FABIO AURELIO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:43 pm

heimdall wrote:Insua should be first choice, he's a better footballer than Aurelio. Having said that Aurelio, attacking wise, had a great game but he still flatters to deceive in his defensive responsibilities.

Utter garbage.

Just ask Pepe.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Is it worth keeping Dossena just so that he can serve as 2nd string LB for 2 months or so, only to go back to being third string LB when Aurelio is fit?

Aurelio makes things so frustrating.

Normally 2 per position sounds fine. But Aurelio is hurt so often, that him and Insua is more like 1.5 people at LB. And who knows if Insua is capable of handling a long stretch of consecutive premiership games? (he actually handled the U20 very well which was played in the middle of the summer in Venezuela, and he had to play 9 matches in 21 days.

I think it would make sense to still sell Dossena and then try to keep hold of Arbeloa, because he can cover for both left and right. But I do agree that if Arbeloa has his heart set on leaving, that Torres would be an ideal replacement.

The only other fullback that I know of that I would call a "switch hitter" would be Lahm, but he would cost more than he is worth.

If for some reason we kept Doss, and Insua got hurt before Aurelio returned, I think it would actually be more reasonable to switch to a wingback system than to risk playing him as a LB in a flat back four.
                  Carra            Skrtel             Agger
   Johnson                       Mascherano                  Dossena
                                Alonso
              Gerrard                                    Yossi
                                     Torres
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:28 pm

You seem determined to get us playing with wing backs and 3 CB's Joe. :D
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:22 pm

s@int wrote:You seem determined to get us playing with wing backs and 3 CB's Joe. :D

well maybe  :D    But seriously though, Dossena has been cr@p as a LB, and less cr@p in more advanced roles, and this idea was on the contingent of us keeping him, which I don't think should happen, and if we did I would have Insua as first choice.

Also, without more CBs I don't think its a viable option to play 3 at the back for a sustained period of time  :(

P.S. Johnson is also someone who I think would only get better with less defensive responsibilities.
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:32 pm

i would stick insua in and have arebola as back-up hes never let us down when hes played there, this could be good news in the long run as arebola to me is a good young versatile player and would be a loss to the squad, maybe hell stay now with more chance of playing
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:33 am

Well if can't get pass playing football with the kids without getting injured, then how is he going to play in a real game... :D  you can't fault him for trying out with his kids first... :;):
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:12 am

Isua will be no1 sooner or later anyway so we might aswell put him in that position and sell both Dossena an even Arbeloa and raise some funds
roberto green

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Yep. Aurelio should just be backup anyway with his injury rate. Insua is the future so he needs to get more playing time this year.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:Insua is the future so he needs to get more playing time this year.

Garlic Bread now that's the future

:D
roberto green

Postby heimdall » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
heimdall wrote:Insua should be first choice, he's a better footballer than Aurelio. Having said that Aurelio, attacking wise, had a great game but he still flatters to deceive in his defensive responsibilities.

Utter garbage.

Just ask Pepe.

Wow you really do go searching for my old posts don't you. I still stand by that plus Insua isn't made of glass. Who the feck ever heard of someone getting injured playing football with the kids.  :no
heimdall

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:56 pm

heimdall wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Utter garbage.

Just ask Pepe.

Wow you really do go searching for my old posts don't you. I still stand by that plus Insua isn't made of glass. Who the feck ever heard of someone getting injured playing football with the kids.  :no

I think david james got injured before playing nintendo...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:50 am

FFS aurelio is made of glass , how serious was that game with his kid that he did his knee in so bad
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:49 pm

Toffeehater wrote:FFS aurelio is made of glass , how serious was that game with his kid that he did his knee in so bad

=

:(
burjennio

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Lools like he might be out now will Christmas   :angry:

Which mean Dossena will be staying

LINK
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:30 pm

christ he was only playing with his kids FFS :(
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion