FABIO AURELIO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:47 pm

18mill on Leighton Baines and its all sorted out... :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Not as bad as first feared,out for about a month.
So lets sell Dossena and look for a left back who is as comfortable playing centre half.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:30 pm

Mate he's going to out for 6 months ! Aurelio can take freekicks as well , something which no other left back since carlos could do well . Thats why i feel he's so valuable to the team , insua while has had a decent/good spell with the team can't do that , plus he's a youngster thus he has the lack of expereince that fabio has . I wouldn't sell dossena now , i think next season he might be a better player , he has looked much better towards the closing months of the season. He's got a wicked left foot , his crossing is good , i wouldn't be surprised if we see dossena lining up against spurs on the opening day instead of insua
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Mate he's going to out for 6 months ! Aurelio can take freekicks as well , something which no other left back since carlos could do well . Thats why i feel he's so valuable to the team , insua while has had a decent/good spell with the team can't do that , plus he's a youngster thus he has the lack of expereince that fabio has . I wouldn't sell dossena now , i think next season he might be a better player , he has looked much better towards the closing months of the season. He's got a wicked left foot , his crossing is good , i wouldn't be surprised if we see dossena lining up against spurs on the opening day instead of insua

No he is out for a maximum of 2 months but expected to be out for 1 month..
Fauxy

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Any links confirming that?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:51 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Any links confirming that?

See down at the bottom, mate. :)

---

`CRAZY` MONEY FRUSTRATES BENITEZ
Posted 09/07/09 15:22

Rafael Benitez unveiled new boy Glen Johnson on Thursday and took a swipe at Manchester City with their "money, money, money" approach to the transfer market.

The Liverpool boss has spent £17million on the England full-back, a large chunk of which is wiped out by the cash Portsmouth still owe the Anfield club from the Peter Crouch deal.

And while Benitez played hardball with Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano over their long-term futures, he accepts that the market was now "crazy" and dominated by money.

He even admitted that he had tried again to sign Gareth Barry this summer from Aston Villa, but he eventually went to City.

Benitez said: "We had to pay big money, the market is now crazy. It is all money, money, money now. But we were signing a good player, an England player, and that is very positive.

"He has a good mentality, and when I spoke to him first it was clear he wanted to come here.

"Things have changed. You have to adapt to a situation. Manchester City and big clubs in Europe are spending big money, so the market has changed and we have to work harder.

"You have to do that to stay at the level we are at because of the big money being spent here and abroad."

City also wanted Johnson, but Benitez said: "It was difficult, some clubs are offering big money. But he wanted to come here, that was the difference.

"We did go back again for Barry, but as I said, it is all about money, money, money. It is as simple as that."

On City's influence on the market and their prospects for next term, Benitez added: "City have signed a lot of good players, but that is no guarantee they will win anything. But it will be interesting to see what happens next season.

"But whatever happens, experience is more important and we feel that we have that to be in the top positions.

"If you spend big it is always easier to perform well. But when you have a good understanding between players that is also important. If they are together, they work hard, that is just as important."

Benitez has also had to contend with a summer of transfer speculation over Alonso, wanted by Real Madrid, and Mascherano, a target for European champions Barcelona.

But although it is believed both players are being swayed by the advances of the Spanish club, Benitez made it clear that he does not want to sell and would like some loyalty shown by the pair.

He said: "I do not think Alonso or Mascherano will go. It is clear that they both are under contract with long-term agreements. That is it.

"There has been a lot of things written, a lot of rumours, but both players are under contract and we have no more need to talk about things.

"They are both very good players and I will be very pleased to keep them. They both have very good contracts.

"We signed them both from different situations. Alonso was coming from Real Sociedad and nobody had really heard much of him outside of Spain, he did well and we renewed his contract because of that.

"Mascherano came from West Ham where he had not been doing well. We brought him here and gave him a good contract, so we are very pleased with them both and that Liverpool has been very good to them."

Benitez also dismissed rumours that full back Fabio Aurelio will be out for six months with a knee injury.

He said: "One, maybe two months, I expect him back by then. Certainly not six."

LINK
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Ah cheers for that bob , certainly better news :)
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:16 am

Keeping all 3 leftback will be a good idea if we are to challenge for trophies next season.
It will be a long season. I guess all 3 will be used at different stage of the season and we know rafa likes to change players according to his match setup.
Dossena deserve another season anyway.
Hope Aurelio get well soon.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:48 am

Keris wrote:Keeping all 3 leftback will be a good idea if we are to challenge for trophies next season.
It will be a long season. I guess all 3 will be used at different stage of the season and we know rafa likes to change players according to his match setup.
Dossena deserve another season anyway.
Hope Aurelio get well soon.

I agree that Dossena deserve another season but we need money and ..... Aurelio, he's the MC KING !!
LiverpoolMadman

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:42 pm

I really rate Aurelio , ok, he does sometimes look a bit fragile and sometimes out of position but imo on the ball he's one of the most comfortable and technically gifted out of all our squad . Time and time again I've seen him being closed down and pressed but the fella never panics, hoofing the ball away is rarely an option in his mind (maybe it should be :D ) , rather a little drag back, leave the closing player on his a'rse and look to launch a telling ball forward.

Would just love to see the fella remain match fit and get a serious unbroken run in the side, so far his career with us has been a series of fits and starts.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:56 pm

Aurelios a great little technical player and there arent many i'd rather have ahead of him.. just wish he'd be fit more often ..
I agree that he might get caught out of position every now and then but then again most fullbacks have the same problem...
The only genuine criticism i'd have on Aurelio is that sometimes he doesnt take that extra step needed in the final third.... The likes of Ashley Cole and Evra always seem to do so and thats what makes them so dangerous in the final third... Too often, Aurelio finds himself on th ball in the final third with space and time to exploit and yet he decided to put in the cross way too early. failing that he'd opt for the short pass deeper in, instead of taking it to the byline or having a go at the opposition fullback..
I know he isnt the best of dribblers around, neither is the he the paciest of fullbacks, but i'd like to see him have more of an impact in the final third...
Funny enough, Dossena -again despite his frustrating end product more often than not- cant be criticized in that department... he'll run at the opposition fullbacks regardless and if he had a better cross on him or if he was any better at picking a pass (Aurelio?!) he would be a great attacking asset to our attacking game... Glen johnson will hopefully offer that down the right flank, heres for hoping Aurelio stays fit for the better part of next season because imo hes an important player for us as things stand...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:27 am

Liverpool defender offered pay-as-you-play deal
Sunday, 29th November 2009
Liverpool defender Fabio Aurelio’s future at Anfield is under speculation after the Brazilian was offered a pay-as-you-play deal.

The full-back’s contract runs out at the end of this season and he has rejected an initial offer that was ‘loaded with bonuses linked to the number of games he plays’.

Rafael Benitez hopes the 30-year-old will revise his contract demands and decide to remain at Liverpool.

Benitez said: “Fabio has been really unlucky. When we spoke to him about a contract extension he had an injury and he has had lots of injuries in the past.

“We made him an offer and his agent rejected it. Then he suffered another injury and we have had to analyse the situation again.

“We will talk again in the future because he is a good person, a great professional and a great player.

“Maybe his situation needs to be looked at in a different way and he needs to be realistic.”
account deleted by request

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:50 am

Goodbye Aurelio then it seems
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:11 am

No loss if he goes, like Kewell it doesn't seem as if he wants a 'pay as you play deal' if reports are true. Feck him off and free up the wage bill.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Its a shame with him, he gets back fit and gets into form, looks a really good player and then gets injured again.
I think realistically the club are right to offer him that kind of deal.
But personally i wouldnt want to lose Fabio at all.
The problem if he rejects what's on offer and leaves is - we have to then replace him and as with Hyypia this season we have seen that its not aways that easy to do it.
In the end we had to spend money on the greek and clearly have a worse player.
So although we may say fabio is never fit etc etc etc, how do you go about replacing him when we have no money ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion