How do you rate fabio aurelio's first season? - Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tukes16 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:59 pm

Didnt start off well had to settle in took a while but started tos how he was a good player before getting injured
tukes16

Postby grayghost » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:07 pm

He was playing :censored: until the Arsenal game and then he got injured we can't rely on him lets be honest.
grayghost

Postby redmikey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:01 pm

like all players from aboard he took a bit of time to settle , but as posted he is an out and out LB which is what rafa is after , he is a threat around the box with his cross and shot, if he would just stop taking fitness advise from kewell and chris kirkland we would be ok

first team regular imo when fit , arbeloa is centre back cover and right back another good signing who looked cool calm and collected
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Every time he played i saw good touch and awareness, and a very good left foot. He also put in some good crosses, which the forwards failed to attack. Considering the fact he was in an alien environment, and injured often, imho i think he could show us his best form this year.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kewell2Dominate » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:57 pm

I think he had a mare. Yeh he put in a few good crosses and started looking ok but injuries stuffed him up. I think wer need heinze. I just can't trust him. he almost gives me as many shivers as traore. Ok thats a bit harsh but he isn't solid!
Kewell2Dominate

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:46 pm

A [B]LOT[B] is going to depend on how well he recovers from his injury, and if he loses pace or accuracy with his crosses, but if he fully recovers to the form right before the injury I think he is our LB, I wish he was a little younger though he turns 28 in September, but he can give us 2 maybe three years as a starter then one more as cover when Insua takes over for a decade :D
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:56 pm

JoeTerp wrote:A [B]LOT[B] is going to depend on how well he recovers from his injury, and if he loses pace or accuracy with his crosses, but if he fully recovers to the form right before the injury I think he is our LB, I wish he was a little younger though he turns 28 in September, but he can give us 2 maybe three years as a starter then one more as cover when Insua takes over for a decade :D

I wouldn't worry too much about his age, Joe.  Finnan's 31 and still sharp.  Gary Neville's 32 and shows no sign of making way (still a tw.at, though :D ).  Then, if you look abroad, the likes of Maldini, Cafu and Roberto Carlos illustrate that it is possible to have a long career as a full back, even in a top league.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:38 am

Aurellio didn't put much confidence in me last year, I remember 1 game and only 1 where he caught my eye, Arsenal at Anfield where we won 4-1 (Crouch hat-trick and the best centre half in the world getting the other) But overall if we sold him I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest. I think there is better out there that we can reallistically get, i.e. Matty Taylor, Leighton Baines or even a player we had Stephen Warnock. So I wasn't bowled over by him.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby europian-kings » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:41 am

at first i was a bit disapointed and started criticising him, but from about 3 or 4 weeks before his injury i saw mega improvements from him and he looked like a very decent player. hope he returns as the same
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:45 am

He's ok. Give him another season to prove himself. By the way, i think he's better than riise...as a fullback.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:33 am

red_guy wrote:He's ok. Give him another season to prove himself. By the way, i think he's better than riise...as a fullback.

He is better than riise as a full back. He is better going forward, better dribbler, better crosser and all these technical things.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:44 am

I agree with a lot of comments on here, imo there's still a big question mark over Aurellio but 1 more season with a bit more football and we will see.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:00 am

he showed signs of settling in before he got injured for the umpteenth time. too early to judge him yet, will know more at the end of this season.

he's brazilian!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:22 pm

An update on Aurelio for the lads who were asking.  Looks like he's sidelined for a bit longer than expected.

Aurelio doubt for Reds

By Graeme Bailey
14 Jul 2007

PREMIERSHIP SEASON 2007-08

Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Fabio Aurelio may not be fit for the start of the new season.

The Brazilian full-back suffered cruciate ligament damage last season and had been expected to be fit in time for pre-season training.

However, Benitez has admitted there is a major doubt over Aurelio.

"Fabio isn't fit yet. It could be another month before he is recovered, but we knew it would be a long time when he suffered the injury," said Benitez.

"He is improving, but it's not easy when you have this kind of injury."

sly sports. 

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/217111132?-11194

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:25 pm

red37 wrote:An update on Aurelio for the lads who were asking.  Looks like he's sidelined for a bit longer than expected.

Aurelio doubt for Reds

By Graeme Bailey
14 Jul 2007

PREMIERSHIP SEASON 2007-08

Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Fabio Aurelio may not be fit for the start of the new season.

The Brazilian full-back suffered cruciate ligament damage last season and had been expected to be fit in time for pre-season training.

However, Benitez has admitted there is a major doubt over Aurelio.

"Fabio isn't fit yet. It could be another month before he is recovered, but we knew it would be a long time when he suffered the injury," said Benitez.

"He is improving, but it's not easy when you have this kind of injury."

sly sports. 

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/217111132?-11194

That's bad news.  I wonder, then, if we will be bringing in another LB to support Riise?  I suppose we have Insua as cover but, to be perfectly honest, he's merely looked decent in the Argentinian U-20 side, from what I've seen.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion