How do you rate fabio aurelio's first season? - Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:48 pm

I think he has the potential for sure. He took some time to bed in and then got that horrific injury which deffo didn't help.
But, from what little I've seen of him, he's technically gifted (not full of flair, but technique-wise... if that makes sense... :D ) and agree with a few on here bout his left foot. Also, he's an option from dead-ball situations which would free up Gerrard from that particular duty ( I don't think dead-ball situations is one of Gerrard's many gifts).

Assuming he can recover from the cruciate injury, which can be devastating, and continue to bed-in, we'll have a potentially excellent left-back. The question is will he be able to......

There's hope there methinks.....
ConnO'var

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:26 pm

bigmick wrote:I really like him and did from the first time I saw him play. For me he's an out and out defender, not a left midfielder who has the sweetest left-foot, along with a good range of pass. My suspicion is that this season he will become first-choice (if there is such a thing nowadays) left back and in the unlikely event that Kewell remains fit for most of the season, will keep Riise out of the team. An absolute steal on a free and might just become one of the best in his position in the league this season.

Yep, yep and yep.

The first time I saw him was in pre-season last year (obviously) against Lincoln City, and he was f*cking superb.

I'm with Mick all the way here - provided his injuries clear up, he's going to be first choice at leftback without a doubt - absolutely BATTERS Riise in that position.

It could also be that people will regard him as one of (if not THE) best attacking leftbacks in England before too long.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:50 am

Aurellio is supposedly out till Christmas, so this season won't end up being the season he proves himself to the fans.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion