB and a true RW plus a quality striker as cover. A more experienced CM would be welcome.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:39 pm

I think Aurellio is a handy player but for me he lacks physicality and intensity and I'm surprised teams haven't singled him out more.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:45 pm

akumaface wrote:I think no one will argue Aurelio got a very nice left foot who could deliver quality crosses and take amazing free kick. He was never really far off when taking a free kick around the goal. I agree that he does have a problem with injury but the main problem is his defence. He played decently but not great. He doesn't have the pace as well as toughness to take on skillful and tricky wingers. As long as the LM come back to help, he will be ok. I don't think it's fair to expect more than what he had shown us. He was a free transfer and Insua definitely the future that is already playing very good defence. WIth Aurelio and Insua, we are ok at this position. Just hope we can get a RB and a true RW plus a quality striker as cover. A more experienced CM would be welcome.

I agree almost all of this. I think Insua is very promising but still has a lot to learn. But I also think that with Aurelio and Insua we seem to have the position well covered.

Among the virtues you mention of Aurelio, I agree, but I'd add, besides the crosses his very good diagonal long balls, after Stevie and Alonso he's probably the most accurate player of the squad on a long pass.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Sabre wrote:
akumaface wrote:I think no one will argue Aurelio got a very nice left foot who could deliver quality crosses and take amazing free kick. He was never really far off when taking a free kick around the goal. I agree that he does have a problem with injury but the main problem is his defence. He played decently but not great. He doesn't have the pace as well as toughness to take on skillful and tricky wingers. As long as the LM come back to help, he will be ok. I don't think it's fair to expect more than what he had shown us. He was a free transfer and Insua definitely the future that is already playing very good defence. WIth Aurelio and Insua, we are ok at this position. Just hope we can get a RB and a true RW plus a quality striker as cover. A more experienced CM would be welcome.

I agree almost all of this. I think Insua is very promising but still has a lot to learn. But I also think that with Aurelio and Insua we seem to have the position well covered.

Among the virtues you mention of Aurelio, I agree, but I'd add, besides the crosses his very good diagonal long balls, after Stevie and Alonso he's probably the most accurate player of the squad on a long pass.

Only the last few games though Sabre, before that his crossing and passing were fecking awful. Anyway I'm fairly happy with his play lately, still prefer Insua though.
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:58 pm

I think aurelio defensively wise handled fakey superbly and also robben .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Aurelio is a bit like Riera, a good squad player but not consistant enough to play 90 mins week in week out. I'd like to see us ship out Dossena and bring in another left back and use Fabio and Insua as cover.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:30 pm

not suprised anymore...

CHILD’S PLAY TURNS SERIOUS FOR AURELIO

FABIO AURELIO looks set to miss the start of the season for Liverpool after damaging his knee playing football with his children.

Brazilian left-back Aurelio, 29, is now facing the prospect of surgery and several months on the sidelines in a move that could impact upon the future of Andrea Dossena.

Aurelio’s spell at Anfield has been scarred by a succession of injury problems.

Defender Aurelio, who is entering the final year of his contract, is understood to have twisted a knee playing with son, Fabio jnr, and daughter Victoria.

The latest setback is a blow for manager Rafa Benitez who must now evaluate whether he can afford to lose Dossena, who has been courted by Juventus.

Italy international Dossena and Argentinian Emiliano Insua are the only other recognised left-backs at Anfield.

link
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:32 pm

he needs to pad all the walls in his house this lad
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:43 pm

An if i was Rafa i pi.ss Madrid off big time making a bid  as cover for there young defender Miguel Torres he can play left or right , I know weve got Emilio but feck it lets do what there doing to us,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:46 pm

I really like Aurelio (always have, that's why I started the thread) but FFS his injuries are a joke. I'm sorry as well, if you're getting paid 50K a week to sit on your erse and not get injured, which he effectively is right now, he shouldn't be playing fecking football with his kids, nor going skiing, mountain biking or any of that old b0ll0cks. Fecks sake lad, get yourself a few DVD's or read some books or something. Take the kids fishing FFS, or to the movies. Fecking joke.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 pm

I would still sell Dossena, but try to hang on to Arbeloa as not only would he be good cover for Johnson but could also play left back if we needed him to.
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Id sell Dossena an all Saint , but i think Bob has made his mind up about going back to Spain, As i said lets p.iss them off as well an go for there young defender Torres :laugh: Big lad , only 22 who can play left or right,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Yes if we've got someone who is willing to pay cash money for dossena, get rid asap. The opportunity may never come up again. Worst comes to the worst if we have to sell Arbie, we could play Agger there (I've always felt he'd make a left back). We still need a centre half though desperately, as well as a front player. We probably need a goalkeeper as well since we haven't signed one for a few months.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:54 pm

bigmick wrote:We probably need a goalkeeper as well since we haven't signed one for a few months.

:D
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion