How do you rate fabio aurelio's first season? - Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lfcseb » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:03 am

i think fabio's first season at liverpool was scratchy, he had the extra burden of expectation that was placed on him being the first brazilian to play at liverpool, which probably reflects in the thoughts that many people have of his first year. he has shown glimpses of the form that obviously got him transfered him the first place, but i think his free kicks have been some what of a disapointment, he missed and wasted to many shots at goal with the free kicks!
thoughts?
lfcseb

Postby Geo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:27 am

before his injury i think he was really starting to improve. he showed flashes of brilliance with his coresses but i agree looked out of sorts with free kicks. i think will be a useful player again this season assuming he stays away from injuries
Geo

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:54 am

At the start of the season, with some injuries in the back four and some players out of form, it was not the best moment to shine, but as the team settled, Fabio Aurelio settled. I think he's a LB good enough for a club of this size, and he can play LM too. I think this second season we'll see more things from him. His recovery might be one of the best signing ups.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flombs » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:36 am

how's his recovery going anyway? Any word as to when he'll be back?
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby lfcseb » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:39 am

i am not to sure. anyone know?
lfcseb

Postby red37 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:47 am

End of the month thereabouts.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tommycockles » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 am

admittedly he didn't start too well, but before he got injured he was really starting to show some talent. I'm looking forward to him showing more of that this season and i'm sure he'll seem like a new signing for us.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:20 am

I really like him and did from the first time I saw him play. For me he's an out and out defender, not a left midfielder who has the sweetest left-foot, along with a good range of pass. My suspicion is that this season he will become first-choice (if there is such a thing nowadays) left back and in the unlikely event that Kewell remains fit for most of the season, will keep Riise out of the team. An absolute steal on a free and might just become one of the best in his position in the league this season.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:50 am

Although he was starting to play well just before his injury, I still have doubts about Aurelio. Defensively he doesn't seem much better than Riise who has himself struggled, and while he has shown on occasion he can cross a great ball he didn't do it enough. My biggest disappointment was after the build up he received that his passing wasn't better. Hopefully my doubts can soon be put to rest and he can really establish himself this season.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:52 am

I'd pretty much agree with the sweet left foot thing Mick has said, but nothing else. Well maybe the fact he's not a LM. From what I've seen of him, he's neat and tidy on the ball. But not an out and out defender like Carra is, earlier on last season his defending looked suspect to me.

Granted he hasnt been here long, and has had his injuries which havent help him find consistancey. I think he'll be Rafa's first choice, but after a few dodgey games next season JAR will resume his usual role. I certainly dont think he'll be one of the best left backs next season ...... Humble pie my way, I hope so !
66-1112520797

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:23 am

I'm going to agree with Bigmick's sentiments about Aurelio. I also like him, he is great on the ball, quick feet and a sweet left foot. I think some of you underrate him defencivly, he can tackle ever so well. Last season he played more on the left midfield, which isn't his favorite position, he is a natural left back and hopefully we can see him play more there.
Last edited by metalhead on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KRobbo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:30 am

If he keeps injury free hopefully he will be able to put pressure on JAR which will be good for both of them and for us.

He was coming good until he good injured especially when we played Chelsea at home.
KRobbo

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:40 am

Aurelio is our best left back. Unfortunately he seems to be unable to stay fit for more than four weeks at a time. Which imo means we need a new left back, unless Rafa is planning to use Arbeloa there.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:15 pm

Yeah injury aside he looks a top player. His performance at home to Arsenall was impressive.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:20 pm

Not much to go on to form a really solid opinion as he was out injured quite a bit.  I did see flashes of true promise at LB, with the Arsenal game the real highlight.  I don't rate him at LM, TBH, so I hope we see a great deal less of him there with the return of Kewell and the arrival of Leto, Babel etc.  If he can stay fit and find the rhythm that's required for being a consistent defender in the league we'll have a great player on our hands, I hope.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion