FABIO AURELIO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:52 pm

Aurelio is like a clean slate waiting to be written on. he does the basics well enough but needs to gel more with the team and he is definately enjoying the physcial side of the premiership.

he'll be fine with us.

and for what its worth, its carra and sisso that we are missing at the moment
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:59 pm

GOAT wrote:
onizukaeikichi wrote:i havent a clean sheet yet since the new season has started :( i want  JAR back!

I want carra back..

i should have said "we" havent had a clean sheet  :D

and yes, carra back pls as well
onizukaeikichi

Postby Espionage » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:45 pm

PMSL...... :D
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:05 am

i havent a clean sheet yet since the new season has started  i want  JAR back!

We haven't had a clean sheet in a while even with Carra and Riise at the back. The last time we kept a clean sheet was against Blackburn away, and that was 10 games ago.

SACK RAFA!

:D
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:54 am

Good article with Fabio from the Times

LINK
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wintersleep » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:29 am

That was a really good read.

Fabio seems like an all-round class guy....hope the niggling injuries keep their distance
Wintersleep

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Yeah if he can stay injury free he should be first choice with Insua as 2nd choice.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:38 pm

I wasn't sure about him really he didn't seem to fit some how and specially with his fitness often breaking down I though he would drift away. I thought Rafa had found the solution when I heard we had signed a capped Italian left back, shame. Dossena, if he gets fitter and learns the English game a bit better will challenge him for that spot. From what I have seen from Insua I am very pleased... we have got some half decent+ options. Can any of them move to right back easily? Arbeloa is doing well this season but we clearly lack depth... is this one for the summer signings?

Aurellio has left back nailed down at the moment he seems to have really stepped up his game. He gets forwards when necessary and he has settled in to the back four routine well. The article in The Times shows that he has his head screwed on properly, which is always nice.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:09 pm

I didn't read all the comments and I thought someone would have shouted Aurelio is the best left back in EPL by now :D . To me, i think he need to have a run of games to convince me. I think he no doubt had the skill but my question mark always is his defense. But his recent run really surprised me. I just need to see him in more games to the current form is his normal form. Insua played quite well for a young player at 19 but i agree with many of you that Fabio is current the undisputed no 1 left back in our team.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 am

we all dream... wrote:Aurellio has left back nailed down at the moment he seems to have really stepped up his game. He gets forwards when necessary and he has settled in to the back four routine well. The article in The Times shows that he has his head screwed on properly, which is always nice.

He's also contributing to the side with goals, less reliance on Torres now and that's showing the TEAM is playing well and not just Gerrard and Torres.

Goalscorers In Last Four Games (15 Goals, WWWW!)

6 Gerrard
2 Torres, Dossena
1 Aurelio, Riera, Kuyt, N'Gog, Benayoun

EIGHT different scorers in four games, only notable absentee from those names is Xabi - and Arbeloa could and maybe should have scored yesterday too. Signs are good, let's hope we come back from International break with Torres fit and can carry on from where we left off.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:52 am

Not sure whether or not I'm getting carried away by our current run of form but I now look at our lineup and don't see the amount of weeknesses I used to. I have long had serious doubts about our full backs but now I see Arbeloa growing in stature and in Fabio we have arguably on current form the best performing left back in the Prem. Would you swap him for Evra? I don't think I've seen a better job done on Ronaldo all season than the one done by Fabio at Old Trafford and to top it with a goal was the icing on the cake. Also young Insua looks as though he will be more than capable of providing cover for Fabio should we need it.

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:16 pm

I find it a bit funny that our line-up yesterday was deemed by some our strongest, yet not so many games ago Benayoun was the best thing since sliced bread. Some still look to displace Kuyt on the right and he opened the scoring yesterday.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Owzat wrote:I find it a bit funny that our line-up yesterday was deemed by some our strongest, yet not so many games ago Benayoun was the best thing since sliced bread. Some still look to displace Kuyt on the right and he opened the scoring yesterday.

I think its the manner in which theyve been playing which made them look weak.
I have always maintained that we have some excellent players who havent been pulling their weight.
They are now and it shows
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:44 pm

And now they've sorted out the problems with throw-ins................. ! :laugh:
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Throw ins?   Time to merge this thread........ :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion