FABIO AURELIO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:22 pm

the left back position has been a farce ever since riise left. if only fabio could stay fit for more than 5 minutes :down:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:58 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:complete garbage. what a waste of space really. anyone has any idea what's the most number of games he has played consecutively without getting injured? ???  i don't care about potential or how good he can be when fit considering the fact that he is rarely fit to begin with.

I think its unfair to slate a good loyal servant to the club in this way. Fabio has been very unlucky with injuries, but he is a class act when fit. Unfortunately that is not often enough but i will never forget the free kick in the CL v Chavski..

He did his hammy yesterday and this happens to all players.. I just wish he was more robust but he has a role to play.

thats the thing that frustrates me the most - we don't see him enough.

Think you have worded it wrong mate.

Everyone knows he is not garbage and is a very good player when fit.

But we will all agree that is nowhere near enough.
We desperately need someone new for next season.

I still think that technically he's one of our most gifted players, always comfortable with the ball, never see him hoofing it.

If the fella had the robustness of say Lucas or Kuyt he'd be a diamond, unfortunately he hasn't and I doubt if we'll ever see much of him again.

Also agree with those raising concerns over Agger, another technically gifted player who seems destined for a career curtailed by recurring injuries.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:25 pm

I think Aurelio is finished.  Might play one or two more games in a Liverpool shirt but that'll be it.  Sad really cos he is very good when fit.

Agree with everyone on Agger as well.  Good defender but always seems to be on the sidelines. 

One more to add to the list though but thankfully to a much lesser extent...Martin Kelly.  I love the lad and pray he has a great career with us but he is injured at the moment and got injured last season just when it seemed like he might become a part of Rafa's plans. Too young to know yet though.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Think you have worded it wrong mate.

Everyone knows he is not garbage and is a very good player when fit.

But we will all agree that is nowhere near enough.
We desperately need someone new for next season.

the fact that he is never fit is garbage. pointless having such good technical skills when you don't have the fitness to go with it.

like Woof said, if he had the fitness of Lucas or Kuyt, it would be great. but he doesn't, he's made of glass and i've lost patience with him. the last player who had such a bad fitness record was Harry Kewell.

we always seem to have poor luck when it comes to the left-side.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby burjennio » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:24 pm

Left side and both fullback and wing have to be improved this summer if we're serious about mixing it with the top 4 again. Glen Johnson is not the long term solution for that position IMO and sadly Aurelio is done.
burjennio

Postby Zidane » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:39 pm

Poor Fabio, he wants to play here and can't stay fit. I feel for the guy he was doing so well against the mancs too.
Zidane

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Ship him out. We can't afford to pay his wages and have him spend his time either on the physio's bench or in recovery...
Thanks Fabio but your time is up...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 pm

his time was up last season, but due lack of funds we had little choice t bring him back.

Get rid
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Zidane wrote:Poor Fabio, he wants to play here and can't stay fit. I feel for the guy he was doing so well against the mancs too.

agree.
he is technically a very good player and has plenty of football in him.its just a pure shame we never had him fit for long enough to get it out of him.
still he should be shipped out in the summer.
if we get someone with his ability and a better fitness record id be happy.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 am

I like many think he is a good player but he always injured, to be honest I couldn't see anyone else buying him.

Hopefully he is only on a short term contract.

A top class left back and left winger are the main priorities for the summer.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri May 25, 2012 10:15 am

Signed for Gremio in Brazil apparently according to sportlinglife.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Fri May 25, 2012 10:36 am

Johnny Boy » Fri May 25, 2012 9:15 am wrote:Signed for Gremio in Brazil apparently according to sportlinglife.

How odd - did they think they were resigning Lucas?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Best of luck back in Brazil, Fabio.
The best left back in England when playing, and an unsung hero of our best league campaign in 2008-09. Such a shame your ligaments are made from chewing gum. :(

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Lando_Griffin » Fri May 25, 2012 2:51 pm wrote:Best of luck back in Brazil, Fabio.
The best left back in England when playing, and an unsung hero of our best league campaign in 2008-09. Such a shame your ligaments are made from chewing gum. :(

Funny, but true ,the lad was genuine quality for the days his limbs allowed him to be ....all the best Fabio.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 26, 2012 11:03 am

classy player and i`m sure if he wasnt cursed with injuries he`d be our current left back.
he`s one of the few players at the club who could actually cross a ball and i`m sure carroll is gutted that fabio never played more.
good luck in the future mate and thanks for your efforts in a red shirt
ynwa
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion